Zoo || 013

Zoo

 

"Father."

 

"Irene! You're finally ba-"

 

"No. I'm not staying for good."

 

"What but why?" Mr Bae was shocked.

 

"Look at what a lovely fiance you got me." Irene glared.

 

"Well, daddy is a victim too." Mr Bae tried to reason, forgetting that he was up against one of Korea's rising lawyer. "Besides, she had lots of money and that would surely benefit our company."

 

Irene scoffed.

 

"It's your company again, huh? Everything is for your company! You even traded your daughter's happiness for your company!" Irene yelled, causing Wendy, who stood at her side to flinch.

 

"Ire-"

 

"It's fine. I wasn't back to talk about that." Irene's voice shook, and Wendy interlaced the fingers together.

 

Mr Bae eyed the connection, while Mrs Bae just smiled at the sweetness. Both seemingly knew what was about to come.

 

"I just wanted to introduce you to my girlfriend, Wendy Son."

 

"Girlfriend?!" Mr Bae roared and stood up. "What does she work as?"

 

"I'm a zookeeper. Nice to meet you Mr and Mrs Bae." Wendy bowed at a perfect angle.

 

"A zookeeper." Mr Bae huffed. "I will not tolerate you being together with a girl of a low status!"

 

"Wow, and you were the one who forced me to marry a nasty, conniving woman named Jae." The daughter rolled her eyes.

 

"Well, we would have benefitted from her wealth if it took place."

 

Irene was mad. She was ing mad at her own father. The man who gave her life. The man who brought her up, even if it was in an indirect manner.

 

How dare he look down on Wendy! How dare he judge others! How dare he put a value on others, according to their wealth!

 

"Materialistic as always, father. Would you approve us then, if I told you she is rich and used to be a well-known doctor in Canada?"

 

A slap sound was heard.

 

"Wendy! Are you okay? Does it hurt a lot?" Irene kneeled on the floor as she caressed the other's red cheek.

 

Mr Bae had raised his hand to struck Irene, but Wendy reacted quickly and took the blow for the brunnette.

 

"Don't touch her Ire-"

 

"Enough!" Mrs Bae finally spoke.

 

Irene was surprised by her mother. The lady usually didn't talk much, and left the final decisions to the man of the household. But this time, she had actually stepped in.

 

"That's our daughter and her lover you're talking to. I'm willing to sacrifice my own happiness according to your wishes! But I had enough of seeing my daughter suffer!" Mrs Bae stood between the daughter and father.

 

"Not you too! I'm so done." The old man spat and went out of the house.

 

"Wendy dear, let me get some medication for your wound." Mrs Bae said as she gestured Irene to help the blonde onto the sofa.

 

The old lady came back with a first aid kit and tended to the fresh wound, with Wendy wincing from the ocasional stings.

 

"Joohyun-ah, I know dad's approval is important for you as well, even if you didn't say it out." 

 

Tears started falling from Irene's eyes.

 

"...Mom." She sobbed out. "All I-I wanted w-was to do him p-proud. W-Why can't he accept m-me?"

 

"There, there. I'll try snap him out of it. Don't worry too much. Instead, worry about your future with this beautiful girl here." Mrs Bae embraced her daughter and smiled at Wendy.

 

Wendy's heart melted at the heartwarming sight before her. She knew that it was heartbreaking for parents to not accept their child, but she had never felt it because they were never there. Her parents had passed on at an early age.

 

"Mom?" Irene whispered when she finally calmed down. "Tell that old geezer I'm not going to go back to being a lawyer. I love my job as a teacher."

 

"Sure thing, Joohyun." Her mother hugged her again. "Always remember, I will always be supporting and rooting for you!"

 

Being the ever so kind and caring girlfriend Wendy was, she carried the tired Irene into the car and drove them back home.

 

When Irene reached home, the first thing she did was to turn on the hot water and get a bubble bath. It had been exhausting to be on the rollercoaster of emotions for that afternoon, and she needed to relax and calm her nerves.

 

Wendy got a quick shower in the guest bathroom and cooked dinner for them.

 

Irene came down and sat with Wendy at the dinning table. There stood two plates of kimchi fried rice, waiting to be tasted and eaten.

 

"It smells good." Irene complimented. "Glad you didn't burn it like the pancakes the other time."

 

"Gosh that was only once! And it wasn't burnt alright, just a little charred..." Wendy trailed off in embarrassment.

 

"Wan-ah, you're so cute!" The older girl lean forth and pinched the other's cheeks.

 

As they finished, Wendy took the plates and utensils to the sink. 

 

Irene saw her chance. As the petite blonde walked past Irene, the latter stretched out her hand and gave Wendy's a firm smack.

 

"I've been wanting to do that since I saw you."

 

"." Wendy snickered as she washed the dishes. "Now let's head to bed."

 

"Now now, who's the ert here?"

 

Wendy scoffed and rolled her eyes as Irene plopped on to the soft furniture.

 

"What's that look for?" Irene questioned as she saw Wendy's concerned face. "Aren't you going to join me?"

 

"Hyunie, you did well today. I'm very proud of you." Wendy spoke as she joined her lover under the covers.

 

It was warm under the covers. But Wendy provided extra warmth in the cold room. And Irene could get used to this feeling.

 

"I'm sorry Wan-ah. I'm sorry for allowing you to be degraded and get hurt in my stead." Irene looked away from those enchanting brown orbs.

 

"Don't be. I know you didn't want this either. And it wasn't your fault okay?" Wendy cooed as she held the older's cheeks and turned to face herself.

 

Irene stared into the mesmerising golden brown eyes that she would never be tired of.

 

This felt like a perfect moment for a kiss.

 

And indeed, Irene went for it. She shut her eyes and felt herself melt into the warm, enchanting and addictive lips of her lover. It gave tingles and jolts of electricity down her spine. It was a kiss never like before. This time, the love and warmth felt was multiplied by a thousand.

 

Irene could never get sick of kissing those soft and sweet lips. It was addictive like drugs, and Irene didn't mind paying the cost just to kiss the girl eveyday. She was willing to do anything for her. She was willing to risk it all. Irene would totally kiss the girl till morning came, but she had to pull away to allow the other to breathe.

 

As the couple reluctantly pulled away, pants were heared, followed by giggles.

 

"Heol." Wendy broke the silence. "That was intense."

 

"Wan-ah."

 

Wendy hummed in response as she stared lovingly into the other's eyes.

 

"I've never regretted visiting the zoo that day." Irene started. "Eventhough it was shameless of me to get you to work in the zoo on your rest day."

 

Wendy laughed but assured her it was fine.

 

"I've never regretted sacrificing that rest day."

 

"Thanks for making me realise that the zoo was such a mystical and enchanting place, Wan-ah."

 

"Great to hear that I've fulfilled my promise." Wendy gave Irene a peck.

 

"And Wendy?"

 

Irene needed the full attention of her lover.

 

"The moment I fell into this love that I never had imagined. It brings me to another world like a miracle. It’s mysterious and beautiful, I can’t take my eyes off.
All of this, this love is looking like a fantastical zoo." 

 


 

Aye! So this is the last chapter of Zoo...... A good news for all of you though, I still remember that they need a wedding in the zoo. So, guess what? There'll be a short epilogue coming up! Don't be dishearten okay? And do continue to support my by showing lots of love for my upcoming fic too! I love y'all!