Friends.... And a foe?

Lost and Found

key woke up the next day, feeling extremely anxious. today was the day when he finds which group he would be dancing in, and that if had got into the music classes.

he suddenly felt stupid for insisting jonghyun stayed at home today. he suddenly felt alone, scared.He jumped when he heard his phone ring.he looked at the caller id, and smiled when he saw jonghyun's name on it.

"hey key! good morning! How are you?"jonghyun asked."you saw me just yesterday jong, i am obviously not dying"."did you call me jong?" a small voice asked key.

key laughed, an honest, hearty laugh, after a long time."yes i did, u idiot. why, you dont like it? its just cause your name is too long for my liking."

"no i like it. its just that no one calls me that. anymore"jonghyun replied. key didnt miss the wistful longing in his voice. and also the way jonghyun said 'anymore'. key knew there was something the shorter guy wasn't telling him, but key didn't want to pry, cause he had his own secrets and could perfectly understand what the other felt.

"well, get used to it, cause that is what i am going to call you from now on.anyway, isnt it early to call me for asking about the results, school starts only at 9 am you know." key said, noticing it was only 7:30."i didnt call you to ask about the results. i called you to wish you all the best. it is your first official day at school anyway, since you are already there for dance. so i called to encourage you. i am sorry, was i disturbing you?" jonghyun asked.

"no silly, i was just kidding. thanks for the wish. I know i would be telling you the same thing when i call to tell you about you getting into the school."

"yah, you keep talking like i am already in. you are only getting my hopes up unnecessarily.stop it" "i am telling the truth. anyway i will call you after looking up the results, i am sorry for cutting the conversation short, but i really need to go shower."

"yeah, go ahead. i will talk to you later. bye"

key was glad jonghyun called. he no longer felt scared.he went in to shower, and got dressed.key decided to wear a grey loose hoodie, with black tight jeans. he walked to school, his steps getting faster and longer. he was really excited to find out which group he was in. hew finally got to the school and found out where the audition results were being displayed.He first towards the singing audition results. he scanned the top of the list and sure enough there was jonghyun's name, jong had topped, he knew it. he hurriedly called his friend up, who picked up on the first ring,"oh my god, dont tell me, i dont want to know."jonghyun was obviously extremely anxious.key chuckled at his innocence."ok, i wont tell you that came first and are obviously selected, just like i said you would be.". he was greeted with dead silence."uh...jong...? jonghyun? u there?". when key was starting to get worried, another voice spoke through the phone." hello, this is jonghyun's sister here. sorry, but my brother is in deep shock. did he not get in?" key smiled wide."Quite the contrary, actually. he came first".."oh thank god! i knew it would happen.thank you". key heard shuffling in the background, apparently his friend was out of his haze."hey give it here. Oi! key, tell me, are you in?" key realised he hadnt checked if he was in. he started the scanning the list, and did not find his name in the list. key's heart sank. he had worked hard for it."i...i didnt get in..jong."key said."key... wait.....take a deep breth and look at the list again.. you may have missed your name out. do it for me please."key complied, took a deep breath and scanned the list scanning from the bottom this time, he almost lost hope when he reached the top and then suddenly saw his name just below jonghyun's. he hadnt seen it cause it was just below jonghyun's."jong..."he started but he was cut off."its ok key. dont worry. you are already there in dance so its not like you are not in the school so dont worry, we can meet all the time.."

"jong... i got in" key interrupted."you... what? oh my god? wow! awesome key,thats great. i am so happy ! we both got in.yay!" key chuckled."ok jong, unlike you, i have school today as well... so i will call you later. congratulations on getting in.""congratulation to you too key.Bye"

key walked towards the dance results... he found his name under a group called sapphire. he was the only addition to the group, and key felt uneasy, because he would be the only new one. well that coudn't be changed could it?.he quickly fillled the last minute allotment forms and stuff for both the courses and then finally got a campus map. he walked towards the rehearsal and suddenly heard a voice calling him."key? kim kibum?" key turned around to face a familiar face, flushed red because of running."hello! Taemin! didnt expect to see you so soon" the other boy laughed before saying," you will be seeing a lot of me from now on key." key was confused and it must have been evident on his face cause taemin started laughing harder."what do you mean?"he asked."I said we will be meeting a lot. For practice. Welcome to sapphire"he finally said with a glint in his eye.Realisation dawned on key and he  smiled widely" you are a member of sapphire! wow! i never thought that i would already know a member! atleast i wont be completely uneasy for being the only new member.".

