Zoo || 004

Zoo

 

"What is going on Yeri? I told you to pick out Wendy's style, yet you brought her in person?" Seulgi half-yelled.

 

"Well, it's always best to consult the protagonist herself." Yeri said proudly.

 

Irene was currently in a shopping mall with Seulgi, her bestie, Joy, her satanic student, Yeri, her chimpanzee student, and Wendy, the girl she likes. 

 

“She’s totally going to look at me weird!” Irene was on the verge of slapping Yeri for her stupid idea.

 

“Not when she already knows you are into her.” Yeri deadpanned and rolled her eyes.

 

”You little- How dare you?” The raven haired clenched her fist and tighten her jaws. 

 

“Woah chill! I didn’t tell her!” Yeri laughed nervously. “I mean from how you were acting when she’s around, even a blind man could tell.”

 

Seulgi nodded in agreement. Yeri didn’t tell a single soul. Even Joy noticed Irene’s feeling through watching her.

 

Irene pouted. They were all ganging up on her. Well, that's not exactly true either.

 

Seulgi and Yeri went to catch up with the front two, leaving Irene behind.

 

The five first entered a dress shop. Seulgi suggested to get her colleague a dress for the up coming masquerade party. Seulgi's birthday party I mean. Yeri and Joy forced their teacher to try on thousands of dresses varying from fully-covered to low-cuts, some even exposed her back. But Wendy's reaction was all the same. 'Wow', 'You're gorgeous.' and 'That's stunning.' frequently came out of .

 

Irene was a little frustrated at the ambiguous response from the blonde. Did she like the dress? Or was she just trying to bee polite. But in Wendy's defense, all of the dresses do look captivating on Irene. 

 

Irene decided to try on the last piece of fabric. It was a simple black dress that ended mid-thigh with long translucent sleeves. Just as she walked out of the dressing room, Wendy's eyes enlarged and her jaw dropped.

 

This must look so weird for Wendy to not even speak!

 

At that moment, an unfamiliar ringtone sounded.

 

"Sorry guys, just let me take that." The blonde excused herself out of the shop.

 

Yeri caught a glimpse of the caller and her face turned sour.

 

"Anyways, unnie, you should totally get this!" Joy exclaimed. "Did you see how Wendy was awestruck at your beauty?"

 

"Oh she looks so whipped!" Seulgi joined in. "But Joy, she's your teacher, don't call her unnie."

 

Irene, convinced by the words her supporters gave, went ahead to purchase the black article.

 

"Sorry guys, I need to leave. Something cropped up!" Wendy rushed in and shot an apologetic look before running out again.

 

"Great." Yeri rolled her eye.

 

"Yeri? You know, it's actually alright. I feel more relaxed like this." Irene was downright confused at Yeri's attitude.

 

The girl did a total 180 turn in her mood. The girls knew something was wrong, but they never wanted to pry. But they'll listen if Yeri, or even Wendy is willing to open up.

 

"Yeah! Come, now it's our turn to try on the clothes!" Joy patted her bestie on the back in an attempt to cheer her up.

 

The youngest tried her best to forget about the earlier incident and enjoy the shopping. The four managed to get whatever that was on their shopping list. Irene decided to go for the cute, innocent look to appeal to the zookeeper. Her shopping bags were filled with light-coloured - white, pastel pink and such - clothings and that one black dress had really stood out in the midst of all. 

 

'Being y after the innocent look can kill!' was what Joy said when the suggested the innocent concept. Well, Wendy did seemed like the type to fall for cute girls.

 

The group then decided to stop by at a chinese restaurant for lunch. The unnies had wanted fast food but they just couldn't stand the satans chanting 'Jjajangmyun! Jjajangmyun!' They ended up with four bowls of jjajangmyun.

 

"Sooyoung-ah, here." Seulgi pointed at her own cheeks.

 

As expected, Joy was a messy eater. No she didn't drop her food. But she got it all over .

 

Extending her tongue out of , Joy tried to off the sauce at where Seulgi mentioned. She failed and failed try after try and Seulgi got pissed.

 

The brunette reached out and cleaned the sauce with her thumb in frustration.

 

Yeri, being the next jokester, smirked and faked a gag.

 

"Oh please! Go get a room!" Irene could only snicker at the snide remark.

 

"Yeri! I'm her teacher for goodness sake!"

 

"So if she graduated, you'll totally take her?" The mischievous kid wriggled her eyebrows. Irene was unable to contain herself and burst out laughing.

 

Gosh this kid is impossible!

 

Seulgi met Joy's eye by accident and both of them got flustered. Joy could only flush a shade darker.

 

"Yeri stop it! We're just extremely closed friends alright?"

 

Joy was friendzoned.

 

Joy was heartbroken.

 

Joy was devastated.

 

Irene and Yeri could clearly see how they liked each other. Seulgi never thought Joy reciprocated her feelings. And Joy had always thought Seulgi liked her back. Always, until now.

 

The atmosphere was tense and Seulgi realised she had said something wrong. But being the dense bear she is, she never knew what was wrong.

 

"Well, anyways this jjajangmyun is sure delicious!" She tried to lighten the mood.

