Six

[CHANBAEK] B's Tiny Little Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun gathered his team and assigned each of them their works. The launching event is only 3 weeks away and they really need to work hard and don’t slack off for the event to be successful. As the CEO Chanyeol said, the event will have many important VVIPs so they can’t slack off, even for a bit. After done, he sat down on his cubicle and continued doing his works when Chanhee dropped a white envelope on his desk.

 

He picked it up and raised his eyebrows at his friend.

 

“What is this?”

 

“Open it. The manager asked me to give one for me and one for you.” Chanhee said.

 

Baekhyun immediately opened the envelop and read the content.

 

“We will go for Wedding Planner’s Course?!” Baekhyun freaked out. Everybody in the company knew how tough it is to be a wedding planner. Sometimes the brides are so feisty and demanding especially when the clients are celebrities or the daughters of powerful figure. A few of his friends in that department resigned because they can’t take the pressure anymore.

 

Who can be patient when their clients ripping their supposedly wedding dress a week before their wedding date? Not Byun Baekhyun.

 

“Yes.” Despite for Baekhyun’s dislikes for the wedding planner, Chanhee on the other hand was looking at the piece of paper with the twinkling eyes. Baekhyun looked at his friend, confused.

 

“Don’t tell me you actually like this?” Baekhyun gritted his teeth. Actually he kind of knew where is this conversation going.

 

“C’mon! This will be fun you know, you help the brides and the grooms setting up their dream wedding and although it is tiring, you will be so satisfied at the end when you saw the newlywed’s happy face. Chanhee’s eyes twinkled again. Baekhyun sighed.

 

“You asked the manager to put my name in the list too, right?” he asked the younger.

 

“Hmm, are you going to be angry if I say yes?” Chanhee looked at Baekhyun’s face, trying to read the elder’s mood.

 

“Yes!”

 

“Then, nope. I am not the one who is responsible for your name to be put on the list.” Chanhee stuck his tongue out and then he quickly went out to have a lunch with his fiancé, afraid of Baekhyun’s wrath. Baekhyun sighed and he re-read the letter over and over again, still can’t accept the truth that was just thrown on his face.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol entered his favourite restaurant with his “girlfriend” linking arm with him. The staff there led them to Chanyeol’s favourite spot. They talked to each other while waiting for the waiters to bring their foods. Kyungsoo said today he will serve a new menu that he had been experimented for a few weeks. Chanyeol trusted Kyungsoo, so he agreed and waited patiently.

 

“Oppa, let’s go for vacation?” Hyujin asked, slightly pouting to make Chanyeol agree. She just finished her drama and to be honest she was tired. She just wanted to go travels somewhere with Chanyeol.

 

“Hyujin…,” Chanyeol sighed. “You know I am busy right now, right?” he said softly, looking at the face that just turned sour when Chanyeol rejected her.

 

“I know… I just guess that if I tried, maybe you will say yes.” Hyujin laughed, but Chanyeol knew she felt hurt. If only he can find her a person that can love her in a romantically way, a person that can care for her, a person that will make her happy, he will use all his power to find that man because he loves Hyujin but in a brotherly way. He was sure Hyujin also loves him just like a sister’s love for her brother but maybe the constantly brainwashing from her parents and media made her believe that she indeed loves him in romantically way.

 

“Later, after finish launching we will go for a vacation with my sister, okay?” Chanyeol tried to make her happy. The instant cheerful ‘okay!’ as the reply from Hyujin made Chanyeol smiled too.

 

After a few minutes, Kyungsoo came with a few waiters behind him carrying their foods. Kyungsoo gave a sincere smile to Chanyeol and a forceful smile to the young lady who sat infront of Chanyeol. Chanyeol sighed. He knew Kyungsoo never agreed about Chanyeol’s relationship with Hyujin but he can’t do anything. Kyungsoo introduced his new menu to his regular customers. He really hoped both of them will give a go signal so that he can properly add the new menu in his menu book.

 

“I hope you enjoy my new menu, Chanyeol and Hyujin-ssi.” Kyungsoo said as the waiters put their foods on table and remove the covers. Chanyeol smiled proudly as the delicious smell came across his nose.

 

“Kyungsoo ssi, I will definitely promote your new menu with my SNS! Your foods are all crazily delicious!” Hyujin said, trying to make the elder man like her but unfortunately, she received a smirk from Kyungsoo. As Kyungsoo and his staffs walked away, leaving them to taste the foods, Hyujin frowned, slightly pouted.

 

Chanyeol knew what was bothering her. Among his friends, Kyungsoo was the one who strongly showing how much he dislikes her especially when he knew that Hyujin is the one who played a villain role in his favourite drama last year. Kyungsoo hated her role so much until he brings it into the real life.

 

“He hates me.” Hyujin said. Chanyeol sighed once again. If only Kyungsoo tried to look Hyujin in different perspective, Kyungsoo will adore her.

 

“No, he just awkward with strangers.”

 

“Does a person that you met almost everyday is a stranger too?”

 

The question left him hanging. Hyujin took out her phone and took a few photos of the foods and rearranging them a couple of times to make them appear more attractive in her photos that she wanted to upload later. Chanyeol helped her rearranging them. Hyujin asked him to pose candidly before she took a couple of them.