"dont worry. all the members are quite friendly, especially our leader, minho. i bet you would become instant friends." key hoped so too.he hoped that he could have good friends and have a fun time in school.thats all he ever wanted. a peaceful life, one he had never experienced before.but everything has to start somewhere and key hoped it was the start of a happy life for him. so his thoughts filled with optimism, key headed off to the rehearsal room with his fellow member, eager to start dancing.


key walked into the practice room, feeling nervous. taemin gave him a pat on the back."hey guys " taemin started, but then realised that no one else was even glancing towards them. Taemin blushed tomato red and tried again.

"yah! you idiots! being civil with you guys is not worth it. you have to make me shout at you this way, in front of the new member." the other guys froze and then turned round to look at keys face. key was looking down, embarrased and scared. "hey" taemin nudged him."introduce yourself"."hello. nice to meet oyu. my name is kim kibum. i am the newest member to your team. Please take good care of me." he bowed.

"You are being too formal. That is not necessary. We are teammates.... And that automatically makes us friends.i am Chanyeol. Nice to meet you." He smiled."For once, this idiot is correct. I am Baekhyun, nice to meet you. Kim kibum"he offered his hand which key took immediately.he smiled at the two members and said," you can call me key". The other two nodded, and then taemin asked "where is Minho? He was supposed to be here 10 minutes ago." " I am sorry, Tae.. there was a minor mishap at the cafeteria and someone spilled juice all over my shirt. So I had to go change.is this the new member? Hello my name is Minho". Key, who was having his back turned to the leader, smiled and turned around and was about to greet the leader when he recognised him and his smile faltered. He was staring right into 'frog face', the one who bumped into him outside the school.the other recognised him too and his already big eyes widened, his lips forming an O and he raised a finger at key and muttered."you!" Key remembered their conversation from yesterday. He suddenly felt guilty for calling the other guy frog face. That was really wrong. But he couldn't help himself. His past experiences have taught key to build walls around him, and he became extremely aggressive when he felt threatened. So key just blinked at the taller guy, bringing up an apologetic smile and said " hello, my name is Kim kibum.I..."

" I don't care who you are, but why are you here? " Minho snorted," don't tell me you are the newest member to our group.wow, you have some guts, coming here after what u did. Kai has a really bad sense of humour,putting you in sapphire and trying to make us all look like fools. I will not agree to this.i am going to go talk to him, and get this guy out of the group." Saying this Minho stormed off.key was hurt by his words, but soon his hurt turned to boiling rage. But before he could go and slap Minho senseless a hand caught his elbow. He turned around to see taemin smiling at him sheepishly."he isn't usually like that.i am sorry.I don't know what got into him." 

Key sighed." We already met each other. And not under good circumstances." The others looked him curiously. "Yesterday outside the school gate, Minho bumped into me and I fell down. And in the heat of things, I may have called him some names" key said feeling ashamed. " What did you call him? " Chanyeol asked. " I called him frog face" there was a pin drop silence. " I know you all probably hate me now. But I was angry and I don't normally have control over my mouth when i am angry.i was going to apologize, but before I could, he said all those things and stormed off." Baekhyun suddenly caught key's hand and smiled." It isn't your fault. It's ok. These mistakes happen. And anyway, he does resemble a frog." All of them snickered. " Don't worry we will talk to him and hopefully this will work out.and don't worry you won't be locked out of the team." key smiled.they all talked to each other and laughed together. Key showed them his dancing and they were impressed. They were all discussing about what kinds of dances they liked when Minho came in, all sullen. "I couldn't get you off the team. So, practice tomorrow morning at 9 am." He said looking directly at key. Key nodded." You can leave now, you have no other work here" key wanted to argue but Chanyeol beat him to it" key is a member here, and he has every right to watch all of our practices, and so he will." Minho glared at him and then shrugged. Key scooted to the corner and watched them practice.he was fascinated, individually all of them were good, bit together, this team created magic. They were in sync, perfectly following the beats.he was mesmerized. And he had to admit even Minho was good. But he would never tell that to his face. After the practice got over, Minho stormed off again.after talking to the other members, even he left for home. After reaching the apartment, he called up jonghyun, who again picked up on the first ring. " Do you sit around waiting for my call? " Key asked. " No. I was playing a game on the mobile. Anyway how was your day?" Jong asked." It was fun " key answered, too worn out to discuss about frog face and his stupidity." And by the way, when are you shifting here, now that you are in." Key asked " I was thinking I would come over with my things tomorrow evening. Is that fine?" "Sure, no problem. I am happy to have a roommate, and him being a friend is even better.i will be waiting for you tomorrow" key said. They both talked a bit more about the rent and other important details and then hung up.key then proceeded to cook dinner. After eating he took a shower and went to sleep. He was still worried about Minho, but glad that the other members welcomed him happily. "Well hopefully we can sort out our differences tomorrow" key thought and dozed off.

another update for you guys. Well Minho and key haven't started out on good terms. What will happen to the team? Will they be able to make Minho understand? Well you will find out in upcoming chapters.