Zoo || 010

Zoo

 

"Honey." Irene turned around.

 

"Let's get lunch together."

 

One, Irene hated meals with Jae. The girl surely lacked table manners. She can be flirting with Irene while was filled. And trust me, despite how pretty her face was, the sight wasn't nice to look at. 

 

Two, Irene totally didn't have time for lunch. She was busy investigating her newest case.

 

And three, her opposing attorney was her fiance. She couldn't risk selling out her client and letting Jae win the case.

 

"No." 

 

"I see, cold as usual." Jae only smirked in amusement as Irene kept mum. "No wonder you didn't even budge when Wen caught us."

 

"Correction, caught you. I wasn't doing anything that makes me guilty."

 

That was a lie. Irene felt guilty. Guilt was eating away at her. She couldn't forgive herself when she saw the hurt in Wendy's eyes. She wanted to stop her act at that moment.

 

But to get Wendy to open her eyes and move on from Jae, the only way was to hurt Wendy.

 

"But technically you hurt her as well. You knew she was together with me." Jae smirked. She was so going to win this debate.

 

"I was just following the deal. YOU were the one who cheated on ME." Irene snapped.

 

I guess Jae isn't going to win the debate anytime soon. Boss Irene was so competitive she would not let anyone win.

 

And Jae was definitely not going to win this case. She had it all planned out.

 

Jae's smirk fell from her face as she realised Irene won again.

 

But she loved the cold and frank demeanour.

 

Jae had always been the kind to like dominant ones. Unlike Wendy, they always give off a sense of charisma. But Wendy was easy to manipulate, so Jae loved to play with her.

 

"Irene." Jae whined. "Don't be happy too soon, I'm going to win the case."

 

"Try me."

 

Jae you ing . I'll make you lose the case so badly you wouldn't even dare to show up in Korea.

 

"Ah. Irene, I forgot to inform you. We have a date this Saturday. I'll pick you up at 10 in the morning. Dress casual." The lady in purple commanded as she left the office.

 

Irene wondered if the woman really loved purple, or she just wore it in an attempt to get Irene to like her.

 

Wait Saturday? Isn't that tomorrow? 

 

The office was filled with a familiar music. Irene's phone vibrated and flashed.

 

Seulbear

 

"Hello?"

 

"Irene! I hope you still remember the dinner date you promised Tae unnie!" The girl on the other side of the line yelled.

 

"... ." With that, Irene hung up and packed her things.

 

Irene had so many things to do. She had to go get changed and to go buy a present for Taeyeon unnie.

 

Irene loved the latter very much. She was kind of like a mother towards Seulgi and herself. And Irene had always wanted to meet her girlfriend, Tiffany.

 

There's just one tiny problem. Irene has no idea what to get.

 

A soft toy? Gosh Taeyeon is turning 29! A pack of gummy bear? That would make Irene seem like a cheapskate. A cactus? Irene was considering on getting her a big pot.

 

Gathering all her personal belongings, Irene rushed out of the building and drove back to her apartment. It was a wonder that she wasn't caught speeding nor had she run into any incident.

 

". My wardrobe is so dull." Irene slammed the door.

 

She looks at her current work attire through the long mirror.

 

Midnight blue off-shoulder top paired with white skinny jeans. 

 

It looked too casual for a lawyer. But Irene doesn’t care about work etiquette when she is in her own company.

 

"Well, this works fine." The brunette stated and strutted back into her car. 

 

She typed in the address of the nearest flower shop in her gps. Revving up the engine, she followed the instructions given and soon arrived at the small shop.

 

Irene found the biggest yet small (as compared to what Irene had imagined) cactus in the shop. It was around the size of Irene’s head. She got a purple ribbon around the pot and she drove to the restaurant.

 

"Taeyeon. Here. Happy birthday."

 

The said girl choked on her water as her girlfriend slapped her back to make her calm down.

 

"Child what happened to you? I thought that was a robot." Taeyeon stared at Irene with an ridiculed look.

 

"What what happened? I’m ju-" 

 

"Hi I’m back from the toilet." Irene was cut off.

