chapter six

Summer

You’ve finally returned to basecamp after the little episode you had with Jimin. Eyes scrutinized you and whispers wondered where you went, yet the only thing Jimin could do to salvage your embarrassment was whistle nonchalantly and pretend he had nothing to do with your late arrival.

 

“Gather around everyone! It is time for your next activity” Ms. Chung clapped and averted everyone’s attention towards her. “The winning team will receive a special lunch!”

 

--

 

This next activity was called Capture the Flag. One of your most favorite games to play, and the one game you were looking forward to the most. Why? because Mission Get-Back-At-Jimin (with the assistance of Jungkook) was going to take place.

 

You and Jungkook high-fived, fortunately being placed on the same team while Jimin was placed on the opposing.

 

Jungkook leaned into you and whispered “You ready?”

 

His breath tickled your ear. “Ready” you giggled.

 

You could feel Jimin’s suspicious glare from afar but you played it cool.

 

Everyone adjusted their flag-belts as people scattered across the field. The whistle blew, initiating the game.

 

You saw incoming members of the opposing team enter your territory. And suddenly, your game face was on. In a flash, you pulled flags from people’s belts, left and right. Dashing through enemies and dodging their reach, you stole their ball and chucked it at Jungkook who successfully caught it; earning a point for your team.

 

All the bangtan boys stared at you in awe, amazed at how passionately you played. You snuck a glance at Jimin and he looked the most fascinated out of everyone.

 

“Wah~ I am so impress-ed” Taehyung, who was also on your team, gave you a pat on the back.

 

His cute mispronunciation made you laugh. “Thanks Tae”

 

The game continued as each team earned points back and forth. The teams were tied 5:5, thus, the timed tie-breaker round begun.

 

You made eye contact with Jungkook and nodded, letting him know you were ready. He smirked in response, reciprocating the signal.

 

The whistle blew.

 

Jimin ran into your territory, circling around your teammates and moving quickly yet gracefully. As soon as he got closer, you charged towards him, distracting him from the goal. He dodged your attempts in pulling a flag from his belt and ran past you, obtaining your team’s ball.

 

Jimin raised his arms, preparing to throw the ball to Yoongi. You immediately signaled Jungkook and before Jimin could make another move, Jungkook swooped in and pulled his hyung’s pants down.

 

There was a moment of silence until everyone bursted into laughter at the sight of Jimin’s dinosaur-print underwear. You covered your mouth, attempting to hold in your laugh but his flushed face was too much to handle. It was actually kinda cute.

 

“Hyung, what’re you wearing??” Jungkook suddenly became Jungshook.

 

Jimin quickly pulled his pants up and smacked his dongsaeng’s arm. “Was this your idea!?”

 

Jungkook shook his head and immediately pointed a finger towards you. Your mouth dropped at the fact that this evil maknae ratted you out with no hesitation.

 

Jimin’s head took a sharp turn at you, eyes filled with vengeance. The small laughter in the background died out as people feared getting caught by the Ice Prince.

 

You shook your head furiously and held your hands out, hoping it would keep Jimin from approaching you. “I-I can explain. It was just a-”

 

Another whistle blew, interrupting Jimin’s footsteps.

 

“Time’s up! (Y/n)’s team wins!” Ms. Chung exclaims.

 

Your team screamed in triumph and crowded you, lifting you up in a victory huddle. You smiled sheepishly as your teammates chanted your name and bounced you up & down, carrying you away from Jimin’s wrath.

 

--

 

You latched onto Nayeon’s arm and reluctantly walked into the cafeteria, scanning the premises for any bangtan business.

 

“(Y/n), come onnn. I’m hungry!” Nayeon whined as she tried to shake her arm away.

 

“I’m just checking if the coast is clear” you loosened your grip, finally allowing the both of you to reach the food line. Nayeon was on your team as well, so lucky-her gets to enjoy some victory-food.

 

“I warned you to stay away from Jimin” she said in a told-you-so manner.

 

“Ugh, I know. But I just wanted to get back at him” you groaned, moving along the line with your tray.

 

“You sure did!” Nayeon laughed after recalling the memory of Jimin’s dinosaur underwear.

 

You nudged her shoulder. “Shut up, it wasn’t that funny.”

 

She grinned and raised her eyebrows at you.

 

“Okay, maybe it was that funny” you started to laugh with her.

 

You carried your trays over to a table with the rest of your roommates. The victory-food was no joke: jajangmyeon, tofu soup, and caramelized sweet potato for dessert. Staring at it just made your mouth water.

 

You lifted your chopsticks to your lips, preparing to take a bite of jajangmyeon, until a hand suddenly grabs your wrist.

 

Realizing who it was, your face turned white as a ghost.

 

Jimin grabs your tray of food and drags you by the wrist, without saying a word. You look back at Nayeon to see that she was just as worried as you were.

 

You arrived at a secluded table in the corner where the rest of the bangtan boys sat and acknowledged your presence.

 

“(Y/n) is eating with us today?” Hobi smiled excitedly.

 

You shyly waved at the boys with your free hand, still unsure of what’ll happen.

 

Jimin plopped you onto the seat across from him and nudged a tray of cold noodles in front of you, keeping your victory-food to himself.

 

“Yup, and we’re trading meals” he said with a smug face.

 

Your eyes widened. “BWOH!?” you attempted to take your food back but Jimin grabbed both of your wrists, stopping you instantly.

 

“Did you really think you could get away with embarrassing me in front of everyone?”

 

His words made you feel guilty, so you shut your mouth and accepted your fate. He proceeded to eat your food and stare at your misery.

 

“Jungkook, why’d you rat me out like that? I thought you were on my side” you whined at him, who was sitting right next to you with his own tray of victory-food.

 

“(Y/n), I don’t pick sides. I just like to have fun” he grinned innocently.

 

You sighed and sulked over your cold noodles, pushing it around with your chopsticks. These noodles were just as cold as Jimin, you thought to yourself.

 

Suddenly, another pair of chopsticks was held to your face. You look up to see Jimin holding out a huge bite of jajangmyeon and cupping his other hand underneath it to keep it from falling.

 

You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion. “But I thought-”

 

“Shut up and eat” he shoved the jajangmyeon into your mouth.

 

You smiled as the flavor satisfied your taste buds. “Komawo..” you said with your mouth full.

 

Jimin leans over the table and his face was once again close to yours. He really has to stop doing that.

 

You forcefully gulped the rest of the jajangmyeon down. “What is it now?” you tried to back your face away.

 

Jimin grabs your chin and the black bean paste from the corner of your mouth, earning a startled reaction from you.

 

“Can’t waste food” he smirks and sits back down.

 

“Yah! Not at the table!” Namjoon smacked Jimin’s arm as the rest of the bangtan boys took turns shoving him around, yet everyone was laughing but you.

 

Seriously, your heart palpitations could kill you right now.

 

--

 

A/N: I’m worried that this is getting a little repetitive and boring, but I still have so many ideas coming up TT_TT I’m sorry, hang in there my readers! I really appreciate all of you for reading <3