Zoo || 011

Zoo

 

Irene had never been so nervous in her life.

 

It was finally the day of judgement. And she only had one shot for this. She can’t mess it up.

 

She was defending an innocent employee who was maligned by her company of doing fake accounting and taking their money.

 

"Miss Yoo, I need you to stay calm and tell the truth in court. No matter how it infuriates you, don't act up. Just be calm. Any wrong move will definitely work against you." Nayeon told the client upon Irene's instuctions.


Irene had just done a few cases, but she was well known. She had managed to win against some of the popular lawyers and made a name for herself. Irene was just totally gifted for this. And she was famous till the point there was a fan club for her. It wasn't clear if it was because of her kindness and intelligence, or because of her beauty.

 

"Are you ready?" The bunny toothed girl spoke again.

 

"...Yes." The woman in her twenties nodded.

 

"Let's go." The brunette led the way behind the huge door.

 

-

 

"That jerk!" Nayeon spat as soon as they got out of the room. "She knew how to get Miss Yoo riled up!"

 

"...S-Sorry..." The client sobbed. "It's a-all my fault. I-If only I had remained c-calm as you've told me to."

 

Irene didn't reply. She was just focused once again on the files, and the newly found evidence.

 

Jae had just appeared and sprouted these sheets of harmful papers in her face.

 

All of them had Miss Yoo's signature on them. Invoices, bills, and more. But the important part was that the sums did not tally. It all just worked against the poor employee.

 

"Don't worry." Irene muttered as she stepped into her car.

 

"W-What?" MIss Yoo could only manage a stutter.

 

"She meant it." Nayeon said with a wink before the white automobile drove off.

 

Irene lacked time. The next hearing was in two days, and if she didn't get any solid evidence, she's going to lose. She had no idea why she told Miss Yoo not to worry when she herself was feeling worried.

 

How was she going to find proof that worked against those evidence. It just didn't make sense. Why would someone who wanted to steal their company's money cover up at accounting bills so sloppily. It seemed like a plotted plan for Miss Yoo to fall into.

 

Irene just wanted to get a good rest back at home.

 

The door bell sounded as soon as Irene plopped down on her sofa.

 

?

 

Irene swore she was going to murder whoever who was at the door. All she wanted was just to rest in peace, but it is just impossible for her.

 

Irene swung open the main door with such force, it shocked the other.

 

"Hi? Pizza delivery?" 

 

Irene melted at the cute sight in front of her.

 

There stood the petite blonde, hair tied in two braids, and dressed like a delivery girl. A red and black polo shirt, neatly tucked into black work pants. It was a bonus that she had a pair of round glasses on.

 

Irene took back her earlier thoughts of murdering the guest.

 

"Unnie? Is there something on my face?" Wendy tilted her head cutely in confusion. "And can I come in?"

 

Irene blushed as she was caught staring at the other. She took a step backwards, in embarrassment, and allowed Wendy in.

 

Wendy dropped the box on the kitchen table and went back to Irene, who was locking her door.

 

"Unnie, I've missed you so much." Wendy exclaimed as she embraced Irene in a warm hug.

 

Irene didn't really know Wendy's feelings completely. It was vague and ambiguous. But it was good enough for Irene. Good enough for now.

 

She hadn't settled her own problems yet afterall.

 

"Wan-ah I missed you too."

 

"Irene?" Wendy's face scrunched up in concern as she sensed the tiredness in Irene's sentence.

 

"Yes?" Irene giggled as she pulled Wendy down with her onto the sofa.

 

"What's wrong?"

 

"What? Nothing's wrong. What do you mean?"

 

"Don't lie to me unnie." Wendy glared and pouted.

 

Irene had to resist from squishing those fluffy cheeks of hers and kissing the pout away.

 

Technically, Irene wasn't lying. All her problems dispersed as soon as Wendy showed up at her doorstep.

 

"Rennie, you look so thin and worn out. What's bothering you?"

 

Irene shook her head. She didn't want to remind Wendy of Jae.

