A new friend

Lost and Found

Key had managed to get himself lost within the first ten minutes. "!", he cursed himself. he didnt know where he was, and the place looked deserted. "just my luck. First day and I am late!" he sighed. He was standing in an empty looking hallway and had no idea where to go. as he was just about to turn around and go somewhere else, he saw a flash, and found himself on the floor, for the second time, that day.

"yah! why is everybody running into me today?" he shouted as he stood up.

Sorry! I am really sorry I was in a hurry and I didnt notice you around the corner. I should have been more careful" th boy, who had crashed into him replied, bowing deeply. the innocent look on his face, melted key and he smiled at the slender boy." Its ok. It can happen to the best of us. its not totally your fault either. I shoudnt have stood near the corner. I am sorry". the boy smiled back in surprise, totally not expecting that reply. key chuckled at his expression, before quickly realising he was late for his audition."Well, i am new to the school, and i have a feeling i am lost. Can u tell me where the practice room 5 is?" and then he remembered he hadn't introduced himself  "And by the way, my name is kim kibum, but u can call me key!" "nice to meet you key, even though not under the most pleasant of situations." they both laughed. '" my name is Lee Taemin. and did u say practice room 5? i am headed that way, lets go, hurry! i am running late". "That would be two of us" key replied and started running towards the practice rooms. he wa relieved he found someone, cause seeing the way they were headed, he had no way of finding that place alone.he finally got there and thanked taemin, before the other ran towards wherever he was going.as soon as he saw the room, key's heart rate picked up."well now or never" he thought.


"i am sorry. i got lost and coudnt find my way. i am sorry i am late" key panted, after entering the room where the auditions were going to be held.

"its ok. it happens all the time." the choreographer smiled back at him" your name please?"

"kim kibum" key panted, his breathing slowly coming back to normal.

The choreographer scanned the list and then smiled. "ok. hi kibum. my name is kai.I will be judging your dance auditons today. I can see here that you have here for both singing as well as dancing. I will only conduct the dance auditions. Your singing auditions will be conducted at 2 pm at recording room 3." key nodded, taking in all the information.

"Anyway," kai continued,"you all probably know, but let me remind you again.You all are already admitted into the school, but these auditions will determine which dance group you will be put into. Now mind me, all of our dance groups are good, but we are looking for specific qualities for each dance group and you auditions will determine which group you are assigned into, so do give your best. all the best guys, lets start the auditions." the auditions started and key observed all of them attentively. They were all good, and key coudnt help but wonder if he was worth being in this school.iI he was worth this oppurtunity. He wanted this soo bad, but that worried him the most. The last time he had wanted something this bad,his life crashed around him. If that happens again, would he able to bear it?

."Next up, kim kibum. so, do you have your song, for your audition?"kai asked, bringing key out of his reverie.."Uh? yes, I do.here you go". Key gave the choreographer his mp3 player and pointed out the song."well, ok. you can start when you are ready. Give it your best shot".he added, giving key a reassuring smile.

Key felt nervous, but that was only until the music started. As soon as the music started, Key was lost in his own world. he moved along in perfect sync to the music, not missing a single beat. The choreography he set was hard, but Key wanted to show his best during the auditions, and he ended with a perfect pose to end the audition. he bowed and straightened, looking at the choreographer, and the other auditionees, for a reaction. All he received was dead silence.

"Was it bad? Did i screw up?"key thought, panic rising, when suddenly the hall erupted in loud applause and cheering. Kai was grinning, ear to ear."that was a great audition.You will be told which group you are in tomorrow morning. you can leave. thank you." key sighed in relief. he quickly bowed to the audience and went out of the room, feeling ecstatic. He was happy, after a really long time. He called up his grandmother, he needed to share his happiness, and who else better than his own grandmother? after all she was the only one who supported him through all of his tough times.

"hello? halmeoni? can you hear me?"

"kibum, my darling. how did your audition go?" his grandmother asked back, worry evident in her voice."well, it went really good. everyone cheered for me, it felt surreal" Key answered.

" wow! I am really happy for you! I told you that things will work our fine. have some trust in yourself kibum, and you can acheive anything"

"yes, grandmother, good things are finally happening to me" key said, but then he went quiet.

" you are thinking about the past again aren't you? how many times do i have to tell you, don't think about that. you are an amazing boy with an incredible personality. What happened in the past was a stupid mistake. You need to get over it kibum. Do not let the past devour you, son" key smiled, even though his eyes were filled with tears.Who better than his halmeoni to understand what he felt, without speaking.She was his pillar of strength and key thanked the lords for letting him have her in his life." yah! i am trying to forget about it, but you are constantly reminding me of the past, grandmother!" he joked, with a laugh." And i am trying to watch some tv, and here you are, calling me to interrupt! I amm gonna miss my 2 o clock show because of you"His grandmom retorted.