 

That voice was awfully familiar to Irene. And she hated how she felt when she heard that voice. How her heartbeat sped up when the melodious sound flowed into her ears.

 

She knew she missed it.

 

She missed that voice.

 

And she definitely missed its owner.

 

"Wendy! Welcome back! This is the girl I wanted to introduce you to. Guys, meet Irene." Taeyeon cheered. "And Irene, this is Tiffany the girl I’ve always mentioned, and Wendy, her bestfriend."

 

"Irene." Tiffany muttered.

 

Taeyeon didn’t know what made her girlfriend so cold. She was fine just a few moments ago.

 

"I-Irene...?" Wendy choked up.

 

The said girl looked up to find herself lost in those golden orbs.

 

And it started to get misty.

 

Wendy started crying. Tears just flowed down her cheeks uncontrollably.

 

Tiffany was worried.

 

Taeyeon was confused.

 

And Irene was... Irene was shocked.

 

Why would Wendy cry when she saw Irene? Did she really hate her that much? Had Irene been too much, backstabbing Wendy?

 

Wendy, unable to handle all the overwhelming emotions that filled and consumed her, ran for the restroom once again.

 

"Wendy wait!" Tiffany stood up.

 

Irene held her back by her wrist.

 

"I’m sorry I ed up. Please let me try to make things right." 

 

Tears were welling in Irene’s eyes as well. Tiffany could see that Irene was sincere.

 

And Tiffany could definitely see that Irene loved Wendy.

 

With a small smile, Tiffany pushed Irene towards the direction of the lady’s room.

 

"Go make things right." She whispered.

 

Irene didn’t need to be told twice. She ran.

 

"Is this a drama prepared for my birthday?" Taeyeon asked, clearly confused about everything that had happened.

 

Tiffany glared at her and the small girl could only withdraw in fear.

 

Irene opened the wooden door to see a broken Wendy crying by the sink.

 

"Wendy?" Irene tried.

 

There was no response.

 

"Seungwan." Irene backhugged Wendy when the latter refused to face her.

 

"Wan-ah, I know I ed up. Badly." Irene tightened her arms around the smaller girl.

 

"I’m sorry for backstabbing you. Really. But I was also hurt when I found out that you were dating Jae. And on top of that, Jae had been cheating on you. That day you saw us... It wasn’t my idea."

 

"You don’t have to explain yourself!" Wendy spat. 

 

"No Wan-ah. I’m really sorry. I know it doesn’t make me less guilty if I said this, but I just want you to know the truth. Jae is my fiancé. She had always been my arranged partner since I was 18. I didn’t even get a say in this."

 

"Why didn’t you tell me when you saw her at the party?" Wendy sobbed out.

 

"I hadn’t known she was the one. I only found out later that she was. I hated her from the start you know?"

 

Wendy couldn’t believe her ears.

 

Irene hated Jae. Does that mean she has a chance?

 

Wendy turned around to face Irene.

 

"Believe me." Irene whispered.

 

Wendy shivered as she felt Irene’s breathe hit her lips.

 

They were close.

 

Way too close.

 

Irene felt her eyelids grow heavier as she looked into Wendy’s mesmerizing eyes.

 

Soft.

 

Was all Irene thought as their lips met. It felt all so familiar. So much warmth and love. It might just be a simple contact, but it brought through all the love and feelings Irene and Wendy had for each other. It tasted a little salty from the tears. But it was still sweet.

 

Too sweet for Irene’s liking. But she would always be happy to go for a second time.

 

Wendy pulled away reluctantly as she gasped for breath. Her nose was all stuffy from all the crying so she had to use .

 

"Wow." Irene felt tingles running down her spine as that single syllable hit her skin.

 

"Seungwan. Wait for me.

 

"Please."

 


 

Y’all happy now? Wenrene finally had their kiss :)) So gimme that upvote now! Okay I’m joking, but do comment your thoughts and feelings for this chap. Isn’t this great fluff after all the angst?

 

Side note, thanks to SosilverfangShi who helped to improve the drama.