 

"Duh? It's the best I've ever tasted." Joy added, not wanting to spoil the outing.

 

"I totally don't regret following the maknae's here." Irene joined in.

 

"That's a given? When are we ever wrong?" Yeri proudly boasted.

 

"Many a time, Yeri. Many." Joy bestie, earning a nudge and a pout. "Oh stop, you look like an alien!"

 

The older ones could only giggle and be amused at the childish debate happening.

 

Yeri didn't want to argue with that. She was just glad Joy was back to herself. Not completely, but she was still evil. She had felt guilty for playing a part, not on purpose, in breaking Joy's heart.

 

"Hpmf!" The youngest crossed her arms. "Let's go to the arcade!"

 

"That's...random. But sure, since we've got nothing better to do." Seulgi agreed.

 

The bear wanted to do something for Joy. To make up for ruining her mood. Even if she couldn't figure out what was it.

 

The moment they entered the arcade, a claw machine caught Seulgi's eyes. It was filled with yellow creatures. No, not minions. They were cute and fluffy little toy ducks.

 

Everything about the small object screamed Joy at Seulgi.

 

"Guys, go play first, I'll catch up later." The brunette motioned at the trio who were heading to the racing machines.

 

Being overly excited, the three could only proceed to their destination, thinking maybe Seulgi needs the washroom or something.

 

"I've got this!" Seulgi cheered for herself as she proceeded to insert the game tokens into the machine.

 

After three to four tries at that machine, Seulgi was pissed. The duck was just playing too hard to get. She saw the same machine at the other corner of the dimly lit room and decided to try her luck there.

 

Surprisingly, the duck tumbled down the hole and appeared in front of Seulgi's feet on her first try. 

 

"Oh my god! Finally, you little satan!" Seulgi hugged it. "Joy, here I come!"

 

Joy was upset once again. She was the game god but she had apparently lost to Irene. For three times consecutively. Irene was competitive of course. But Joy wasn't satisfied that a grandma had won her. She could accept it if Yeri was the only one who won her, but no. Irene had came in first.

 

"Girl, just admit I rule!" Irene laughed.

 

Just then, the bear appeared with the duck in hand.

 

"Joy! Here, this is for you!" Seulgi smiled as she pushed the toy into Joy's arms.

 

No one was expecting that. Joy was elated. Scratch that, she was over the rainbow.

 

"Unnie, I challenge you again." Joy seemed to have gained energy from Seulgi's gift. She looked more determined than ever.

 

After the intense round, which Joy finally won, they decided to play air hockey. Seulgi had teamed with Joy, leaving Irene and Yeri with no choice but to cooperate with each other. 

 

JoyGi's teamwork was perfect, they didn't allow the puck in their goal. On the other hand, YeRene's teamwork was far from them. They were too competitive that it seemed like they were competing against each other. In the end, the internal conflict allowed JoyGi to score many goals.

 

"Since you guys lost, you have to treat us to ice cream!" Joy hugged her partner in reflex, shocking the other.

 

"Yay! It's Irene unnie's treat!" Irene shot the youngest a glare. "Hey I'm not even working! Don't expect a highschooler to pay for an adult's ice cream!"

 

"She's right, Irene." Seulgi chuckled.

 

"Oh wow, you're all ganging up on me now?" Irene said in disbelief. Her bestie just turned her back against her.

 

"Where's Wendy when you need her?" Joy sang teasingly.

 

"Better shut it or no ice cream!" The oldest blushed.

 

"Oh someone's getting shy!" Seulgi teased.

 

"One more time and-" Irene was simply ignored by the girls as the walked to the ice cream shop on the opposite side. "Great. The most expensive one."

 

They sat at the corner of the room after collecting their respective ice cream. As expected, grandma Irene asked if there was a red bean flavour. To her disappointment, there wasn't so she went with vanilla instead.

 

"Joy, those cookies and cream look nice. Do you mind if I have some?" Seulgi stared at the cup in Joy's hands.

 

"Let's trade!" The younger said as she scooped up a portion of her own and fed it to the other.

 

Sweet. Cute.

 

"Guys! Look at unnie's face now!" Yeri laughed at the oldest's expression.

 

Jealousy was written all over Irene's face.

 

"Where's Wendy when you need her?" Joy and Seulgi sang out together.

 

"Stop talking about that stupid unnie!" Yeri burst and left the store.

 

"Oh." 

 

"Wow." Seulgi completed Irene's sentence.

 

What exactly did Wendy do that pissed Yeri off that much?

 

"Um, unnies? Do you mind if I eat her ice cream?" Joy stared at the unfinished cup of dessert sitting on the table.

 

"Oh shut up Joy!" The older two yelled in unison.

 


 

Sorry there's not much Wenrene moments in this chap. I just wanted to spice up Joy and Seulgi's love life lol. And Seulgi at the claw machine in Thailand was too adorable I just had to make referance of it. So, what do you guys think Wendy did and who do you think was the caller? And are you guys excited for the masquerade party? I love parties gosh! It's where all the feelings start. Do subscribe to be notified when I do random updates and comment do below and let me know your thoughts! (I don't bite I promise!) And I would like to say I'm very grateful to all the upvoters! And I love all of y'all!!!