Zoo || Epilogue

Zoo

 

"Irene! Don't do that, it'll spoil your make up! You don't want to be ugly on your wedding day!"

 

"Wendy would still be willing to marry me anyways." Irene gave a smug look.

 

Seulgi rolled her eyes at her best friend's confident statement.

 

"Wendy's such a softie afterall."

 

[Flashback]

 

"Jae."

 

"W-Wendy?" Jae smiled behind the glass window. "Are you here to get me out?"

 

"Why would I when we worked so hard to get you in?" The said girl called out. "I can't believe I've trusted in you for so many years. All the lies that you've fed me."

 

"What lies? None of them are lies." Jae's face fell. "My parents really didn't love me. They've worked me like a slave I swear!"

 

"I meant when you told me you loved me." Wendy said bitterly while Irene glared at Jae. "Now I know, I'm just a toy for you. For you entertainment just like how your parents treated you."

 

"Wen-"

 

"Don't. I was stupid to melt and forgive you when all you did was to lie and lie again. I don't need you explanation." Irene rubbed small circles on the top of their interlaced fingers, giving Wendy more confidence.

 

"Wendy no. This one last time for real." Jae begged as she kneeled on the ground.

 

"Not even in your dreams, . I'm just here to get our closure." 

 

Wendy took Irene's hand and left the visiting room.

 

"Wan? You still alright?" Irene noticed how hard Wendy was trembling when they were outside.

 

"Yes, thank you. It's just... I feel sorry for Jae that her parents..." Wendy muttered. "It wasn't really her fault she turned out like this. She... She just wasn't treated properly, resulting in her becoming a beast."

 

"Oh Wendy..." Irene embraced her girlfriend.

 

[End of flashback]

 

"You sound like Jae." The bear-like girl laughed.

 

"What?! Eww never!" Irene's face scrunched up.

 

"Unnies! Come out now!" Joy came into the room. "It's time."

 

"Thanks Joy!" Seulgi gave Joy a small kiss.

 

"Now it seems like its your wedding!" Irene teased. "I can't believe it's already three years for you guys."

 

"And I can't believe you're holding you wedding in this hellhole." Joy retorted. "Yeri is screeching here and there."

 

"I will never understand why that chimpanzee is afraid of her own kind." The bride muttered as she followed Joy out.

 

Wendy had proposed to Irene last year, and Irene, obviously, agreed. Instead, she looked like she was tired of waiting for Wendy to bring up the subject. Irene had suggested for the wedding to be held in the zoo, since it was where they first met.

 

Within these short three years, Irene was promoted from a teacher to a principal. Wendy went back to being a doctor, but at a clinic, to have more time with Irene. Seulgi and Joy got together after Joy and Yeri's graduation. As for Yeri, she met a girl online and is currently living with her, happily. Her name is Saeron, Yeri said excitedly when she revealed her relationship to her unnies.

 

Today is the fated day. Exactly three year's since they met. At this exact same place. Irene and Wendy is going to get married. Seulgi and Yeri were the bridemaids.

 

Irene stepped out to see a shocking man. She never expected him to be here.

 

"Father." Irene gave him a glare that said you-can't-stop-me.

 

"Don't worry Irene." The old man chuckled. "I just wanted to apologise for my immature self. I've actually accepted the both of you last year. It's just...my pride got the better of me and I couldn't manage to bring myself to apologise."

 

Irene blinked as a stray tear flowed down her cheeks.

 

Seulgi hurriedly wiped it away to prevent smearing her makeup.

 

"J-Joohyun, would you allow me to walk you to your bride?" Mr Bae looked down onto his shoes nervously.

 

"Thank you." Seulgi smiled at the heartwarming scene.

 

Irene wrapped her arms around her father's. With light steps, the father and daughter proceeded to the open space where everyone was waiting.

 

As Wendy saw Irene with Mr Bae, she gave a warm smile, completely opposite of what Irene had imagined.

 

"Bae you look gorgeous." The blonde whispered as Irene stepped on the platform.

 

"You talking to yourself?" Irene chuckled.

 

"Ahem." The man in front of them faked a cough. "Let's begin."

 

The couple took their pledged and exchange the rings, just like how it goes normally.

 

"Now kiss."

 

Irene and Wendy blushed as they heard that. It wasn't their first time kissing, but it was just awkward for them to do it in front of other people.

 

Irene was lost in those golden brown orbs again, for the nth time. She would never get tired of them, like she has always said.

 

As her eyelids flutter to a close, her lips met the warm, plump ones that she had been craving for since forever. Wendy, starting to get bolder, began nibbling on Irene's lower lip. The latter released a low moan and allowed Wendy's tongue to enter her cavern, exploring every inch. Irene's tongue met the other and came into a battle, both unwilling to step down.

 

"We're still here, you erts!" Yeri mischieviously shouted. "Do that later, during your honeymoon. We don't want to see your nasty deeds!"

 

The extreme shade of red crept up the newlywed's cheeks as their guests roared in laughter. Even the nearby animals, the elephant, the giraffe and such, made noise.

 

As Irene faced the crowd once again, she smiled. She spotted her mother and father at the front seats, followed by Moonbyul and Solar, who were busy kissing each other.

 

Gross?

 

It was such a blessing to have so many people to share the love and happiness together.

 

It was such a blessing to have met Wendy.

 

"Seungwan, I love you." Irene confessed out of a sudden.

 

"I know." The said girl smiled cheekily. "And I love you more Bae Joohyun."

 


 

ASDFGHJKL Too fluffy I'm cringing from my own writing kekeke. So this marks the end of Zoo. I really want to thank all of you who were really patient with my updates, and for all the love and support!! Thanks for all the comments, I know that this isn't exactly the best fic out there, so I will try my best and improve from here on! Please do help me out along the journey of improving!