Efforts

Lost and Found

Minho woke up the next day, with a splitting headache.He rolled around, only to fall onto the ground. he groaned and pushed himself into a sitting position, and slowly his mind cleared enough, for him to understand that he was at his apartment. He barely remembered the events of the previous night, and had no idea how he ended up at home. He cursed himself, for letting himself getting that drunk. Irresponsible idiot, he chided himself.He waddled into the kitchen, and found a weird looking drink on the counter, with a note attached to it, from Taemin."Drink it. It helps, with the hangover. Next time, I won't be around to save your . Don't dream of coming to school today, I am pretty sure, kai will whip your . You have enough bruises as it is, no need to add more. take care hyung." Minho smiled at the note. typical of taemin, he thought and drank the liquid, which was bitter as hell. "better to not know what was in that." he thought before deciding to shower and get dressed. He decided to practice some new choreography, while he was at home. He put on his playlist and started. However he froze, when the song they danced to at the fundraiser came on. He couldn't move. Images of Key with tears in his eyes because of the pain in his ankle because Minho dropped him,  was playing in his head like a loop. Minho felt the familiar feeling of guilt creeping into him. He couldn't believe Key still danced, for the team. And knowing this , he felt more guilty. Key had danced with an injury, for the team, even though it has been a horrible experience for him, due to Minho.He still hadn't figured how to face key.He knew that he had to apoligise to him, but honestly Minho did not have the courage to face the other, because facing key would also mean facing his own insecurities, and he knew he would not be able to do that, at least not now. Moreover, everyone knew he was the reason key was hurt, and he was scared to set foot into the school again. Recalling how stupid he had been, minho wanted to dig a grave and bury himself in it and rot. "oh god, this is not going to be easy." he sighed to himself.

The next day he got up early, and got ready quickly, careful to not wake taemin up and made his way to school. He did not want to meet anyone on his way to school, and decided to go to the practice room. He waited anxiously for the others to arrive. the longer he waited the more scared he got." they are going to be so angry with me." he thought to himself. after some time all of his teamates along with kai , excluding key of course, entered. Minho stiffened when he heard them entering, his back facing them. His head automatically hung down, and he turned slowly, not having the courage to lift his head. " I am sorry, guys, I know what i did was wrong, and I know you guys must be really angry with me. i will accept whatever punishment you guys want to give me.if you all want me to give up the leader role, I will do it. Just, don't remove me from the group, please." he waited with bated breath, and his worrry grew larger with every passing second. Until kai spoke up," we have a punishment for you." Minho took a sharp breath, waiting for the punishment, imagining all kinds of things. "Your punishment is to choreograph the moves for the music video you are all featuring in,entirely by yourself as I have some work in Japan, and I won't be here to choreograph the song. so you better get moving." Minho lifted his head, in utter disbelief.Chanyeol chuckled at his expression. "yah! Minho could your eyes get any bigger? you look weird." when the expression did not change, Chanyeol laughed louder. " Minho, we were selected yesterday after the performance!" taemin said, beaming. "wow ! thats great, but I am choreographing it? Is that ok?You guys are not angry with me?" minho asked sheepishly. Everyone burst out laughing at that statement, while Minho continued to stare, not understanding what was happening. "Of course we are still angry, after what you did to key, who wouldn't be? " Kai spoke up, and Minho bit his lip and looked at the floor, hoping the floor would open and swallow him. " However, we also know you are repenting your mistakes and we decided that  you received enough punishent from Jonghyun and not to give you any more." He added, gesturing to minho's face which was full of the bruises.Minho could not help smiling at that. "However, do not think we forgave you already. You will have to work hard at this music video to gain back everyone's trust that you are an able leader, Minho. Especially key." kai said, and minho nodded, his head hanging again.Kai patted his shoulder, and gave him  reassuring smile which minho returned. Soon the team was practicing some new steps and poking fun at each other, as if nothing had happened. But minho knew that he had to work hard and he was willing to give this his all. He will not screw things up again. He was informed to make a choreography with all Members in mind, as key would be back ( thank god, Minho thought, cause he wouldn't  have been able to forgive himself if key missed out on this, because of the injury) by the time the shooting happens. After the usual practice , when everyone started leaving, Minho went up to kai to ask him something. "would you mind that if instead of me or taemin, Key could be the lead of the music video choreography?" he asked. when Kai gave him a quizzical look, he hastened to explain. " i am not doing this to make him forgive me. It is just that, we could win only because of Key's bravery, and he deserves to be the lead for the video. If I suggest this, in front of others they assume that i am doing this to get a good name, but that is not true. So could you tell them that you want key to be the lead this time?" minho pleaded. Kai thought for a minute and nodded with a smile. " ok! this is a great idea!. i will tell them tomorrow that i instructed you keep key as the lead for the dance." minho gave the instructor a grateful smile before running off. He will not let his problems affect anyone ever again, he decided. He will make up for everything he did to key, when he comes back.Minho knew  he made a lot of mistakes, yes , but he always owns up to his mistakes, and will make up to it, no matter what. So that is what he decided to do, as he went off to the apartment, already coming up with plans for the choreography.