The trigger

Lost and Found

The next day, all hopes that key had of ever trying to work things out with Minho were crushed. This was because Minho had made his mind up to make practice a torture for key. Since he was leader, key coudn't exactly refuse his orders of practice and work, and Minho took advantage of his power, and abused it on key.when Taemin argued in his defence, all minho said was," not everyone gets a chance to be in his position, and he should value this and has to show he deserves a place in our group. We can't let our reputation be ruined. And if he can't do all this, he is welcome to leave.He could complain to the higher authorities if the work is too much for him"

Then on, Everyday key was tortured, made to practice all the routines bazillion times, because he was apparently 'new' and 'needed practice'. He was made to practice and redo routines till he almost fainted, and his teamated coudn't help him, because the more they helped, the more work was put on key. key almost passed out several times, but he didnt give up, he did everything Minho said. He practiced all the routines, did all the prop setting, song mixing and equipment setting himself. It was extremely hard, because he had music lessons too. But he did everything and never complained, not only because he didnt want to give up on his dreams of dancing, but also because Minho wanted him to break down and quit or complain in frustration, and key decided he would absolutely not give him the satisfaction. But sometimes he actually felt that he was reaching the breaking point,and whenever he felt that way, his music classes, came as a stress buster. the teachers were trying to split the students into smaller groups, so to decide whose voices went well with each other they got all the students together and they just jammed songs they knew, and it was a relaxing experience.But what key felt was the best thing that happened everyday wasto hear jongyun singing. all the students who got into the school were great singers, but jonghyun was exceptional.his voice was melodious, but if the need arises it could be y or powerful too.  Sometimes key was amused by jonghyun's hesitance and ignorance towards his talents.

"hey jong, i swear that if i am alive today, its only because i want your hear your voice. or else i would be dead by today." key joked, one day at school during the lunch hour.they were seated at the cafeteria. chanyeol wanted key to join them but key refused, because of minho, moreover he coudn't leave jonghyun alone. so they both always sat together for lunch. jonghyun raised his eyebrows at him." thats so sweet that my voice keeps you alive and all, but why exactly would you be dying otherwise?"key cursed himself.He hadn't told jonghyun about his problems with Minho. he just knew that the two weren't comfortable with each other. he actually didn't want the other to know, but he just wanted share his feelings for once. he coudn't exactly tell his teammates because after all they were minho's friends too. He could at least share it with jonghyun.

"yah! its all because of minho. he hates me for some apparent reason, and tortures me everyday using his power as the leader. he makes me do all the work and makes me practice harder than everyone else combined, while he just stands and 'overseas' things. He doesnt care if i pass out either. once i passed out, and baekhyun told me he just shrugged it off as my weakness.he treats the others well, but doesnt care about me passing out? I dont understand why he hates me so much" he finished.key actually ended up pouring out all of his thoughts to jonghyun, something he never did before, except with his grandmother.However he was not expecting his friend to react the way he did."what did you say?" jonghyun asked, his usually sweet voice turning a shade darker, his fists clenching."Did that jerk mistreat my friend? how dare he? who does he think he is?" jonghyun continued, his voice rising more and more. key was confused, seeing this new face of his friend. He was touched that jonghyun was getting angry for him, but when he realised that jonghyun has gotten up from his chair, and was moving towards his dance team, key starting panicking. "jong... wait. JONG!!"

"HOW DARE YOU! YOU JERK! YOU THINK YOU CAN KEEP HURTING MY FRIEND AND GET AWAY WITH IT! NOT WHILE I AM ALIVE! HOW DARE YOU MISUSE YOUR POWERS AND OVERWORK HIM?" jonghyun bellowed, standing in front of minho, his fists clenching. Minho just smirked and looked at key." coudn't handle me so you brought your own bodygaurd? cute.not even a month of practice and you go around crying to your bestfriend about the practice. didnt think you were so easy to break"."such an idiot" key thought to himself.minho's words didnt affect him, he was used to it at this point,but for his sensitive friend,that was the last straw. Jonghyun lost it. He lunged forward, in full force. At the same time both key and taemin tried to block his attack, and before jonghyun could think, he was on the floor. When he opened his eyes and sat up, the sight in front of him made him come back to his senses.Both taemin and key had fallen down. taemin was massaging his arm, obviously in pain, while key had a swollen lip.Minho just stood there dumbfounded. 