 

"Remember when you said you were going to be there for me whenever I need you? Well, I can say the same. So just spill the beans." Wendy cooed.

 

Irene reluctantly faced Wendy.

 

"It's about Jae." Irene saw the panic on the younger's face. "No, I'm not getting married to her!"

 

"Then what?"

 

Irene laughed at the childish sentence.

 

The lawyer briefly summarised her day at work and the concerns that stuck on her mind for the whole day. Irene was very sure that the client was innocent, but yet Jae had evidences. Strange yet valid evidences.

 

"Wait. Irene I think I know a way out."

 

"What Wendy? Tell me now."

 

"Chill. But first, give me a kiss." The blonde asked cheekily.

 

"Now tell me." Irene whined in frustration after she gave the younger a quick peck.

 

"I've got some documents on Jae." Irene's eyes widened and sparkled. "Technically she passed it to me to keep for her."

 

Wendy gave a smug look and smirked.

 

"She seems smart but I don't know why she would hand this to me." Wendy laughed. "Time to counterattack, Bae."

 

"Let's get that ."

 

Irene got into the shower with an light heart and clear head, clearly excited for the upcoming court case.

 

When she got out, Wendy was already in her nightwear, lying on her huge bed.

 

"Bae, I'm going to cuddle you to sleep." Wendy mumbled into Irene's chest as she snuggled more into the older.

 

It was an unfamiliar yet familiar feeling for Irene. She never had anyone over other than Seulgi. And she definitely hadn't cuddled with anyone.

 

But Wendy felt familiar. The sweet vanilla and cinnamon smell. The comfortable warmth that Irene had always yearned for. 

 

"You forgot something."

 

"What, unnie?" Wendy asked adorably.

 

Irene resisted leaning in herself. Yet she just puckered her lips, hinting fo a kiss. Of all the times they kissed, Irene had always initiated it. Irene wanted Wendy to start it. She wanted Wendy to show her how much she felt for her.

 

"Oh child." The younger giggled as she aligned her face a few milimeters away from Irene.

 

Irene shivered as she felt the puffs of heat against her skin. Closing her eyes, Irene expected the warmth of Wendy's lips, but instead she was met with cool air.

 

She snapped open her eyes and saw Wendy clutching her stomach and laughing at her.

 

"You tease!" The zookeeper laughed and squirmed about as the other tickled her.

 

"O-Okay! I'm s-sorry! Stop! P-Please stop!"

 

"I only accept apologies in terms of kisses." Irene smirked. The competitive Irene was going to win and get what she wants.

 

Wendy gave up resisting against Irene. She couldn't handle the tickles anymore.

 

Sitting up, she pressed her lips against the plump ones of the other's.

 

Time stopped for the duo as they enjoyed the moment in silence. Each poured out whatever they had wanted to say and potray through the kiss. Ensuring each other of their feelings.

 

-

 

Irene woke up to the aroma of sweet pastries.

 

The lawyer entered the bathroom and washed up, before putting on a white hoodie along with denim shorts.

 

"Wow, what's that smell? Smoke?" The goddess joked as she walked down the stairs.

 

"I didn't burn anything!" Wendy whined and looked at the freshly baked bread.

 

As she turned her body to face Irene, her jaw dropped.

 

"Wan-ah, I see your jaw on the floor." Irene teased and flipped her hair.

 

"Excuse me? I was just shocked at the length of your shorts." Wendy complained. "No way I'm going to let monkeys look at your gorgeous thighs. You look like you don't have any bottom on."

 

Wendy suggested to take Irene out on a date, since they found a sure-win way to deal with the devil.

 

Irene could only chuckle at the adorable girl as she was dragged upstairs.

 

"This." Wendy threw a pair of black skinny jeans in Irene's face.

 

"What?" The younger asked when Irene just sat there looking at her. "Don't like it?"

 

"Well, you sure are eager to see me change."

 

Wendy's eyes enlarged when she understood what the other was saying. Without being told twice, she ran out of the room as fast as her short legs could take her.

 

"Don't be shy!" Irene called out while laughing.