"Omo! what is the time? i have an audition at 2! grandmother, i will call you later, sorry but i got to go.Bye" key still had 10 minutes, and this time he managed to find the recording room after asking someone nearby.he realised that he was the first, cause there was no one else. "here to audition?" a voice asked suddenly, startling him. he turned around to find a boy, slightly shorter than him, looking at him with puppy like eyes. he looked so cute, that key resisited the urge to chuckle at his curious expression. "yes, i am. my name is kim kibum, but you can call me key, nice to meet you.Are you here to audition as well?".

"Hi Key. my name is Jonghyun and yes, I am here to audition as well. I am nervous as hell, I hope I dont make a fool of myself " key nodded. he was feeling a bit nervous as well. unlike dance, where you are automatically selected if you are admitted, it was different for singing.If you fail the audition, you are out, cause it is easy to autotune your admission audition tapes." Well i am sure you will do well, Jonghyun." he said, with a smile. The shorter guy smiled back. soon the teachers, and other auditionees came, and the auditions started. it was key's turn and he sang his favourite song, giving it all he had. After he finished he saw Jonghyun giving him a huge smile and a thumbs up sign, mouthing" it was awesome". key smiled back, relieved he didnt sound like a horse. He decided to wait till jonghyuns audition. when it was his turn, jonghyun looked at key, eyes silently pleading for some assurance.key gave his best smile, hoping that the shorter guy will do his audition well.however when he started singing, key's jaw dropped.

Although he seemed a nervous wreck before, when he started singing, Jonghyun created magic.key couldnt believe what he was hearing.this guys voice was angelic , the way he poured out all his emotions into the song, key could feel the emotions, and teared up. who thought this puppy had such a powerful voice! when jonghyun finished singing, key almost moaned in despair, that it had finished. jonghyun went directly to key, and both of them left the room, walking for a bit in silence. after a while, jonghyun asked," why are you not saying anything? was my audition that bad that you coudlnt come up with anything good to say?i knew it. i told my mom and sister i couldnt sing, but they didnt listen and put in my audition tape without asking. i knew my getting selected was a mistake. i shoudn't have come today."key stared back at him, shocked at the guys ignorance towards his own talent. " are you kidding me right now?" he shouted back, scaring the other with his sudden yelling." you were so good, that i am feeling a bit embarrased to think that i sang in front of you. your voice is so beautiful, and i have never heard anything so good before." a blush crept on jonghyuns face and he smiled shyly." it wasnt that good, key. dont lie".

" oh my god, and i thought i was the insecure one. jong, u were so good that i am actually happy i sang before your audition, cause surely i woudnt have had any hope of getting selected if i had sung after you.so just shut up about your apparent lack in talent and follow me. i am starving" key yelled and marched off. jonghyun stood there, shocked at the sudden outburst of key and chuckled to himself before following the other. 


key and jonghyun talked about each other while having lunch.both of them have apparently led lonely lives recently and it was nice to talk to someone who would understand their feelings. "so u live alone now?" jonghyun asked, speaking with a mouthfull of chicken in his mouth, which was disgusting to key."yes, i do.can you swallow and then speak, you are spitting food all over me." key asked. jonghyun laughed, before swallowing, and then nodded." i still live with my mother and my sister, in the next town."." the next town?, how are you possibly going to come to school everyday from there?" key asked. jonghyun snorted," key, i havent gotten in yet, and considering that i do get in,you are right, i do have to figure something out, i cant drive here everyday." jonghyun sighed." are you kidding me? if you dont get selected after that audition i am gonna sue the school on your behalf" this got jonghyun to crack a grin.A sudden idea crept to Keys mind." and why dont move into my apartment? i have an extra room to spare and wanted a roommate anyway. Why cant that be you?"jonghyun brightened up at that suggestion." that would be great key! thank you! you got one problem off my head.""what are friends for right?however, one condition. no more spitting all over your friend's face."key replied smiling."you are the best, key"jonghyun replied, eyes tearing up."yah! you puppy, no crying! you are gonna spoil my reputation!" " you have a reputation?" jonghyun smiled, his tears long forgotten." yeah, i do." key replied, glad that he could calm jonghyun down.

the rest of the day went by pleasantly, the two friends spent it exploring the school. when the school got over, and students started leaving, jonghyun turned to key and smiled at him. "its late, i gotta head home.or else i would get late." he turned round and started walking, when key realised that he didnt have the guys number. " hey wait up! give me your no. i will call you tomorrow about the results. i dont want you driving all the way here only for the results." they exchanged numbers. and jonghyun left. key left soon afterwards, walking all the way home with a smile on his face.After a long time he felt truly happy and felt like his life was taking a turn for the good. he even made a friend, which he didnt expect. key was generally an outgoing person, but his demaenour changed, after a mistake, that changed his life.He sighed, frustrated at himself for thinking about the past again." you need to get your head out of it key" he mentally scolded himself. 

he got into his apartment and decided to watch some tv. soon it became night, and key drifted off to sleep, hoping tomorrow would be as good as today, if not better.

 

hey! i am back with an update, i was trying to hold off jongkey meeting, but i coudnt help myself!well there it is, the entry of jonghyun. i hope you like this chapter.

do comment and subscribe, any suggestions are helpful.

bye!