chapter one

Summer

The sound of birds chirping filled your ears, and the warmth of the sun peaking through your curtain brushed your skin. You slowly stretched out your body, letting out a relieving yawn. A peaceful morning it was. At least until you heard your mother’s voice call you from downstairs.

 

“(Y/n)! Are you awake yet?” your mother yelled.

 

Although you were awake and heard her loud and clear, you stayed silent wanting to maintain the peace that this morning had offered you.

 

“(Y/n)!!!” your mother screamed even louder.

 

Your eyes still closed. “WHAT?” you groaned as you yelled from your room.

 

“It’s the first day of Summer Camp and you don’t want to be late, do you?”

 

Your eyes shot open at this realization, causing you to hurl yourself out of bed. Summer Camp!? How could you forget? It was the time of year that you looked forward to the most. No parents, no curfew, no drama...or so you believed.

 

Faster than light, you had finished packing your bags, got ready, and ran outside where your mom was waiting in the car for you.

 

--

 

“Don’t forget to call me or text me if anything happens, okay?”

 

“Yes mom, I know” you smile and assure her before hopping out the car with your bags. You started to get giddy from the excitement building inside you. You just wanted to run and scream and have the time of your life already.

 

“I mean it! Alright sweetie, have fun! I love you!”

 

“Love you too!” you yelled as you watched your mom drive off.


In front of you, you scanned the various cabins, the tall trees, the vast lake, and the faces of possible new friends passing by. You inhaled and let out a huge sigh of content. This Summer is going to be an unforgettable one, you thought to yourself.

 

You gripped onto your backpack and ran straight for the auditorium where room assignments and other important notes were being announced. Running a little too quickly, you accidentally bump into an unfamiliar figure. You thought you saw something fall, but you weren’t too sure so you decided to ignore it.

 

“Oops, I-I’m sorry!” you bow, slowly looking up to see a charming face. His eyes, nose, lips.
He looks so…

 

“Watch where you’re going, you klutz” the unnamed boy said as he walked past you, nudging your shoulder in the process.

 

RUDE

 

He was right though, you were kind of a klutz. You shake yourself out of your trance and scoff in disbelief. What kind of-

 

“(Y/n)!” a feminine voice called out.

 

You suddenly felt a hug attack you from behind. Turning around, you pleasantly find out that the hug was from your best friend you made last summer.

 

“Nayeon!” you exclaimed happily, embracing her in return. “I’m so happy to see you! You’re not gonna believe what just happened-”

 

“Oh honey, I saw” she gave a cute little pout while linking her arm with yours. You both continued to walk and talk towards the auditorium, your original destination before the rude encounter happened.

 

“That boy’s name is Jimin. You do not wanna go near him” Nayeon warned.

 

“But why? I’ve been to Summer Camp for three years and this is my first time seeing him ever” you pondered.

 

“Let’s just say, he’s kind of like the Ice Prince of Summer Camp. And you’ve probably never seen him before because the cabins we were assigned were luckily far from each other. Hopefully that’s the case again this year.”

 

“Yeah, hopefully…” you said. Although a small part of you was curious now as to what it would be like being next door cabin-neighbors with an Ice Prince.

 

--


You pushed against the crowd that huddled against the wall; everyone anticipating their new home for the Summer. A mix of cheers and groans flooded the auditorium as people seemed either happy or dissatisfied with the results. Your eyes anxiously scrolled down the list of cabin numbers and cabin roommates. A smile grew on your face once you realized Nayeon was gonna be your bunk buddy again. You bit your lip and nodded to Nayeon as affirmation, causing you both to squeal and joyfully jump up & down.

 

“Wait, what’s our cabin number?” Nayeon asked.

 

You checked the list once more. “Umm...Cabin 24” you looked back at Nayeon.

 

“Well if it isn’t little miss clumsy” you abruptly turn, only to find out that this now-familiar voice belonged to none other than the Ice Prince, Jimin.You managed to collect yourself a bit from the mild shock. 

 

“Y-yah, who’re you calling clumsy? I have a name, you know” you snapped in an annoyed tone.

 

“(Y/n), don’t-” Nayeon tried to save you from the situation but it was too late.

 

Jimin glanced at Nayeon then back at you and took a step forward closing the space between you two, making your heart pound nervously. 

 

“(Y/n)?” he cocked an eyebrow. The sound of his voice saying your name sent chills down your spine.He looked straight into your eyes and his tone was serious.

 

He continued. “You caused me to drop something that was very important to me and now I can’t find it. So you’re gonna have to repay me.”

 

You scoffed with your arms folded. “And what makes you think I’d do that?”

 

“I mean, we are cabin-neighbors after all. Cabin 25, the one right across from yours.”

 

Your eyes widened. Curiosity really does kill the cat.

 

“You wouldn’t want a cabin-war to break loose, would you?” he tilted his head.

 

You closed your eyes and let out an exasperated sigh. “Fine, how much do you want?”

 

Jimin chuckled to your surprise and replied “I don’t mean money, (Y/n)”

 

He smirked and leaned into your ear “You’re going to be my summer camp girlfriend.”