chapter five

Summer

The sound of a door flinging open caused you to fumble with the note in your hands and hide it behind your back. Your face lit up at the sight of Jimin carrying your tray of breakfast. The aroma of warm waffles and sweet syrup pleased your senses.

 

“Wahh~ You actually did a good job (Y/n)” Jimin admired your job-well-done and scanned the rest of his luggage to ensure you didn’t miss anything. He paused for a second and grinned, probably acknowledging you received his note.

 

“Of course I did. Give me my breakfast” you stood and tried to grab the tray from him.

 

“Ah-ah, what do you say?” he held the tray back, preventing me from reaching it.

 

Your eyes rolled to the back of your head. “Please?”

 

--

After scarfing down your well-deserved breakfast, you returned to your cabin and wore something comfortable, preparing yourself for today’s upcoming activities. The second day of Summer Camp is when the real fun begins: awkward introductions, countless games, and outdoor shenanigans.

--

 

A trumpet melody echoed through the speakers, directing all cabin attendants to assemble at their designated sections. The camp was numerically divided; meaning cabins 1-5, 6-10, and so forth had their own areas to do activities with each other.

 

Attendants of cabins 20-25 gathered around their camp advisor, eagerly waiting for instruction. You stood beside Nayeon as you glanced over at the bangtan boys and more new faces.

 

“Good morning everyone! I am your camp advisor Ms. Chung” she smiled energetically.

 

Everyone bowed in unison to greet her.

 

The first activity was a rhythm, ice-breaker game where everyone sits in a circle and comes up with gestures to correspond with their choice of nickname. Round one started off with everyone following the beat: pat their lap, clap their hands, and say their name. You paid close attention, anticipating what the bangtan boys would say. If it wasn’t already obvious, they peaked your interest a lot.

 

*pat* *clap*

“Worldwide-Handsome” Jin blew a kiss.

He really is handsome

 

*pat* *clap*

“Rap-Monster” Namjoon made a checkmark under his chin.

Wow, so cool

 

*pat* *clap*

“Su-ga” Yoongi poked his cheek.

Wait, that was kinda cute

 

*pat* *clap*

“Ho-bi” Hoseok made a big heart with his arms.

That was even cuter

 

*pat* *clap*

“Tae-Tae” Taehyung held peace signs to his eyes.

Excuse me??

 

*pat* *clap*

“Koo-kie” Jungkook made squishing motions with his hands.

I think I just died a little

 

*pat* *clap*

“Chim-Chim” Jimin cupped his cheeks.

Just kidding, I’m dead

 

*pat* *clap*

“Yeo-nie” Nayeon made finger hearts.

Oh crap, I’m next.

 

*pat* *clap*

“(Y/n)” you balled your hands into fists at the sides of your cheeks.

cringeeeee

 

Everyone cheered and clapped after finishing the first round. However, round two is when each person calls out someone else’s name by copying their gesture, whilst maintaining the rhythm. The level continued smoothly as people gradually memorized each other other’s nicknames. You glanced at everyone’s faces and noticed that Jimin was making eye contact with you.

 

*pat* *clap*

“Chim-Chim” Jin cupped his cheeks.

 

*pat* *clap*

“(Y/n)” Jimin smiled and held fists against his cheeks.

 

*pat* *clap*

“. . .” you were too busy blushing to realize it was your turn and the rhythm had faded out.

 

You felt Nayeon nudge your shoulder and heard people start whining for messing up the game. “Sorry” you sheepishly bit your lip and hid your face.

 

Ms. Chung hushed everyone, “Now, now. There’s no need for that. I was just about to let you guys off for a water break. You have five minutes!”

 

Bodies dispersed and you felt a presence approaching you.

 

“Why’d you mess up the game?” Jimin called you out.

 

“I-I got distracted by a squirrel” you stood up and avoided eye contact by dusting off your shorts.

 

He held your chin to make you look at him. “You’re such a bad liar” he smirked.

 

“Am not” you pushed his hand away.

 

“Sure, now go fetch me some water”

 

You rolled your eyes and dragged your feet to where the water bottles were. But you didn’t completely mind because at least now he wouldn’t see your flushed face.

 

“Here” you tossed him the bottle. You watched him gulp some water and hold out the bottle towards you after finishing. Who would’ve thought drinking water could look so attractive.

 

“Drink some”

 

You shook your head at the idea that drinking out of the same bottle would mean an indirect kiss. A childish idea you had.

 

“You have to stay hydrated” he persisted, making you feel like he really cared.

“And you can’t disobey me” nevermind, you take that back.

 

You shyly drank from the water bottle and thanked him, but before you could put the cap back on Jimin quickly squeezes the bottle, making water splash in your face.

 

“YAAHH! JIMIN YOU ARE SO DEAD” you wiped your face with your sleeve and chased after his laughing-. You two ended up running farther away from the designated section.

 

He held his stomach from laughing too hard. “Okay, okay. You got me”

 

You glared at him and rolled up your sleeves, preparing to punch him until he dodged you at the last second. “Just kidding” he stuck his tongue out.

 

“You miss me, you kiss me” he teased as he ran around you. Who does this kid think he is?

 

He was a fast runner. But not as fast as you.

 

Finally, you cornered him and tackled him from behind. He stumbled onto his stomach from impact. “GOTCHA” you immediately sat your on his back and huffed in triumph.

 

“Ugh, that hurt” Jimin groaned from underneath you.

 

“Well that’s what you get” you glared daggers into the back of his head.

 

“Yah, you’re heavy. Get off” Jimin pushed against the ground as leverage but you wouldn’t budge.

 

“Ah-ah, what do you say?” you cleverly mocked him from earlier this morning.

 

You could already feel Jimin’s you’ve-got-to-be-kidding-me expression. “Please?”

 

You swiftly got up and crossed your arms, watching him dust dirt off himself. “That wasn’t too hard to say, was it?” you said with a smug face until you saw Jimin’s expression turn cold. Your face dropped.

 

He got deadly close to you, so close you could feel his breath against your skin. You tried to keep your composure.

 

“Do that again and I’ll punish you. Got it?” his voice made your blood turn cold.

 

You averted your eyes and nodded slowly. This side of Jimin definitely wasn’t something you were used to.

 

Before you knew it, he pinched your , making you gasp. You stood there in shock.

 

“Nice , by the way” he winked, magically returning to his normal state, and ran off.

 

You blinked as your entire body suddenly became hot.

 

How can someone make you feel so cold yet so hot at the same time??

 

--

 

A/N: This chapter became a little more filler than I thought, but I hope you enjoyed getting to play around with Jimin! More fun chapters await! and as always, thank you for reading <3