chapter eleven

Summer

At the sound of the whistle, Jimin’s grasp never left your body as he helped you exit the waters. With a small wave and a smile, he moved on to his next station. And from that point, the words that never left Jimin’s lips remained a mystery and lingered in the back of your mind.

 

As the swimming activities concluded for the day, your eyes scrambled around the pools in search of Jimin. He was with the rest of bangtan, casually conversing and looking a little brighter than usual. Eventually catching a glimpse of you, he waved you over.

 

You made a small jog to meet with the huddled group of boys. Their eyes lit up at the sight of you. Unaware of their reaction, you excitedly greeted them because you actually kinda missed their shenanigans.

 

“Oh it’s (Y/n)!” Hobi smiled and ruffled your hair. “We feel like we haven’t seen you in forever!”

 

“I wonder why” Yoongi eyed Jimin.

 

Avoiding his hyung’s glare, Jimin cleared his throat. “Wanna sit with us at dinner?”

 

“Sure, why not” you nodded.

 

It's been a while since you’ve spent time with the bangtan boys, considering you’ve ignored Jimin this past week and you two barely made up today; so dinner might be more interesting than usual.

 

--

 

You grabbed a tray of hot-stone bibimbap and sat across from Jimin - who had a tray of bibim-guksu, another cold-noodle dish. You could sense him staring at your food as you protectively pulled it closer to yourself.

 

“Can we switch?” he asked, leaning over the table in attempt to steal your food.

 

THIS BOY HAD THE AUDACITY

 

“No, this is my food” you moved your tray off the table, keeping it away from him. It's as if nothing has changed and you guys were back to bickering as normal.

 

“Come onnn” he whined.

 

“You can’t make me. I’m not your pet anymore, remember?” your expression turned smug as you watched him sink back into his seat.

Proud of protecting your food, you awarded yourself with a big bite and smiled in satisfaction. It tasted even better knowing you were able to win against Jimin.

 

“Mmm, it tastes so yummy” you hummed.

 

Jimin glared at you. “Stop rubbing it in”

 

“If you want some, then go get it yourself” you pointed over your shoulder towards the line that was growing longer by the second.

 

He slumped his shoulders and reluctantly left his seat to go wait in the long line. You grinned and mockingly waved at his misery. You were being so evil, but it felt so good.

 

Just then, Hobi and Yoongi arrived with their trays and sat on each side of you.

 

“How’s our (Y/n) doing?” Hobi gazed at you and rested his chin on his palm. For some reason, the bangtan boys had a tendency to call you ‘theirs’ and you weren’t sure why but you kinda liked it.

 

“Since you’re here, I guess that means you’ve patched things up with Jimin?” Yoongi lifted an eyebrow, shoving a kimbap into his mouth.

 

“Yeah, that sounds about right” you shyly nodded at his question. “Sorry for ignoring you guys though” you gave an apologetic smile.

 

Hobi, being the ray of sunshine he is, forgave you instantly. “No need to be sorry, we just missed you!”

 

“I missed you guys too” you giggled at his cuteness. “I wouldn’t have ignored you guys if Jimin wasn’t being such a meanie”

 

“Jiminnie being mean? How so?” Hobi stuffed his face with jajangmyeon.

 

You scanned your surroundings, making sure Jimin wasn’t around to hear you. Luckily, he was still standing in line, looking humorously grumpy.

 

“Well… he was always ordering me around, calling me names, and teasing me for no good reason” you pouted and took another bite of your food.

 

Hobi and Yoongi exchanged looks for a moment and grinned in realization. Why do you feel like you’ve seen that eye-exchange before? It was similar to that of Jin and Namjoon’s during the hike.

 

Yoongi chuckled and shook his head. “You’re so oblivious, (Y/n)”

 

You furrowed your eyebrows and looked back and forth between the two. “No, I’m not! What do you mean I’m oblivious?”

 

They laughed at your even-more oblivious statement and sympathized for your lack of awareness to something so obvious. You remained lost and slightly frustrated; the curiosity was killing you at this point.

 

“TELL ME” you eagerly stared at both of them.

 

Yoongi leaned in and finally spoke. “Don’t you know that when a guy is a jerk to you, it means he likes you?”

 

“BWOH!?” your eyes widened. “You’re crazy, there’s no way” you shook your head and started scarfing food down your throat in hopes of tuning out the information, but clearly that didn’t work.

 

“(Y/n), slow down” Hobi patted your back.

 

You chugged a cup of water and let out a deep breath before slamming your cup down.

 

“How could he like me? How could an Ice Prince like Jimin go from being mean to nice in the span of a week or so?” you questioned doubtfully as you wiped the remaining water from your upper lip.

 

“If Jimin’s the Ice Prince, then you’re the Fire Princess that’s melting his heart” Hobi teased and nudged your elbow, taking pride in his metaphor.

 

“Please never say that again” you scrunched up your face, receiving laughter from the two.

 

Momentarily, Jimin arrived at the table and plopped into his seat; causing everyone to nonchalantly go back to eating in attempt to cover up the conversation.

 

You lifted your spoon to your lips preparing to take a bite, but before you could do so, Jimin’s hand grabs onto your wrist and shoves the spoon into his own mouth.

 

You looked at him in disbelief. “Yah! What happened to your food?”

 

“They ran out of bibimbap already” he shrugged in an oh-well manner.

 

“So that means you can take mine?”

 

“It tastes better when it comes from you” he smirked.

Your cheeks turned a light shade of pink as Hobi and Yoongi snickered at you getting caught off guard by his reply.

 

“You can finish it” you shoved your tray towards Jimin, before excusing yourself to your cabin. You wish you had a pillow to scream into right now.

 

You don’t why the little things he says and does always gets you reacting some type of way. Maybe you do like him and you don’t want to admit it. But what makes it worse is the fact that Hobi and Yoongi speculate these hidden feelings that you just don’t think you’re ready to hear yet; and maybe you don’t want to find out because you don’t want to be hurt again.

 

Maybe you feel like there’s still more for him to know about you, and for you to know about him.

 

Jimin immediately went after you and you could feel his presence catching up from behind. You your heels and stared at him. He was panting lightly.

 

“Why are you following-”

 

“Meet me by the lake in an hour”

 

--

 

A/N: Boring update, I know, I’m sorry TT_TT but happy belated hobi-day!!