Consequences

Lost and Found

this is the first time, i will be writing what goes on in minho's point of view, and partially reveal why Minho is acting weird (partially).Hope you like it though!


Minho felt guilty from the moment he left the practice room. He did not know what got over him, and why he suddenly acted out. He wanted to go back and apoligise to key about dropping him, actually apoligise for all of his stupid behaviour. But being the biggest coward that he was, he kept walking away from the practice room, resenting himself. He had really tried to act normally around key for the past few days. and he had really done a decent job, because he could sense the air around them wasn't as cold as it was before. He was finally beginning to hope that he would overcome the emotions that gripped him whenever kibum was around. All in vain. In a fit of anger, he had ruined everything he had worked hard to build.

"I hoped that key and minho would be as close as what Sehun and Minho were.". these words had been roaring in Minho's mind ever since he heard Taemin outside the practice room. And the words seemed to be chewing his mind when he went for his last practice with Key. And he honestly was out of his mind during the practice, his anger taking over him, he hadn't even realised that he had dropped key until he left the room, and then he knew it was too late. Damn it. He had finally gotten over it. Or that's what he thought, before Key barged into his life and everything blew to bits. He had promised himself that he will never let what happened affect him anymore, and he could see his suppressed emotions resurfacing and he felt helpless, and it chose a wrong time to come out, and he ended up storming off, after practically throwing key to the ground. He knew taemin was right. He was being a jerk, and he should stop. but no matter how hard he tried he couldn't and he hated himself for it. He did not have the courage to face key then, and he thought he would apoligise to him the next day. For everything.

The next day,however, all the confidence Minho had turned to liquid and oozed off of him, the moment he saw key, and he ended up avoiding him. He noticed that key was avoiding him as well, and he felt a bit bad. But he had brought it upon himself. When they were called up to perform, and minho was taking up his starting position, key whispered."Please don't spoil this". Those words struck his heart like arrows. He immediately tried to apologize for his deeds, but before he could, the music started. Minho was focussed on the dance, but during the middle of the dance, he thought he heard someone grunt in pain, but seeing everyone dancing, he dismissed the thought. The dance had almost ended. there was the final jump left. He stood there, anxiously, hoping key would not miss the jump, but he was worrying for nothing. Key's jump was perfect and Minho smiled as he caught him just in time and held the pose, till the music died down and curtains came down. He set Key down and was about to open his mouth, when he saw Key collapsing and hurried to catch him. Only then he realised that the grunt he heard was from Key. Minho held him while on the way to the green room, the other members had already reached there. " What happened? " he asked, but got no answer. Minho then noticed that tears where streaming down the boy's face, and panic seized him, "Oh my god! Key, what happened?" he asked his voice louder this time." My ankle...hurts" was the answer he got, before Key fainted, into Minho's arms. 

minho picked up Key, in his arms, and practically ran to the green room. He was greeted by smiles which immediately turned to expressions of shock, when the members noticed the unconscious Key in his arms. "oh no! what happened to him?" Taemin shouted, while Kai picked up his phone, probably to call the ambulance. "He said, his ankle hurt.. but i don't know why?" Minho confessed, with a worried frown. Minho pulled off Key's sock and the sight shocked him. Key's ankle was swollen and purple. It looked painful. How had he danced with that? "Guys! the performance was awesome. Key you slayed it." Jonghyun entered the room and he froze when his eyes fell on key. "Key? Key! oh my god! Key? What happened? Oh my god! Key died! Key how could you die? You guys killed my friend!" jonghyun started shouting, flailing about in confusion,and everyone else was trying to tell him that wasn't the case, to no use.that is, until kai went upto him and slapped him hard across the cheek. Jonghyun froze, his eyes widening in shock." Your friend is very much alive, he has fainted that's all." Jonghyun tentatively moved towards Key,  pushing Minho out of the way, rudely, and picked up his friend's hands, as if personally confirming Key was alive "Why?.... How?" He asked. "Minho said he complained of ankle pain, before he fainted" Chanyeol spoke up. "oh my god! His ankle! It hadn't healed? But he told me he was fine?" Minho eyes shot up and he opened his mouth, but Baekhyun spoke sooner. "What? Key was hurt? In his ankle? When? How? He seemed alright yesterday?".Jonghyun's head dropped, and his grip on key's hand hardened. "He was limping yesterday. He told me had a minor sprain in his ankle while practising yesterday. He told me that it would be fine today, and he seemed fine too...but obviously not. I should have been more cautious, I am sorry." Minho frowned, key didn't injure himself yesterday, he was just fine until....his heart sank at the realisation. He was fine until minho dropped him, so that's when he would have hurt himself. It was all his fault. Guilt crept up minho, and tears were threatening to fall out, luckily the ambulance had arrived just in time and Minho busied himself into getting Key into the ambulance. He couldn't spend time wallowing. He had to help Key, somehow.

