Slurred emotions

Lost and Found

Nothing. That was what Minho wanted to feel. For one day, no pain. That's what he thought he would get when he entered the club, with the intention of getting wasted, so that the pain would go away. He downed drink after drink, his vision blurring more and more after every shot, his body swaying. It was when he was struggling to get up from his own chair, that the bartender decided to call someone to get him home safely. 

That was how, after 30 minutes, taemin walked into the club, eyes searching for his taller friend. And when taemin spotted Minho, crouched over one of the tables, trying to buy another drink from the bartender, he was shocked. The reserved, responsible Minho who never had more than one drink at a time, because he did not like to lose control, was in front of his eyes, entirely wasted, barely able to form a coherent sentence. Taemin walked over quickly and called out to his friend. "Hyung? What are you doing here? " Minho turned to look at taemin, and gave him a bright smile. "Hi ! Taemin! I came here to get drunk. *hiccup* but this guy isn't giving me anything to drink *hiccup* I don't think he likes me. But then no one actually likes me, the Loner Minho" said Minho and then started giggling, and soon it turned to loud laughter. Taemin looked at the bartender and gave him an apologetic smile. " He doesn't drink so much usually.his body is over reacting. I apologize for his behaviour". The bartender just shrugged. "Believe me when I say it, I have met worse. Just get your friend back home safely. " 

Taemin turned to catch Minho staring at him , dazedly. "Yah! You are on medication. Why did you go and get yourself drunk ah? Wait here for a few minutes, Minho. Don't move. I will go call a cab." Taemin turned but was stopped when Minho gripped his hand. He turned back to find Minho gazing up at him, " don't go. Taemin" he said, his smile completely leaving his face. " Yah! Minho I will be back in a few minutes. Wait here" taemin said, and as soon as he said those words, to his horror, he saw tears filling minho's eyes " you don't want to see me right? You are *hiccup*  going to leave me alone and go right? You also started hating me , like everyone else, don't you? . I knew it." Tears were freely falling from his eyes and taemin froze. He had never, ever seen Minho cry, not even once. " Minho! I am not leaving you. I am going to call a cab. I will be back before you know it. Just sit here for a few minutes please." Taemin gave  his friend a sincere smile, and after a few seconds Minho nodded. Taemin left to get a cab, a hundred emotions attacking him at the same time. Sure, he was beyond angry and shocked when he found out key was injured because of Minho. He hadn't expected Minho to actually hurt him, even though he knew Minho hated Key. And when jonghyun beat him up, he couldn't help but feel a bit satisfied, that Minho was actually being put into his place. What did not amaze him though was that, Minho had accepted all of those kicks and punches, not bothering to hit back or even defend himself, when he could have easily hurt jonghyun.That was the Minho he knew, the one who accepted his mistakes, not the irritating blockhead he had been for the past few weeks. Taemin had started to think that the old Minho was back And yet here he was, completely wasted and even crying, both of which he had never done before. Minho was the sensible one, the one that always got Taemin out of trouble, the one who was always around to provide a shoulder to cry on. He was the one who always helped others. And yet, here he was drunk, and crying, blabbering all kinds of nonsense and obviously in pain and taemin felt so helpless, not knowing what was the matter. Taemin called the cab and came back inside to find Minho giggling at his own hands. Taemin smiled. He had never seen Minho so..... Carefree. The leader was always conserved, even with taemin. The only one who could unwind him had been their previous member sehun. Ever since he left the team, Minho closed up even more. He was still helpful and sweet, but, his smiles were forced and never reached his eyes, and though Minho was good at hiding it, taemin had noticed that something was wrong ever since. Along with the help of the bartender taemin managed to haul his friend into the cab, and got in himself after thanking the bartender. All through the ride taemin was looking at Minho... Who had dozed off, occasionally giggling in his sleep. 

He managed to drag the half awake drunken Minho into their shared apartment. He pushed Minho into the couch and went into the kitchen to get some water for both of them. When he came out he did not find Minho anywhere. He heard sounds from the bathroom and ran towards it to find Minho heaving. He sat down and patted minho's back as he emptied all the drinks he had downed that night. He helped him back into the couch and gave him water.when he thought Minho was back to his senses, he spoke " what happened Minho, why did go to the club alone? And why the hell did you drink so much? Huh? It's not like you to lose control like that. What got over you? Don't you remember you need to take medicines? why are you so careless nowadays?" there was no reply for a few minutes and taemin almost thought the elder had slept , but softly Minho mumbled something completely unrelated,"what did I do wrong taemin?" his eyes were still closed and taemin blinked at the leader, not understanding what he was referring to. Minho opened his eyes suddenly, and taemin saw tears glistening in hsi eyes. "whatever I do, the pain doesn't go away, tae."  taemin scooted over closer to his friend and crouched down in front of him. "I tried everything, I really did. I thought it was gone,but it only got worse. I don't know how to escape this. I..... just want the pain to go away." By this time minho was crying, clenching his chest as he gave out loud, painful sobs. looking at his 'ever in control' friend, look so vulnerable, it broke taemin's heart. he realised that Minho has been going through something all alone. he felt like a bad friend, for not looking out for him, when Minho was always around when the younger needed him. taemin choked down his own tears as he pulled Minho into a bear hug, patting his back, trying to soothe him. "shh... its ok Minho... its ok" he kept whispering into the other's ear. "it hurts tae, make it go away." minho kept mumbling, until the alcohol took its full effect and minho slowly dozed off, slumping into taemin's shoulder, the tears still flowing. taemin gently laid him into the couch and fetched him a blanket. Taemin decided he would keep a close look on his friend from now on. He had to find out what was happening.He sure as hell knew Minho was not going to tell him, he was too stubborn for his own good sometimes. He went off to bed, hoping key was feeling better, and that he would have reached home with a hopefully composed jonghyun.