Apologies

Lost and Found

After a few days, key started going back to school, in order to resume his singing lessons. He was on a crutch and he couldn't go on long distances at a time. key was frustrated that he couldn't dance for a few weeks, but he had to agree that staying away from it gave him some time to really work on his singing, as he couldn't exactly find time for singing in the past few weeks due to the fundraiser dance. It also gave him some quality time with jonghyun. Unlike key, who was quick to make friends, jonghyun, usually kept to his work, unless key was around. the other singers, though comfortable with key, were wary of jonghyun, and key knew that most of it was coming from part jealousy. However Key wanted jonghyun to open up a little more and started trying to make him mingle with his dance mates, which so far was not working. But key was not going to give up.Both of them hadn't talked about their conversation in the hospital again, apart from jonghyun telling him what had happened between him and minho. Key was fairly surprised, he had not expected Minho to accept his mistakes and even forgive Jonghyun for hitting him, and apoligising for his mistakes was the last thing key thought he would do.Yet, Minho had surprised him. He did not know how to react to the situation, and he was actually nervous to approach minho because he did not know whether he was still angry or upset about the whole thing. Thankfully, He didn't have to meet minho for a few days after he was back though he felt a bit disappointed to not be able to see the guilt ridden face of the other. The leader had been busy with kai during the lunch breaks, when Key joined his dance team,tagging jonghyun along, in an attempt to make the singer open up and of course to catch up. All of his friends were extremely happy to see him, and chanyeol almost stamped key's ankle when he was trying to hug him the first day.Key was extremely happy to hear that they were selected for the music video. "at least my sacrifice paid off" he joked. " did you know that you are the lead of the dance key?" taemin asked, his mouth half full, his eyes beaming up at the injured boy, who nearly spat out the juice he was drinking."what? I am the lead?" he asked in shock. "yes. key. kai wanted you to lead the dance, as it was becuse of you that we could do it." baekhyun interfered, while trying to subtly steal some food from chanyeol's plate, which the giant had so far not noticed. " and Minho... he is ok with that? Or did he cause a scene?" Jonghyun asked, exactly mirroring key's train of thought. " actually, to all of our surprise, Minho is completely ok with it. To my knowledge, he has already choreographed half of the song with you in mind." taemin said, eyeing jonghyun's plate which was still full. everyone ate in silence, for a while, chanyeol still oblivious to the decreased amount of food on his plate and an increasing pile on baekhyun's. Everyone except jonghyun, who was toying with his spoon, deep in thought." are you gonna eat that?" Taemin suddenly asked the singer, who looked up as if woken up from a dream, and smiled sheepishly."yeah. I was just thinking about this situation, and i think i just got the lyrics for my new song." he suddenly jumped up from his table, running towards the recording room. taemin chuckled, looking at the empty spot in front of him." he forgot to eat in his excitement." he said. Key just sighed, it was a usual sight. Jonghyun's love for music surpassed everything else. he sometimes felt his friend would starve in his room if Key did not check up on him regularly. "aish, this kid. Always like this." key picked up the forgotten plate and tried to stand up, and then fell back down, pain shooting through his ankle." dont worry key. you rest up and finish your food. I will go and give jonghyun his food, as i am done." taemin said, patting Key's shoulder as he got up. key just nodded. He was suddenly feeling tired." yeah! i guess i will head home, as i am free after this. Just tell jonghyun i went back. " taemin nodded and left, leaving key with chanyeol and baekhyun, who were fighting.Chenyeol had finally figured out why his plate was empty, and baekhyun's still full.the both of them were bickering, and key actually found it cute. "are they both together? they would make a cute couple! Just like how we were..." key thought and suddenly sat straight up, surprised at his thoughts. he had not thought about him for a long time, what with his dance rehearsal and his injury, he didnt have the time to. and now that his thoughts came back, key felt ashamed. He suddenly felt like the cafeteria was becoming smaller, and the argument in front of him was giving him a headache. Key managed to get up with the help of his crutch and announced that he was leaving.However the other two were too engrossed in their fight, they didn't even notice key leaving. key limped his way to the stairs. He was doing this alone for the first time. he always had jonghyun toto he him through the stairs.key sighed deeply, he hated being dependent on someone, so he decided to do this alone. However while contemplating all this, Key failed to notice a huge crowd approaching him, and he suddenly got pushed forward.his heart leapt to his throat and he squeezed his eyes shut, anticipating the fall, which never came. Instead a warm hand was around his own, successfully stopping his fall. Key managed to balance himself with his good foot, and turned around to thank his saviour. There stood in front of him, Minho. he was grinning sheepishly at Key, hand still around key's wrist. "thank god i spotted you.I dont even want to imagine what would happened otherwise." minho said, a small smile tugging at his lips. "its ironic that you saved me, considering that you are the reason i am in this position in the first place." key retorted.Minho smile dissappeared and he removed his grip from Key's hand. Key knew he had been too harsh, but looking at minho, he suddenly felt angry. However it was not because of what Minho did. it was because Key suddenly realised that minho had been avoiding him for the past few days, when it should have been otherwise. key felt like he was not given the chance to be angry with Minho, because he never saw the other. Call it stupid, but key wanted to have that power over the leader. and he was denied of it, and that made him angry.he continued staring at the other, who was looking at his legs. after what seemed like an eternity, minho finally spoke up." Can you spare me a few minutes? I need to talk to you." he said, his eyes still on his feet."I am busy, but i guess i can spare a few minutes" Key lied back. Minho did not have to know that key was extremely free. Key wanted to make Minho feel like he was being considerate and he knew he acheived that. Minho looked at him with so much of gratitude that Key almost lost his cold facade. Almost.

