Unstable Equilibrium

Lost and Found

The next morning, key woke up to find jonghyun attempting to cook breakfast for both of them.Key was hesitant to approach him, not knowing how he would react, and figured he would freshen up before talking to his friend. he was in the bathroom, soaping his face, when he suddenly heard a loud crash. He ran out to find jonghyun staring at the ground."what happened jong? i heard something..." key looked at the floor, and found the pan and its contents, on the floor. The expression on his friend's face, was enough to crack him up. Key heaved and wheezed, not able to contain the laughter. jong looked up at him in irritation,"yah! what is so funny? i just dropped our breakfast. And now i have to clean everything as well" Jonghyun stopped, stared at key for two seconds and burst out laughing next. Now it was key's turn to look at the other with surprise."your face........you still have soap on" jonghyun managed to wheeze out, clenching his stomach. key found himself reddening, and then rushed to the bathroom to wash his face. This small accident seemed to calm the tension between the two friends, and they cleaned up and ate cereal ( there was no time to cook anything after the mishap). Key noticed that the singer was cautiously trying to not bring up the events of the previous day, and key complied. he figured that he would talk when he felt like, and forcing things would only backfire.as they entered school, however, before key left to the dance practice, jonghyun held his hand and said,"if minho continues to treat you this way, complain to the authorities... or else i will" key nodded. 

However, it seemed like jonghyun had managed to make a point, and minho, stopped bothering him. actually, then on, Minho completely ignored him, only talking to him if he had to, and never else. he even stopped overloading him with work. and starting giving him the same workload as the others .Key didn't mind, because he had too much of work, juggling between his dance and music classes, to even think why minho was acting that way. he just felt minho didn't like him since he had insulted him on their first meeting.Key had never apoligised for that incident, because he felt minho treating him like more than compensated for what he had said. So this behaviour continued, with Minho and key ignoring each other. However both of them always tried to outdo each other professionally, albeit subtly.key never made a mistake, so that minho could never point him out, and the leader too never made a mistake when key was around. It kind of became like a small competition between the two, and they were always on the lookout to notice each other's mistakes. this underlying current bothered the other members, but they didn't mention it out loud and tried their best to soften the mood, which was always tense, when the two were around each other. This generally meant taemin or baekhyun talking to key while chanyeol tried to keep Minho occupied, during breaks.They were worried about the group, and wondered what would the future bring with these two ignoring each other. 

The professional rivalry between Minho and key was highlighted when the members were told to choose the dance style for their next performance for a cancer awareness fund raiser.this was an important event for the school, because this performance , though being for a fundraiser, was also a test ground for the dance groups of the school. the best dance crew would get a chance to collaborate with a celebrity in their next video, so all the groups wanted to present their best.Sapphire too wanted to do the same, and thus decided to hold a meeting along with their choreographer/instructor kai to decide the style they would be performing."i feel it would be best for us to do a hip hop routine.it is our strong point, and we have been doing it for a long time, it would be the best style for us to showcase."minho stated. everyone nodded, everyone except key."i feel that we should set a contemporary routine. we are performing at a fundraiser for cancer easearch and i think a contemporary routine would really fit the same. moreover, i think, we should go ouside our comfort zone, to impress the audience."key said."no way! we can't risk something that we are not the best at, for such an important oppurtunity. it would be a stupid mistake." minho countered."the audience would be expecting a hip hop performance from us, we should surprise them with a diiferent genre, to prove to them that we are a versatile group."key argued. and so the argument continued, to the point where the two were literally screaming at each other. That is when Kai decided to interrupt." stop it, both of you" minho and key stopped, as if suddenly realising where they were. "let the other members have a say too. Raise you hands if you feel we should go a contemporary routine. Two hands shot up. Baekhyun and Taemin raised their hands. Minho looked at taemin as if he was punched in the face.key smiled, he had won, this time. Kai continued." well I am sorry minho, but I  agree with key too, you should step up the game, and what better oppurtunity than this to prove your worth. Contemporary it is then. I will set a routine for you guys by tomorrow. You may disperse." Everyone started to leave, and minho waited till only taemin and he were left before he grabbed the former's wrist and yanked him towards himself."ouch! let go minho that hurts!" taemin whined."How could you do that to me? how could you choose key over me? barely two months since the guy came, and you already left me for him?" minho asked him, his voice low." what the hell are you blabbering? i didn't choose key over you. i just wanted to do a contemporary routine, it was nothing related to you or key. don't make this personal." taemin, tried to reason with his friend, failing miserably."how can i not make this personal? how? especially, when you no longer have time to spend with me, because you have to either talk to key or help key and carry key around in your little bag?" minho asked,  growing angrier by the minute, his grip on his friend tightening.it was taemin's cry of pain that finally brought the leader out of his trance, and he left taemin's wrist."what the hell is wrong with you? why are you behaving like this minho?if you avoid key all the time, obviously i will have to help him out. the guy's life is difficult as it is.if you wanted to spend time with me you could have told me. why are suddenly acting like a kid? oh god. i am sick and tired of your behaviour minho. stop this.can't you see its hurting the team?since when did you become so selfish?"taemin asked. he was losing his patience with this guy." i am leaving, Minho, and don't worry, you will always be my friend, even if you are acting like a fool these days. i will talk to you again when you come back to your senses." saying this taemin walked away, leaving minho looking at his hands and not noticing the lone tear escaping minho's eyes.