chapter four

Summer

The night was dark and quiet, yet you tossed and turned, struggling to fall asleep. Nothing but thoughts of Jimin flooded into your stream of unconsciousness.

--

Another morning rose as you laid half-asleep on the top bunk. Subconsciously, you try to flip onto your side but feel that an unknown force is preventing you from doing so. Maybe you were so tired from last night that your muscles decided not to cooperate. Puzzled, you furrow your brows with your eyes still closed and attempt once more; yet, the weight on top of you felt heavier this time. 

 

You finally decide to squint your eyes open, finding a wild Jimin leaning over you and staring at you curiously.

 

Your eyes shot open. “Jim-” you squeaked before he pressed a finger against your lips and pursed his, indicating you to stay quiet. He crawled off of you and nodded his head to the side, motioning you to follow him out of the cabin.

 

How’d he even get inside?

 

Still confused, you groggily climbed out of bed and tip-toed towards the exit, making sure not to awaken your roommates.

 

You stumble over your own footsteps and wobble over to Jimin.

 

“What the heck is this about, Jimin? What time is it anyway?” you yawn and rub your eyes, still in your pajamas.

 

“Did you go to bed last night like I told you to, or were you too busy thinking about me?” He teased. 

 

“Shut up” you groan.

 

“It’s nine in the morning, you should’ve been awake an hour ago” he grabbed you by the wrist, dragging you into the bangtan cabin where some of the occupants have already left for breakfast. 

 

He plopped you onto the floor next to a suitcase as he sat on his bed and stared at you. The confused expression you had earlier remained as you looked back and forth between Jimin and the suitcase.

 

“Unpack my suitcase” he commanded.

 

The sudden demand woke you up a bit. “What? Why? You have two arms, you can do it yourself!” you objected.

 

“I mean I can. but you’re my pet now, remember? You have to do everything I say”

 

Your mouth was agape. “Was this the ‘THING’ you said you had for me last night!?”

 

“Yup~” he cooed. “What’d you think it was gonna be?”

 

“I don’t know. Not THIS” you crossed your arms.

 

“Aigoo, you’re so cute when you don’t get your way” he patted your head like a dog. He switched positions and laid on his stomach, resting his chin on his hand. “Maybe if you’re a good girl, I could promote you to being my girlfriend.”

 

You couldn’t feel any less appalled yet flattered, or discouraged yet hopeful by his remark.

 

You saw one of his roommates approach you two. The boy gave you a small smile before giving Jimin a good knock in the head.

 

“Agh, hyung that hurt!” Jimin winced as he grabbed the side of his head in pain.

 

“That’s not how you should treat a girl” he lectured. He turned to you and cooly introduced himself. “My name is Namjoon.”

 

“Hi, I’m (Y/n)” you giggled a little because you enjoyed seeing Jimin suffer his elder’s discipline.

 

“If he’s ever bothering you, just let me know.”

 

What if he bothers me all the time, you thought to yourself.

 

“Got it” 

 

Namjoon looked back at Jimin who was still acting like a baby. “Quit whining. Let’s get breakfast” he said as he lead the way.

 

Jimin’s face lit up. “Oh food!” he ran halfway to the door before turning around. “Did you want anything?”

 

You were surprised he even had the courtesy to ask. “Umm, waffles and orange juice please”

 

He nodded and left as he high-fived another young-looking boy that walked in, probably coming back from breakfast. He noticed you immediately and crouched down to your level.

 

“You must be (Y/n). I’m Jungkook” he smiled.

 

“Yup, that’s me” you couldn’t believe how cute he was.

 

“Sorry about your cabin. It was Jiminie hyung’s idea” he pouted.

 

“No, it’s okay” you waved your hands in front of you. “I forgive you guys. But except for...Jiminie” you snickered at the sound of yourself saying his nickname.

 

“I can help you get back at him” the initial innocent look on his face suddenly turned into a conniving one.

 

His offer sparked your interest. “I’m listening”

 

After a couple minutes of exchanging ideas, you guys had finally come to a decision.

 

“THAT’S PERFECT!” Jungkook clapped as he bursted into laughter.

 

“YAH! keep it down or I will f*king end you” a head popped up from one of the beds.

 

The unexpected shout caused you two to jump.

 

“Sorry” Jungkook whispered. “That’s Yoongi hyung. He doesn’t like to be bothered when he’s sleeping.”

 

You were a little frightened yourself. “Understood” you said with wide eyes.

 

If anyone was scarier than Jimin, it would be Yoongi.

 

“Alright (Y/n), I’ll meet you later at the campgrounds, okay?”

 

You gave an ‘OK’ sign and watched your source of entertainment leave.

 

You puffed your cheeks and blew a strand of hair out of your face. I guess you have no other choice but to unpack Jimin’s bags. You carefully pulled out his shirts and pants, folding and organizing them into different drawers. It was then you began to question why you were doing this in the first place. You hesitantly looked over at the bed where the boy laid, checking to see if he was awake or not.

 

“Yoongi-ah?” You softly called.

 

“Nae?”

 

“Oh” you weren’t expecting a response. “You’re awake?”

 

“Yeah, I can’t go back to sleep now because of you two” he sat up and stared at you.

 

“Sorry” you mumbled and went back to putting away Jimin’s clothes, trying to avoid eye contact.

 

“What’d you want? You called my name for a reason.”

 

You cleared your throat before speaking, still avoiding his eyes. “When I first ran into Jimin, he said that I made him drop something that was important to him. And because of that, now I have to repay him by becoming his pet or whatever. But...what was it that he dropped?”

 

You heard him sigh, causing you to look at him. Yoongi shifted and propped his legs onto the bed ledge. “It was his mother’s ring”

 

“Why does he have it? Why is it so important?” your curiosity was taking over.

 

“That’s all I can say. Otherwise, you should ask him yourself if you really wanna know”

 

Tch. How unhelpful. You stayed silent.

 

He spoke again. “Look, I know he’s being a pain in the right now but you should give him a chance before you completely think badly of him.” 

 

Yoongi really seems to care for Jimin; protecting his secrets and his image and all.

 

You didn’t know if you could agree or not though, because you believed first impressions were important too.

 

“I see...well, thank you for letting me know”

 

“No problem” he grinned as he put some shoes on and left.

 

You were a little disappointed that your questions didn’t get answered but nonetheless you moved on and finished unpacking the rest of Jimin’s clothes. Eventually, you came across his underwear and awkwardly stared, not wanting to touch them. They were surprisingly cute though; he had patterns of dinosaurs, pizzas, hearts, etc. You placed them in the drawers one by one with only two fingers, avoiding as much skin contact as possible.

 

You clapped your hands together as a job well done for finishing, until you noticed a small note at the bottom of the suitcase. You opened it up.

 

“Meet me by the lake tonight at 9pm”

- Jimin

 

Was this the actual ‘thing’ he had for me?

--

A/N: Sorry for the boring update TT_TT but we finished meeting all the boys, woo! I swear the next chapter will be more fun. Thanks for reading <3