The Tipping Point

Lost and Found

The next day, key received the shock of his life. He was told that he was the lead for their fundraiser dance, and that his dance partner for the same was Choi Minho. It was obvious that both of them were far from pleased with this piece of information. "Sir, I don't think this will work out. I request you to change my partner." Key complained. "Yes Kai, I don't have to be lead on this. I am ready to give up that position. I feel Taemin will be a better dancer for this choreo.I am not that good in contemporary routines anyway." Minho agreed, his voice turning desperate. Kai however was having none of this."Shut up, both of you.thank you for the analysis Minho,but I think I am the better judge of who is doing what in my routine. I don't care what personal feuds both of you may have because that is none of my concern. But as dancers, I expect both of you to act proffessionally on this regard.We can't keep trying to change up routines and partners because you both had a fight. Both of you are well aware that this performance is extremely important for your team. Minho, you are well aware what problems our team is having, and why. We have to prove to the school that our team is worth the reputation it holds. And for that case, both of you shall shut up and co-operate with me. Is that understood?"Minho gulped and nodded. key nodded as well, not understanding what the choreographer was telling entirely.what happened? What trouble? but he didn't ask anyone then. he thought he would ask Baekhyun later.

Calling the choreography tough would be an understatement. It was gruelling, and even more so for Minho and Key, as the leads. Key noticed that Minho was actually being civil to him, for once. Key decided it was time to be professional too. Both of them worked very hard, and key was allowed to forgo his music classes for the sake of the performance.Leaving aside all of his hostility towards him, Key had to agree that Minho was a wonderful dancer. He was quick to catch the steps, and was patient enough to practice the routine a lot of times. He even came to extra practices when Key requested him to. They were in the middle of such a practice, in which Key was struggling to get one the steps. It was a lift, where minho had to lift him, and he kept getting his jump wrong. He stamped Minho's foot several times. It was one of his attempts, in which he jumped too late and both of them went crashing, that forced minhoto finally speak up."Your starting position is too stiff, and you put too much of pressure on your first step, thus you get both the timing and height of the jump wrong. Wait, let me show you." Minho demonstrated to him how to do the step, and also how Key was previously doing it, thus highlighting where he went wrong. The next time key did the step he got it right. Minho lifted him up like he weighed nothing and dropped him gracefully.Key smiled in satisfaction, turned to minho and said,"you know what , you are a great teacher" Minho smirked back."I am great in a lot of things". both of them burst out laughing, and key punched him in the arm playfully. Minho stiffened at the touch, and the air grew awkward. After a few minutes, Minho cleared his throat and said "Anyway, I better get going, I have spent too much time on your sorry .I have other important works." and thus he left, leaving behind a confused Key.How could he be friendly one second and turn hostile and cold the other? key thought to himself. However, this was the first time Minho actually talked to him without reservations, and key felt happy .Happy that finally minho was talking to him normally, even though for a short while. He figured that things would work out eventually, and hopefully they would become friends in the future. If only life was that easy.

The next few days went by swiftly. Minho and Key didn't have any heart to hearts, but at least they weren't uncomfortable with each other, which came as a relief to the team members . And they were talking about this when Minho and Key were off for a well deserved break."I am so thankful that both of them have atleast started talking to each other. I thought that they were going to be at loggerheads for the rest of their lives." Chanyeol was telling. "Ya its true. I was worried for our team as well. It won't do good if the leader and our best dancer are always fighting or ignoring each other, though I don't understand why Minho was acting that way. Key is a pretty good guy and he is good at dancing as well." Baekhyun added."That is true. Key is as good as Sehun, if not better. He is a great replacement for Sehun. I hoped that key and minho would be as close as what minho and Sehun were, before Sehun left. Well,that doesn't seem possible right now,well it feels good to see them talking to each other. Thank god I managed to convince kai hyung to make key the lead instead of me. Atleast now they are civil with each other. i hope they become friends with time. Right now i hope that tomorrow's performance is good" Taemin wondered out loud. as the three friends were talking about the lead dancers, they hadn't noticed Minho standing outside the room, listening to the conversation.

