Zoo || 009

Zoo

"Wendy."

 

"Wendy Son!" A redhead called out.

 

"S-Sorry!" Wendy apologised when she snapped out of her daydream.

 

"As I was saying to myself," The other rolled her eyes. "You still owe me a meal."

 

"Okay... So you’re saying we should get it now?"

 

"Yes smart girl." She patted the blonde’s head. "Anyways, what was on your mind? You rarely space out."

 

"Well... It’s Jae."

 

"Wait! You’re back with her again?!"

 

"Yes Tiff. It’s been almost a year." Wendy sighed. "But she doesn’t seem like she’s proposing soon."

 

"Wendy. Wake. Up." Tiffany grabbed Wendy’s chin and looked into her eyes. "There’s more people out there who’s more worthy of your love."

 

Better than Jae... Well Irene is more beautiful than J. And she has a kind heart unlike J... Stop Wendy! J is your girlfriend!

 

"Hello? Earth to Seungwan?"

 

"Uh yes unnie?"

 

"For the second time, where are we getting our meal?"

 

Tiffany looks red. Really red. It wasn’t the pink Tiffany loved. It was red like the traffic light.

 

"Sorry unnie..." Wendy was panicking. "What... What do you think of that restaurant there?"

 

The older’s face immediately brightened when she saw the cafe Wendy suggested.

 

Wendy really knew how to please her unnie.

 

The cafe was in pastel pink and white paint, and its furnitures were all pink in color. Tiffany loved pink. And Tiffany loved the cafe.

 

"Seungwan, even if it just sells coffee, I’m willing to treat it as a meal from you." Tiffany’s eyes twinkled.

 

"Sure."

 

I’m sure Irene would love this concept, J wouldn’t even step a foot in it... Wait why am I comparing again?! Urgh.

 

"Wendy? What’s on your mind again? mine sharing?" The redhead said as she took a seat in the cafe.

 

The service was fast as the waitress came and took their orders swiftly. Wendy reminded herself to tip her later on.

 

"Well, J is starting to not come home again." Wendy looks down at her fingers and plays with them. "I really don’t want to suspect her because I still trust her. But I feel that her old habits are back."

 

"Wan? Sorry, but speaking of the devil..." Tiffany coughed and pointed behind her.

 

Wendy turned around to spot a sweet couple.

 

A lesbian couple, I mean. The taller girl, who was backfacing her, seemed to be kissing the shorter’s cheeks.

 

The shorter girl had light brown wavy hair that rested on her shoulders. She wore a dark blue sleeveless button up along with black pencil skirt. Finishing the looks with killer heels, Wendy was just awestruck by her beauty.

 

Wait... Isn’t that Irene? So she has a girlfriend!

 

"Tiff you know Irene? How do you know she’s my friend?"

 

"Who’s Irene? Anyways, look closer. Isn’t that Jae? And she’s with another girl." Tiffany scoffed. "And you can’t even recognise you own girlfriend."

 

True enough, Wendy recognised Jae the moment she looked the second time.

 

"Wendy? Seungwan, you alright?"

 

Wendy was shocked. Jae was cheating again. And with Irene?! How could they? Wendy never imagined that Irene was so wild. So wild to be a third party. Wild enough to be part of an affair.

 

"Wen? I’m here if you need me." Tiffany shook her stunned friend.

 

"I-I’m fine... It’s just, how could Irene do that to me?"

 

"Irene? You know that girl with Jae?"

 

Wendy nodded as she tried to hold back her tears. She wanted to slap Irene. She wanted to shout at Jae. She just wanted to end her own miserable life.

 

“Wen…” Tiffany embraced the blonde in a hug. “Let’s go there and beat them up.”

 

“D-Don’t.” Wendy choked.

 

“What? Are you sure?”

 

“I’ll just question her when I see her.”

 

Tiffany respected Wendy’s decision to confront Jae herself, privately.

 

But little did she know, Wendy was going to ask Irene. She wanted to hear the truth from the culprit’s mouth herself.

 

Or did she trust Irene more than she trust Jae?

 

Wendy was definitely confused with her own feelings.

 

"Tiff unnie, I need help."

 

"About what Wen?" The pink haired girl was shocked to see her lovely dongsaeng in such distress.

 

"I'm confused." Wendy played with her fingers nervously. "What if I'm always comparing someone against my girlfriend unconsciously?"

 

"Well that just mean you have fallen for her. You feel more for her than Jae." Tiffany smiled. "And that's great."

 

"But what if I missed my chance and she's taken now?"

 

"Oh dear..."

 

"I know. I ed up right?"

 

"Gosh Wen, don't cry." The older pulled Wendy into a hug as she sobbed. "You know, if there's a will, there's a way. I'm sure if you try your best, everything would still work out fine for you."

