Zoo || 006

Zoo

"Finally it's my birthday!" Seulgi yelled as she pounced on Irene.

 

Irene had slept over, considering today was the D-day and as an awesome bestie, she is going to help out with the preparations.

 

"Girl you ready to party?"

 

How does Seulgi even get this hyped at such a timing in the morning? Irene sometimes wonder if this friend of hers runs on everlasting battery. No matter when and where, she is always high about every single thing.

 

Irene continued sleeping, infuriating Seulgi. The bear pulled off the blanket in annoyance.

 

"Yo, you ready to see yo gurl?" The brunette tried to imitate the Americans, speaking in English, but had failed miserably.

 

At this point, Irene wasn't even amused at all. It's Seulgi, what's there to be shocked about?

 

"First, chill your . Second, it's not even 10 and it's 9 hours away from the start of the party." Irene stated as she walked towards the bathroom. "And lastly, it's a goddamn masquerade party. How can I even see her?"

 

Slamming the door shut before the bear could retort back Irene proceeded to start her morning fresh by washing up. She could still hear Seulgi muttering something about her being a party pooper and is blacklisted, behind the door.

 

"Sseul? Could you just give me a moment of peace while I wash up?" Irene shouted at the door.

 

"Poor door." Was all that could be heard before Irene was met with silence.

 

Throwing on her new oversized white tee and a short shorts, Irene headed out to the main room to help Mrs Kang.

 

“Oh goodness, I hadn’t known you, I would’ve thought you didn’t have any bottom on.” The elder remarked jokingly. 

 

Irene chuckled. She loved Mrs Kang a lot and treated her like her own mother. Likewise, Mrs Kang took her as her own daughter as well. 

 

Irene had not seen her parents since she was 18. No they were not dead. They were just over caring -Irene would claim otherwise- and the teacher decided to live independently.

 

Getting a job with her own capabilities. Purchasing an apartment with her own pay. Managing her finance so she was able to last another ten years ahead.

 

The only thing she wasn’t able to be independent about was her love life.

 

Not until Wendy came into the picture.

 

But there wasn’t exactly a relationship in a romantic manner.

 

“Well, Joohyun.” Irene knew that something important was about to come. The elder only uses her real name at times like this.

 

“Yes Omma?”

 

“I’ve heard you found someone you like. Don’t worry, I just want to say, remember to think about and love yourself as well. I don’t wish for you to get hurt.”

 

“I know, I’ll take care.”

 

“And if you need anyone to talk to for useful advices, feel free to talk to me.” Irene giggled at the mother’s playfulness.

 

“Hey! My advices are top class alright! I would’ve charged her if she wasn’t my best friend!” Seulgi shouted from the master bedroom.

 

“Yes thank you Omma.” Seulgi rolled her eyes when her bestie chose her mom over her. 

 

“Wait Kang! What are you doing in my room?!” Mrs Kang yelled as she removed her right indoor slippers.

 

"Umm, searching for my present...?” Seulgi mumbled sheepishly.

 

Irene watched in horror as Mrs Kang burst into the room and held up her footwear, approaching the brunette. Seulgi grabbed a pillow in defense as the slipper came down, aiming for her .

 

“Oh my god Omma please stop!” Irene half gasped half laughed. 

 

The would scene was just hilarious. Imagine an old lady dominating a brave young soul. Seulgi had never been one who shrink in fear but yet today, on her birthday, Irene is witnessing it.

 

“Don’t you ever enter my room again!” Mrs Kang scolded in annoyance. “Now go prepare your party without my help.”

 

“God please no! I’m sorry! Please help me!” Seulgi pleaded and received a glare from Irene. “I mean, oh great queen, please help the worthless me and the humble Irene.”

 

Irene was so glad she decided to help out. A free comedy show was always rewarding for the teacher.

 

The main room of the Kang’s house was cleared out other than the long- temporary plastic table that stood at the side of the room.

 

Irene was mindblown at the spaciousness of the room. She never thought that the ever-so-cozy room could be transformed into a somewhat ballroom. The main room of the property was almost as big as that of a mansion.

 

“Well, It’s 6:30pm now. All that’s left is the food.” Mrs Kang said. “Well let’s take turns to shower in case the buffet company comes.”

 

Irene occupied the bathroom in Seulgi’s room while Mrs Kang used her private one in her own room. There’s a common toilet that Seulgi could use but as Mrs Kang said, there had to be one person on stand-by.

 

Irene change into the stunning black apparel after a quick thorough shower. She took her place in front of the mirror and applied light makeup. She had been told that she didn’t need it but she had to play safe.

 

Wendy was attending this party as well.

