chapter two

Summer

Suddenly, everything felt cold. It's only the beginning and the Summer you’ve been waiting for has already turned into a blizzard. You couldn’t let him ruin your Summer, you just couldn’t.

 

Baffled by his request, you push him away with a little force. “No way” you were upset now.

 

Jimin just as surprised by your reaction stops and thinks for a while as he sticks his tongue to the side of his inner cheek. This girl is a fiery one, that’s for sure. But Jimin loves a challenge.

 

“I’ll give you one last chance. One, you can repay me by becoming my camp pet-”

 

“Pet!?” you yell with remorse as the original offered position of becoming his girlfriend has been demoted to that of mere scum.

 

He continues. “Or two, you can prepare for war.”

 

“You know what” you take a step forward, “let the battle begin” you sneer at him before taking Nayeon’s arm and storming off to find your guys’ cabin, leaving a very astonished Jimin behind.

 

--

 

There isn’t much to do on the first day of summer camp. People normally use this as a day to settle in, explore campgrounds, and say hello to cabin neighbors. You, on the other hand, like to sneak out and go on late night adventures in the woods. Luckily, it was already sundown. 

 

Once you finished unpacking your bags, you plopped onto the top bunk of your bed and blankly stared at the ceiling, replaying all the events that have happened today so far. You had no idea what Jimin really meant by ‘cabin wars’ and this frustrated you, so you went for a walk to get your mind off of it, at least for the time being. Your five other roommates along with Nayeon went to get dinner, but you didn’t have an appetite so you didn’t join them.

 

You glance over at the cabin across from yours. To your interest, you saw Jimin and six other guys laughing and goofing around through the window. It almost amazes you that a person like Jimin is capable of looking so warm-hearted, but you shook the thought away before you completely convinced yourself.

 

Your curiosity lured you in, once again. You crouched down and listened to their conversation through the window. All voices were overlapping and indistinguishable.

 

“What if we hides snakes in their cabin?”

 

“Hmm, no it seems too risky.”


“I think it’d be hilarious!”

 

“What about mice? Those are harmless.”

 

“Maybe we can egg their cabin. I think it’d be an egg-celent idea.”

 

“You guys are idiots.”

 

“Everyone shut up! We have to make a decision.”

 

You knew this wasn’t good. You started to freak out and immediately went searching for your roommates to warn them about their plan.

 

--

 

“C’mon guys, we have to hurry!” you yelled as your roommates tried to catch up with you. You were all running and panting, trying to get to your cabin before the guys could have a chance to sabotage it.

 

Upon arrival, you all noticed that the exterior seemed normal and untouched. Yet still weary, the group of girls cautiously entered the cabin. It was dark.

 

“Wait, nobody move!” Nayeon exclaimed before switching the light on.

 

An array of traps and strings were revealed. Some girls began to scramble.

 

“Okay, we have to be careful and step ov-” before you could finish your sentence, one of your roommates had accidentally triggered a trap due to panic. Oh no.

 

You all looked up to find that a huge bucket had spilled maple syrup above your heads with another bucket of feathers following afterwards. Sounds of shrieks, whining, and people falling over filled the room. You stood in shock as you watched chaos unfold. Nayeon gave you a sympathetic look because she knew it wasn’t your fault.

 

This was the last straw.

 

You marched on over to cabin 25 and banged on the door. You were sticky, covered in feathers, and fed up. The door opened, revealing a huddle of laughing boys. Your eyes landed on Jimin, causing him to stop laughing.

 

With all your force, you tackled him to the ground with your legs straddling his hips.

 

He blinked at you, dumbfounded.


“Jimin…” your fists clenched near the sides of his face. “You can mess with my Summer and you can mess with me, but do not mess with my friends” you warned.

 

He felt a small guilt in this moment, but couldn’t help but find you cute for your willingness to fight over a harmless prank.

 

Jimin sat up with you still on his lap and his face now close to yours. You bit your lip, trying to keep your composure.

 

“Araso, I’ll stop messing with your friends.”

 

You smiled in relief.

 

“But this means, you’re mine for the rest of summer” he said as he some maple syrup off your nose and smirked, causing you to blush and scramble off of him.

 

“Y-yah, don’t think you’re gonna get away with this!” you flustered before running back to your cabin to check on the girls.

 

Everyone’s eyes slowly turned to Jimin. “What?” He shrugged.

 

“She’s a fiery one” Taehyung commented.

 

“I know” Jimin smirked.

 

--

A/N: waaah, sorry this chapter seems a little uneventful, but I promise things will start picking up and we’ll start to see more moments with Jimin and the other bangtan boys as well! <3