 

Wendy sobbed harder and Tiffany could only her back to comfort her. It was such a heartbreaking sight to see her dear friend to be so broken.

 

"What... What can I even do about it? I-I've lost my chance." Wendy mumbled when she calmed down.

 

"The first step is always to break up with your jerk girlfriend."

 

"... I don't even see her that much these days."

 

"How about we wait for them at the exit of the cinema? I saw them entering around an hour ago."

 

"It doesn't work. The other girl was the one I'm talking about."

 

"Oh this is more coincidental than all the drama I've ever watched." Tiffany eyesmiled. "That's actually better, you can show her that you're single. Moreover, expose that Jae is a lying ."

 

“…”

 

“Wendy, message Jae to see if she tell you the truth about her whereabouts.”

 

“This better work…”

 

The blonde took out her phone from her backpocket and entered the message application.

 

To: J Bae

 

Where are you? I missed you.

 

Wendy added the last part to make it more convincing. She knew she didn’t miss her. Maybe she was really falling out of love…

 

Tiffany kept tapping her foot impatiently as she waited for the reply. She was always told that it was a bad habit and she should change it. But being hyperactive, Tiffany had to fidget. Additionally, the wait was killing her.

 

“Unnie, she’s watching a show so she obviously wouldn’t reply this quick.” The petite girl sensed the annoyance in the other and tried to calm her down.

 

“It’s close to two hours since they entered. The show can’t be that long!” Tiffany whined. “Come on! Let’s go to the exit before we miss them.”

 

Wendy was dragged off before she could even refuse.

 

From: J Bae

 

Honey… I’m sorry I’m so busy at work I can’t find time to meet you.

 

“Tiff, she replied!”

 

“What, what? Show me!” The older snatched the tiny device and read the message.

 

“Pfftt… Wen, since when was Jae’s job to provide a girlfriend service?”

 

“Tiff, I’m as much clueless as you alright?” Wendy mumbled dejectedly.

 

How… How dare she cheat on me for the third time?! And with Irene? I remember introducing her as my girlfriend to Irene. How could they…

 

God was being too cruel to Wendy. All her life, she’s done nothing wrong to deserve such a sick joke. It was, in fact, the opposite. Wendy was so kind that she helped out everyone in need, to the best of her ability.

 

It’s fine for Wendy even if she doesn’t get paid or rewarded, or even good karma. But she had never expected to experience such a bitter life. She would rather die at this moment.

 

Wendy wanted to believe that all of this was a lie.

 

That it wasn’t Irene.

 

She didn’t care if Jae cheated again, she would definitely break up with her this time.

 

But Irene… The girl she liked; she doesn’t want to believe that she betrayed her.

 

In her mind, Irene was never the kind of person to do such a thing. But then again, Jae is a manipulative monster that uses everyone.

 

All Wendy wanted was just for Irene to have a peaceful life.

 

She knew that Jae didn’t deserve Irene. She knew she didn’t deserve Irene.

 

And she hopes Irene would be able to find her happiness.

 

Wendy felt a drip on her face.

 

Was it raining? Was heaven crying for her?

 

“Seungwan-ah… Don’t cry. You know it hurts for me to see you like this.” Tiffany hurriedly searched her bag for a tissue pack.

 

Oh… It was just me crying… Just my tears. I deserve this. Why would heaven even cry for me?

 

Just at that moment, Jae and Irene walked out of the cinema hand in hand. The brunette had a poker face while Jae just looked like she was having fun. But seeing as Irene hadn’t struggled to remove their linked hands, Wendy was sure that her imagination wasn’t running wild.

 

“W-Wendy.” Jae called out airily.

 

“Don’t. I have eyes. And I’m sick of you cheating on me!” Wendy paused.

 

Wow. They didn’t even argue back or try to justify themselves.

 

Simply wow.

 

“Hah.” Wendy scoffed. “Have a great time with her, Irene. The garbage is now in your hands.”

 

Tiffany laughed out at the snide remark.

 

Wendy was reminded that her unnie was still present by that familiar laughter.

 

Not wanting to spare the adulterous pair another second, the blonde grabbed hold of Tiffany’s wrist and dragged her to the carpark, where her precious vehicle was resting at.

 

“Let it all out. I’m here for you.” Tiffany cooed as she embraced the younger in the backseat.

 

Wendy cried into the shoulder full of pink hair. The continuous ringing of the familiar ringtone reminded Wendy of its caller, and she just sobbed harder.

 

Go yourself, Jae Kwon.

 


 

Sorry it's been such a long time since I've updated! I'll be busier than usual from now on so the updates could get slower. But anyways, how was it in Wendy's point of view? And hands up if anyone one of you expected Wendy to be jealous of Jae instead of Irene. :) As usual, remember to comment and I'll be really grateful if you could give me an upvote.

 

Side note, this chapter is dedicated to Sug-ga. Thanks for all your love and support!