It was their last practice before the performance, and key was nervous, and hoped that it would go well. It was only him and minho and he was waiting for the latter to come, and after a few minutes minho entered. Key thought that minho looked angry for some reason and he hardly looked at key as he was warming up. His doubts were answered when the music started and Key noticed that Minho's grip on his shoulder was way harder than what it should be. And as soon as the dance started,all Keycould do was try not to cry out in pain. Minho was being way too harsh with him, literally pushing, pulling and throwing him. More than pain, Key was in shock, Minho had never manhandled him before, even when he was bossing key around him before. He didn't understand, why he was acting this way, especially when he thought things were getting better. But at a point, Key coudn't take it anymore and he cried out in pain, during one of the lifts."Yah! Minho, stop it, you are putting too much pressure. It hurts. Let me go!" Minho glared up at him, and Key could swear he saw boiling rage in the leader's eyes. "you want me to let go? ok" Minho said and suddenly dropped him on the floor. "I am done with the practice for today." he said, before storming off the room."So much for us becoming friends." key thought bitterly, and he got up, or tried to, before falling down in pain. He realised that he had sprained his ankle, when Minho dropped him. He slowly limped his way out of the practice room, where he almost collided with jonghyun."yah! jong! why are you running?" Key asked. "Sorry, I was coming to see your practice as soon as my classes were over. Did i miss it?"Jonghyun asked."Yes, you did." Key tried to walk and winced in pain."hey! what happened? You okay?" Jonghyun asked after catching him."its nothing. I just sprained my ankle while practicing. It will be better in no time." Key lied. He didn't want his friend to know that Minho dropped him,(or literally threw him, to be precise)as he did not want another dose of what happened at the cafeteria.Violent Jong was scary, and key was better off with not seeing that part of Jong."Ok, let's go to a doctor then." Jonghyun suggested."No need for that. Its just a sprain, it happens all the time. I will be better if i rest. I am too tired, shall we head home?" key asked, and his friend nodded. Both of them went back home in a taxi, because Jonghyun did not want key to strain himself. They ordered pizza (Jonghyun said he was craving pizza, though Key knew it was so that he didn't have to cook) and watched tv before heading off to sleep.

The next morning, Key felt better, though his ankle had turned purple. He showered and dressed, and carefully wore socks over his ankle because he was sure Jonghyun would notice otherwise and fuss over it. The pain had reduced a bit, and key took painkillers, to be on the safer side. Today was the day of the performance, and no ankle sprain would come in his way. he was almighty Key after all. He talked to his grandmother who blessed him and told him to stay positive.  jonghyun was going to accompany him to the fundraiser, and kept asking if his ankle was better, and key almost regretted his decision of inviting him. As he entered the venue, Key's heartbeat picked up pace. The auditorium was huge, and a large crowd had already gathered.there was even media, covering the event. key unconsciously gripped Jonghyun's hand hard in fear. "Key! don't get nervous. I know you will rock it today. I will be cheering the loudest! fighting!" Jonghyun said, before walking away to find himself a seat. Key took a deep breath to calm himself before joining his teammates, all of them were going over the choreography once again and Key didn't join them, bacause his ankle was still hurting and he did not want to strain it too much.Minho was late, (as usual) and when he arrived, he ignored key like he was the plague. key didn't mind it though. right now, he didn't want anything to do with the other either. he was frustrated with Minho and did not want to spoil everyone's mood by fighting with him before the performance. He would deal with this guy later. Right now he had to focus on the dance. The dances started and Key realised that he was getting more nervous by the minute. And finally when their team was called, he could hear nothing but his own heartbeat. However, he also had another concern. Minho. When they all took positions, he stared into minho's eyes before whispering " please do not spoil this."Minho looked back at him with an unreadable expression, possibly thinking of a witty reply.But before he could reply, the music started. and as soon as Key started dancing, pain seared though his leg. He managed to keep his expression stoic while continuing to dance. He hoped he would last the entire dance and fear gripped his heart. He didn't want to fall down and embarass the whole team. He decided to focus on the steps and not on the pain.

On one of the jumps he landed on his hurt ankle and almost cried out in pain, but he managed to control it and convert it into a barely audible grunt. He managed to bear the pain till the very end. There was only one last jump left, and key gave it his all and jumped off his hurt ankle into the open arms of minho, glad that it was over. Minho caught the flying key perfectly and held the pose. The dance ended, and applause filled the auditorium. Minho slowly placed key on the ground, and key almost crumpled to the ground, in pain, but Minho caught him in time."What happened?" Minho asked, as he slowly helped Key out of the stage and into the green room. key didn't answer him, and minho noticed tears streaming from the dancer's eyes. "oh my god! key, What happened". Key could barely hear what the leader was telling him, he was in too much pain, and he was feeling dizzy "my ankle....hurts" he managed to stutter, before his vision blackened and everything went blank.


Well, this is another update guys. I swear Minho is not a bad person, things will be explained in consequent chapters. I worked hard and long on this chapter, and though i am not completely satisfied with it, I hope you guys like it!!

do comment what you feel about the story !comments inspire me to write better. 

i will stop chattering! bye!