Wrong Place, Wrong Time.

Lost and Found

Days passed by, and finally Key could start dancing. however he had to focus more on his singing as well, and had his plate full.But key was able to manage. And he had to admit minho was a huge reason why. The leader stayed true to his words, and never troubled Key again and even helped out key whenever he could, cancelling his practices when he was tired and helping him out with all of his steps when he was finding it difficult. key was actualy surprised at the 180 degree shift in minho's behaviour. It was new to him, The kind version of Minho, that in the starting few days, Key was actually taken aback by it, to the point it was awkward between the two of them and Key tried to avoid having 1-o-1 conversations with him. It was one of such days, when Minho had called him out to speak with him alone regarding a particular routine, and Key came up with an excuse to leave him, trying to ignore the crestfallen face of minho as he weaved past the students in the corridor, towards for his singing classes, which were after an hour. While he was waiting outside the said class, in a bench, a voice called him out.

"so this is what you ditched Minho for. Staring at the wall. I can totally understand the urgency fo the situation. you absolutly can not avoid staring at the wall, while Minho thinks you still hate him" Key turned his head to look at taemin, who surprisingly rolled his eyes at the other, before taking a seat next to him. "cut the sarcasm tae." key warned, feeling a bit embarrased at being caught. "i will, once you tell me what's going on. you are avoiding Minho and he thinks its his fault" taemin retorted. "i am not avoiding him. i dont hate him. uh..... it's just that, Min......minhoisactingweird" key blabbered at the end of the sentence. Taemin just stared at him, his expression lost." what?" key sighed before speaking."minho is acting weird. he is being too... nice.He doesn't scold me or try to outdo me or anything. and he always notices when i am tired and tells me to take rest. he just doesn't seem like the cold hearted Minho i knew before.And i am actually scared to talk to him because i feel like i am talking to an entirely new person and its creepy." key said, knowing taemin was going to think he had lost his mind. however taemin was actually smiling at key. " You are currently seeing the real Minho. The caring and understanding friend that is beneath all the cold facade and outward hardness.it must seem weird, as you have never seen this side of his, but get used to this. Because if Minho wants to befriend you, he will go to any length to earn your trust. And considering your past with him, i know his efforts will be doubled.I hope he succeeds, and you both end up as friends. He needs a good friend and you can be that." Key looked at him in shock. " but tae, i thoght you were his best friend. Taemin sighed, " i am his closest friend now, but that was only after Sehun left.A year back, Sehun and Minho were inseparable, attached to the hip. They both were amazing dance partners, and our group was always the best. But one day sehun said he was leaving the team, to pursue his dreams in the US and left us. All of us knew that it was the best decision for Sehun but that didn't mean it would hurt less. All of us were saddened, because Sehun was an amazing friend, and of course, Minho was affected the most. Despite what they claimed i Knew something was definitely off with them, even when we all went to see him off at the airport, Minho did not come with us, citing some personal commitment.Something was wrong, and minho was not telling us. That is when he plunged himself into the dance team, and reduced all of his social activities.He stopped talking to people who were not in the team, and became reserved and thoughful. Everyone thought it was because he missed sehun but deep down, i knew there was something else. I asked him, but he became angry, to be honest that was the first time he ever raised his voice against me, And so we all decided to never talk about Sehun around minho again. The team was affected by the loss of Sehun and as the leader, Minho had to face all the criticism. he remained stoic on the outside, but I knew he was crumbling inside, and I also knew that he wouldn't tell me anything, because for him i will always be a young brother, the one who should do the complaining and not the other way around. he never spoke about his feelings with anyone, except Sehun, who left. We were all hoping that the next dancer, would bring some freshness to the team, and though you did, Minho's reaction was unexpected. None of us understand why he was acting that way, and i guess we will never know. However, on the bright side, i can see that he is trying to get into your good books, and that is a good thing.I can see a little bit of his old self coming out, so yeah. oh my god, i am rambling aren't I?: taemin chuckled, his cheeks getting red at the realization that he spoken all of his thoughts out to the dancer. Key just laughed and patted his shoulder.He never knew that Minho had been through a lot before he came into the picture.He guessed that when key was added to the group Minho felt like like he was a replacement for his lost friend and flipped out."whatever, the reason i am just glad Minho is no longer using me as a basket ball.and i am still trying to understand and get used to Minho 2.0, so yeah forgive me for acting weird around him " key said and both of them chuckled."A sudden thought struck Key." tae, what are you doing here anyway?" taemin visibly stiffened, his cheeks painted a deep shade of pink. "I.... I just ..... came..... to..to see someone." he stammered causing key to chuckle in amusement."taemin is here to meet his girlfriend isn't he? tell me who it is?" taemin shook his head wildly, and key thought he couldn't get redder. taemin dashed out as fast as posible, leaving behind a laughing key.

soon key started getting used to this new version of Minho and they both had a comfortable air around them. They didn't become the best of friends, but atleast they were cooperating with each other, which was a great start. Key only now noticed how great a leader Minho was. And how great a choreographer as well. While key had been injured, Minho had choreographed the dance for their music video, including Key's part as the lead. To say it was beautiful was an understatement. And when key suggested some minor changes to the routine, Minho was more than happy to comply.Earlier Key thought Minho was being too sweet to him just in order to please him, but later realised that it was how Minho was all the time. Key was finally feeling that things were falling back into place and he hoped things would always be this good.