Minho was all alone in the room. The others had gone to get food, since all of them hadn't eaten all day. Minho didn't feel like eating and so he chose to stay back. He looked at Key's sleeping figure, his features calm. This was only the second time, Minho had seen Key with calm features, whenever he was with Minho, he seemed tense. "It was because of you, idiot" Minho mentally scolded himself and then let out a long sigh. He didnt know how he would approach key now. He had gone too far, and now he realised that Key might never forgive him for what happened. Minho saw Key's eyes fluttering, and he got up.When Key opened his eyes and tried to move, Minho instinctively put a hand to his chest, pushing him down. "Don't move" he said. Key blinked a few times, as if coming to a realisation of what was happening. He looked up at Minho and then at his hand, which was still at his chest. Minho immediately removed his hand, embarrased. He decided that he would finally apoligise to key even though he didn't deserve it. "Look key, I just wanted to say...." but he was interrupted by the doctor and all the others coming in."Oh so you are awake? Good." Minho moved away from the bed, giving space to the doctor. " How the hell did you manage to dance with this ankle? no wonder you passed out! I am amazed at your passion and bravery, but you should know that there is a fine line between bravery and stupidity." key, hung his head in shame, and Minho felt the guilt intensify, because he knew it was his fault. "And because of your decision, you have ended up hurting you leg way more. and now you have a torn ligament." everyone gasped. Key looked like he was punched, all colour draining from his face. "I am sorry Key, but I am afraid that you cannot dance for another two months at least." the doctor explained, smiling sadly. Key nodded sadly and tears were forming on the corner of his eyes. The doctor left, after prescribing some medicines to Key, and instructing him to stay away from his foot for a week at least. "How did you sprain your ankle, Key?and how come Minho did not know about it? " Taemin asked, his eyebrows raising, as he turned around to face Minho. Key glared at Minho but before he could speak.... "It was my fault" Minho shouted, suddenly. Key turned to him in surprise. Minho closed his eyes, took a deep breathe and continued... " it was my fault. we  were practicing and we... i ... we ended up arguing and....." "arguing? you were basically manhandling me..." Key shouted back, his patience finally breaking. Minho's head drooped."I was angry about something .... i was not in my right mind.. i am truly...." "you were angry about something and so you dropped me on the floor?" key shouted back, he couldn't believe the excuse he was giving."What did you say? Minho dropped you on the floor?" Jonghyun asked, his voice rising as well. Minho gulped. the monster jonghyun from the cafeteria was taking over. " you think Key is some rag doll that you beat up whenever you feel angry? i should have beat you into a pulp that day in the cafeteria itself!" jonghyun suddenly charged towards, and Minho didn't even flinch, he stood there, accepting the punch that came his way, he fell backwards, head hitting the wall, before he felt a kick, and another, until he lost count. He was being hit mercilessly by jonghyun, while the others were trying to pull him apart, with key shouting to jonghyun to stop, but Minho heard nothing, he just stood there, expecting, no.....waiting for another kick or punch. He wanted the pain, he wanted the physical pain, which would temporarily take his mind off of the pain he felt inside. The pain that came back, ever since he saw Key outside the school gates. The pain that he thought he had managed to hide behind all his joking and easy going attitude.The pain that intensified everytime key was hurt because of him. The pain that he had endured, all alone for the past one year. The pain that reminded him everyday that he was not good enough. That he will never be good enough.

"Jong stop it!" Key yelled, and Jonghyun finally stopped, as if he snapped out of a trance. He stared at Minho's face. it was full of bruises, and some of them were turning yellow. Jonghyun's expression turned from one of hatred and anger to one of shock, he gaped at his hand, which was swollen from the repeated attack. Slowly the realisation of what had happened sunk in, and jonghyun drew in a sharp breath. he had, hit Minho...... very badly. The others managed to push Jonghyun into a chair near key's bed, but Jonghyun continued to look at Minho, who was on the floor, eyes closed, and then at his hand and Key noticed that tears had started to form in his eyes.Key sensed that he was going to face the emotional jonghyun, the aftermath of his aggresive version. "Guys, I think you all should leave. And get Minho treated for his wounds as well. I am tired, i want to rest and don't worry, I will leave in the evening with jonghyun. thank you for getting me here." he managed to smile at all of them, and pointedly looked at jonghyun. Everyone sensed the message, and hurriedly left, Minho half lifted and half dragged by Chanyeol and Kai. though Key was furious with Minho, he couldn't help but feel bad for him, because he was pretty badly hurt. Nurses and other people had crowded outside their room, and taemin and baekhyun shooed them away. Key turned to face jonghyun, whose tears had started to fall. "Are you okay?" Key asked, and this set Jonghyun off. He started sobbing, his face in his hands, taking painful breaths. Key's heart broke at this sight, and he pulled his friend into a tight hug and held him,  till the other had calmed down enough to start talking."now, tell me Jong. what' came over you?" Key asked.


 well guys what do you think, why had minho acted this way with key?and why was he triggered by taemin's words? i would love to hear your views. please do comment your ideas.