Key felt a bit dizzy but he shook his head to clear it, and looked at jonghyun. He saw his friend's eyes go wide in realisation of what had happened, his rage dissolving, slowly being replaced with guilt . he stood up, his head hanging down. " I am sorry. I am really sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you Key, or you Taemin.I shoudn't have lost control like that.I......" his voice broke and he turned and ran away from the cafeteria.key shot a disgusting look at Minho,thanking the lords that the taller guy was too much in shock to open his mouth because he swore he would lose his control if he heard anything from him. and then went to taemin."are you okay?" he asked. " Ya I am fine.You go after your friend. He was visibly upset." key nodded at taemin, who give him a reassuring smile, and then proceeded to run after Jonghyun. "taemin are you okay?" minho was crouching next to his friend,trying to examine his arm, but taemin pulled off, scowling."Dont touch me. its your fault this happened anyway." Minho was shocked."My fault? He just came at me from nowhere." "Well, your carefully constructed words weren't much of a help either.What the hell are you doing Minho? what has gotten into you lately? why are you treating key this way? Even if he insulted you, that was once, minho.ONCE.you can't possibly be taking revenge on him for something as trivial as that.Honestly, I am amazed that key hasn't complained about this treatment. This group and dance must really matter to him for him not to. Or else he must be a really good person for tolerating your sick attitude all this long.all of us thought you were just fooling around, but minho, key passed out once.I am warning you, if you continue to act like a punk, I will complain about this behavior on key's behalf." taemin fumed. this wasn't the minho taemin knew. Hell, Minho was the sweetest guy on this planet.he has had to go through many trials in the past to get to the position he is in, and  taemin coudn't imagine why minho was suddenly being so impulsive and reckless regarding his position.he was generally a calculative person.Minho just got up and left the cafeteria, not replying to taemin's questions. taemin could swear he saw pain cross his hyung's face. the same pain that....... taemin was pulled out of his thoughts by baekhyun who was pulling him towards the clinic,to check his wound and taemin decided he was overthinking stuff and shrugged off the uneasy feeling he had.

Jonghyun wasn't anywhere to be seen, so key figured he just went back to the apartment they shared. He had some dance rehearsel next hour, but he decided to skip it.If he saw minho right now, he didnt know what he would end up doing.he ran towards his apartment and opened it, and sure enough there was jonghyun, sitting on the couch, his head down. key went and sat next to him, not saying anything. after what seemed like an eternity, jonghyun broke the silence."i don't know what came over me.i am sorry i didnt mean to hurt anybody, not even that jerk minho, even though i am pretty sure he deserves it.I just lost control. I.... I have become a monster." a lone tear escaped from the singer's eyes. key was shocked. he didn't expect his friend to act like that either, but as usual jonghyun is being too hard on himself."stop talking nonsense. What you did, though not the best way to go about things, was completely in good interest. You just defended a friend, which is an appreciable thing. I am truly grateful that I have a friend like you who stands up for me. You coudn't have expected me or taemin to come in the way. we were stupid to have done that. so dont bother over it.its not your fault."

"IT IS MY FAULT! I SHOULD HAVE CONTROLLED MYSELF! I AM BECOMING LIKE HIM.I......."jonghyun shouted and suddenly stopped, his expression turning to one of fear."him?who" key asked."nothing. I was blabbering in anger. Its nothing. I am sorry. I am going to my room." with this, Jonghyun went to his room, his head still hanging down.key knew something was wrong and that wasnt only related to today's incident.Jonghyun didnt come out for the rest of the evening, not even to eat. when key called him out he said he wasn't hungry. key didn't force him.He guessed the other needed some time alone.He finished up his works (he still had some sound mixing to do... courtesy minho) and went to bed. Jonghyun's behaviour surprised key, and he coudn't understand why the quiet, shy boy had suddenly burst out like that. But though his mind was still at unease.. he was too tired to stay awake and key drifted off to sleep.