 

Coming out of the shower, aromatic waves flowed into her nose and Irene begun to feel hungry. She hadn’t had lunch yet.

 

Rushing down, she grabbed a plate and some utensils before heading towards the food heaven.

 

"Kang Seulgi I'm warning you, you better not touch this and get your in the bathroom!" Mrs Kang reprimanded the bear who was reaching out for a chicken wing.

 

"Oh Irene, you’re here. Come have some food."

 

"Seriously? She gets to eat yet your own daughter have to starve?" Seulgi stared at the elder.

 

"Hello? Are you hearing yourself? Irene didn’t get to eat lunch because she was busy with your party’s preparation!" Mrs Kang pulled her daughter by her ear and dragged her up the stairs. "Help yourself Irene."

 

Irene could only chuckle to herself while praying for the safety of her bestie. The daily comedy drama never fails to amuse her.

 

Filling her plate with mountains of her favorite food, the doorbell unexpectedly rang.

 

Not wanting the guest or guests to wait, Irene dashed over and opened the door.

 

"Hi Irene."

 

It was Wendy.

 

She was absolutely stunning. Irene stood awestruck. She had on a navy blue tight strapless dress which stopped mid-thigh. Her golden blonde tresses was slightly curled in a messy -but hot- manner. 

 

And lastly, her mask was a matching shade of blue. It didn’t cover her upper face but instead, the right half of her face.

 

Irene would never forget those golden brown orbs that she always lose her way in.

 

"Irene? Am I going to stand here for the rest of the day?" Wendy eyed her pile of food. "Or are you too hungry to function?"

 

Yeri and Joy snickered at the back. 

 

"Dude she’s just mindblown at your beauty!" Joy commented.

 

Irene snapped out of her daydream and glared at Joy.

 

"Sorry, please do come in, Wendy." Irene stepped aside. "Come another day satans."

 

The duo could only laugh at her childishness and forced their way in.

 

Being the fools they were, they headed straight for the food.

 

"Where’s the birthday girl?" Wendy shook her head at the comedy duo.

 

"Shower." Irene barely managed out. 

 

"Hey, you okay?" Wendy reached for Irene’s forehead. "You’re red. And where’s your mask?"

 

"I-I’m fine. Let me go get it." Irene didn’t wait for a response before dashing upstairs to put on her red mask.

 

Soon more and more guests arrived. Seulgi was soon bombarded with birthday wishes, and of course presents.

 

Irene never knew Seulgi had these much friends. Some might be relatives but still it was an overwhelming number.

 

"In case you’re wondering, I told my guest to invite their own guests, so I might not even know some of the people here." Seulgi leaned over and whispered in Irene’s ear.

 

At this point in time, most of them were drunk and dancing to the loud music. It was kind of like a club, but a high class one, I guess.

 

"Hi gorgeous, mind if I take this stunning lady for a dance?" A woman approached the duo and gestured towards Irene.

 

"Sure! She’s all yours." Seulgi smiled before whispering to Irene again. "Time to make Wendy jealous."

 

Before she could respond, she was pulled towards the center of the room.

 

"I’m Jae. Nice to meet you." The woman in purple introduced as she was dancing sofly with Irene.

 

She was pretty, Irene thought. Throught her blue mask, she could see her blue eyes. They were enchanting. But not as much as Wendy’s.

 

"Irene." 

 

"So, I’m guessing the girl earlier was Seulgi?"

 

"Yeah." Irene nodded as the other placed her hands on her shoulder. "Seeing as you don’t recognise the host, I’m guessing someone else invited you."

 

"Being smart aren’t we?"

 

"May I know who?"

 

"I don’t think you know her so there’s no point."

 

"Well you never know."

 

"My somewhat girlfriend."

 

"Somewhat?" Jae shrugged. "Could you tell me who so I can tell her you’ve just hit on me?"

 

Irene was clearly showing her disinterested in this mysterious woman but she wasn’t budging.

 

"Sure." She laughed. "I hope you don’t know a Wendy."

 

"Wendy?"

 

"Yes, Wendy Son."

 

"As in, Son Seungwan?"

 

"Yes Seungwan. Oh gosh you do know her!"

 

Irene could not believe her ears.

 

Wendy was taken.

 

Irene’s one and only was already in a relationship.

 

She felt so betrayed. Why had the blonde led her on?

 

How dare you Seungwan!

 


 

Hey there! Woah don’t murder me! I swear this hurts my heart too, but what’s a fanfiction without a little drama? Well not a little but still... So what are you’re thoughts on this? I’ll accept death threats in the comments section as well so do pen down your opinions :) (hopefully I can survive)