The music Video was shot perfectly and Sapphire group was finally getting back their fame, all thanks to the hard work of all the members, especially key and Minho.But this also meant they had started receiving a lot of performance offers at various events.it was one of such offers, in which the group had to perform in a cultural get together at one of the most prestigious universities in the country.It was a priviledge to get such an oppurtunity and the dance team was working hard day and night for the same.it was a diffficult month for key who also had exams for his singing. He also felt that he was barely talking to Jonghyun at this point, and he felt a bit guilty for the same. He knew his friend barely talked to anyone besides himself. So he was surprised to find jonghyun along with his dance maes during one lunch hour. It was a long time since he last had lunch with his friends. he spent all his lunches with kai, trying to catch up with missed practices due to his singing exams and stuff. Kai scolded him saying he was working too hard but key didn't mind. he was determined to make both his dancing and singing work. Today he had been forced to take the lunch off, Kai literally begging him to stay off his back. so as he made his way to the cafeteria and he found jonghyun animatedly talking to baekhyun about some thing,while sitting in Minho's place as the leader was off for some work, key was momentarily stunned. he just stood there gaping at his friends, until chanyeol motioned for him to come over. "finally, I felt like i haven't seen you in months"  jonghyun exclaimed, when key took a seat beside him, staring at jonghyun as if he was from another planet."yah! why are you staring at me like that?" his friend questioned, hand reaching his face to check of there was something on it."you are sitting here. with my dance mates."key stated the obvious and Jonghyun just gave him a confused look, however chanyeol laughed. " he was sitting alone and eating, looking like a lost puppy until taemin went over and asked him to join us. he did and continued joining us ever since."Key then proceeded to look at taemin, who smiled at him and then back to jonghyun who just shrugged."how come you never talked more than a few minutes to them when i tried to make you get along with them, and then you just come out and befriend them when taemin asks you too?" key asked. His pride was hurt. He couldn't believe taemin had managed to accomplish in a few days what he himself couldn't do for a few months. His friends just laughed it off, while baekhyun added." i think one of the reasons he got along with us for the past few days was because you weren't there key." key looked flabbergasted, while taemin just said."who do you think we were talking about all this time?" all the while smirking at key. key then threw his spoon over at taemin while the other just continued laughing.Key was just happy that jonghyun made new friends, other than him.

the day when they would finally perform in the cultural get-together arrived, and key was very much excited. He had a small solo part in this choreography and he was excited about the same. It was his biggest stage so far, and he hoped everything would be perfect. So as they took the stage, he was nervous and excited at the same time 

To say Minho was nervous would be an understatement.This was their biggest stage after a year, and he knew their reputation rested on this one performance.his heart was thumping so loud as they all took the stage. he seemed to relax as soon as the music started and he started dancing, getting lost in the rhythm. towards the end, it was time for key's solo act. at this point Minho relaxed, he knew key could pull this off. he was after all their best dancer. Nothing prepared him for he saw though. Around midway through the performance, Key just froze. he just stood there, like someone had hit the stop button. the music continued playig while minho saw with growing terror as their best dancer just stood there, in the middle of the stage, like a statue. however soon, Minho had a sudden idea, and got up, and danced,making it look like it was a part of the performance, it was predetermined for key to stop. It looked like Key had turned into a statue,he kept staring at a particular place. Minho managed to save the performance with his presence of mind, and the applause was thunderous as the screen came down. everyone got up and went to key who still stood there in shock.kai came up to the stage and literally dragged key back into the dressing room, face contorted in fury. key just stood there, expressionless."what happened out there? do you know that you single handedly almost managed to spoil the whole performance? what got into you? you just froze in the middle of the stage key! do you have any idea what could have happened if minho did not have the presence of mind to save the dance?Key! I am talking to you dammit! KEY ANSWER ME! " kai bellowed, his face red in anger. however all this seemed to have no effect on key, who still stood there not reacting to anything. Minho suddenly looked towards kai." kai. can i talk to key alone?could all of you please step outside ?" he asked calmly. Everyone looked a bit skeptical, but left anyways. minho locked the door and walked towards key. 

Minho had noticed that for the first time Key actually looked scared.When he froze mid performance, his face had fear written all over it.Minho had never seen Key look scared even when Minho dealt harshly with him. so he instantly knew that there was something serious this time around, for key to suddenly stop like that and he knew that shouting at him will be fruitless.he walked over to key who stood there in the same position, and hesitated for a few seconds before pressing his palm against key's shoulder. "are you okay key?" he asked softly. and to his horror, Key turned to look at him his eyes filled with tears. "key! what happened? are you okay?' minho repeated the question and that is when key completely broke down, falling to the ground, loud sobs escaping his mouth. "he ........he is here." key whispered, knees pulled up to his chest. he was swinging back and forth, while minho just looked at him in shock. "he came back. he... he is here."


this chapter came out longer than expected! anyways i hope you enjoyed it

please do comment! comments make my day!