the two of them managed to find a quiet corner,outside in the grass lawn. Minho helped key sit down on the bench, before seating himself next to him, carefully maintaining a distance between the two of them, which almost made key laugh out loud."so what was it you wanted to say, that you couldn't say before and why had you been avoiding me for the past few days ? " key asked trying to sound nonchalant, but he guessed minho found out he was angry. "key.... I am sorry. i am sorry for everything.I was a horrible person to you. I treated you like you didn't have any worth, but it is not like that. You are an amazing person, and i am sorry i was late to realize it. I know you would want reasons as to why i acted like I did, and though i really wish i could tell you, i don't think I have the courage to tell you yet. I know it's a lot to ask, since my actions have caused way too much damage, and i know nobody will just forgive my actions, especially when i am not giving reasons, but i will still ask for your forgiveness. And I have been avoiding you for the past few days, because i was trying to muster up enough courage to face you after what happened. believe me when I tell you, Not even in my dreams, i wanted things to end like this. And when i realised that my stupid actions landed you in the hospital, i was too ashamed to face you.I really am very sorry, Kibum.I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive me." he finished, looking up at key, who was sporting a weird expression, as if he was going to burst out in anger or something. Minho sighed, he knew this wouldn't work out. Key deserved an explanation but Minho knew he wouldn't be able to give one right then. But he knew he had to try it once, at least now, he will be able to sleep at night, knowing he had tried. " I understand, if you do not forgive me. It was too much to ask." key still gave him the same look, and minho was feeling more embarassed by the minute."I...... I will leave, and tell taemin that you are here, maybe he can take you home." Minho stammered, and quickly got up to leave, but before he could leave, Key's voice stopped him in his tracks. "why taemin? if this whole mess is your fault, shouldn't you take up the responsibility and drop me home yourself?" he asked, anger laced in his voice. minho looked at him with a quizzical expression, and that's when Key lost it.He burst out laughing, much to Minho's horror.he wheezed, clutching his abdomen.Key had been trying not to laugh for a long time. "sorry! Its just that i never imagined you talking to me in a civil way, much less apoligizing. You look so funny, i couldn't open my mouth without bursting out in laughter" he managed to say in between his chortles. when he finally mangman to calm down, Minho was still looking at him in surprise, and key chuckled softly before saying," i guess i forgave you the minute jong landed that punch on your face" minho smiled to himself." well thank god, jonghyun hit me then.Moreover i deserved that" he said."you did" key agreed and both of them laughed again.after the laughter died down, minho opened his mouth to speak but key spoke first."listen, i know we didn't start off on good terms, but i feel we should let bygones be bygones. lets start afresh. My name is kim kibum and i am a member of sapphire dance group." Minho chuckled before saying,"my name is Minho, and i am also a dancer from sapphire" ama gave out his hand to shake which key gladly took. Key was beginning to feel that things could work out between the both of them, and forced his thoughts from the cafeteria to the deepest corners of his brain.Right now, he did not want to think about it.it was the past.

"So are you going to drop me home or what?"key asked and Minho laughed before nodding."yes let's go"