 

“You are handsome.”

 

They spent their times talking about Chanyeol’s business and Hyujin’s new drama. 2017 was really Kim Hyujin’s year. Although Chanyeol not really follow the current dramas or trends, but lately he tried to catch up with Hyujin’s news because he really thought it was the only way to make her happy although he can’t love her the way she wanted him to.

 

 

 

 

After an hour, Hyujin had to go first because of the interview that she needs to attend and left Chanyeol alone, finishing their foods. He even asked one of the waiters to call for Kyungsoo to accompany him.

 

“Sit there. I don’t want to eat alone. At least… just keep me a company.” Chanyeol said and Kyungsoo obeyed him. Kyungsoo looked at the man in front of him. Chanyeol really changed. If what he heard is true – that Baekhyun is back, does that means the history ten to six years ago will repeat again?

 

Chanyeol has changed. His face screamed manliness but there are still cuteness although Chanyeol did not admit about him has aegyo in him, not forget the broad shoulders too. To be honest, Chanyeol has a baby face if he removes his ‘business mask’ – like his friends claimed. His voice became even deeper than before. His hair often styled upwards to make him appear stern and professionally especially when he is at his company or business-related events and Kyungsoo rarely sees him in casual clothes because Chanyeol was too busy to come to his restaurant with a casual clothes. Kyungsoo liked Chanyeol in casual clothes and un-styled hair more, to be very honest just like during their usual hangout.

 

He admitted, he still has feelings towards Chanyeol. That is something that can’t be changed although he is with Jongin right now. That’s why he can’t really accept Kim Hyujin as Chanyeol’s new partner. He let Chanyeol go so that Chanyeol can be together with Baekhyun – because whatever that make Chanyeol happy, he is happy too, but he knew Chanyeol is not happy with Hyujin – he doesn’t love her. Screw his parents!

 

“Can you please at least pretend in front of her?” Chanyeol said as he wiped his mouth with a napkin.

 

“Why should I?” Kyungsoo shoot a dagger looks at the taller man.

 

“Kyungsoo… she is nice, I promise you. She is not Lee Jiah, the villain role in your favourite drama. She is Kim Hyujin, a nice person. You also see how she treated our friends, how she treated you, how she treated everybody around her, she is nice – just that she is a little bit clingy and childish.”

 

Kyungsoo really wanted to scream that it’s not the reason but he can’t! Although he still has feelings towards Chanyeol, he still knew and sane enough that he is Jongin’s boyfriend and next year they will be spouses and committed to each other. Kyungsoo is not ready yet for that. He often thinking about that.

 

“Is it true? Baekhyun is back?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“He hurt you.” Kyungsoo tried to look away, anywhere except for Chanyeol’s eyes because he was afraid he will beg Chanyeol to love him just like years ago.

 

“I hurt him too.”

 

“But you have reasons! He doesn’t have any! It’s not fair! I –,” I hate him! I hate him for making you sad, for making you not yourself for almost a year, for take you away from me! I hate him! Kyungsoo wanted to yell. His eyes brimmed with tears.

 

“Kyungsoo – Kyungsoo-ah, we don’t know if he even has reasons or not. I don’t blame him either. Please, just let it go. I am sure he had his own reasons, but all of us didn’t know what it is. Just pray for me, I want to win him back. I want him back.”

 

“You… you still love him, don’t you?” it hurts Kyungsoo so much to hear Chanyeol’s answer.

 

“I love him, and my heart is forever with him.”

 

 

 

 

It was 5 in evening. Sehun still on his chair, typing his report on his personal laptop. After his secretary announced that she is going back home, then he realised that it’s time to go.

 

He drove outside of the building slowly and he felt like lady luck is on his side when he saw a familiar figure waiting for taxi on the roadside. He pulled his car to the side and rolled down his window. He looked at the shocked face of his love before he offered him to send him back. Luhan looked at the surrounding and there are many workers still there, giving them a curious look and some of them even taking photos of their mysterious handsome Young Master.

 

Luhan is a liar if he said his heart did not skipped a bit. He never thought Sehun will be this brave, approach him in the public, especially in front of his workers. He can’t pretend to not see or else the workers will say he is rude but he can’t accept the offer either because the workers might think they are in sort of relationship and –

 

“Luhan!”

 

The driver behind Sehun’s car called him and Luhan sighed relievedly. He politely declined Sehun’s offer and jog to the car at the behind.

 

Sehun was curious who the one in the car behind him. He looked closely when the car passed beside him, but he can’t see clearly due to the dark tinted window. Sehun sighed. That person is not Luhan’s boyfriend, right? No, Luhan can’t be anyone else’s.

 

 

 

 

It was Thursday when Baekhyun and Sehun confirmed and agreed to meet each other. Baekhyun called the nursery and told them that he will pick up Raon a little bit late. He can’t bring Raon too, right? Sehun is Chanyeol’s best friend for life for God sake. He can’t simply take a risk and let Sehun knew about his child although he trusts Sehun.

 

It was three in the evening and he was just from the Four Seasons Hotel, the hotel that owned by the Kim and now was managed by the cousin, Kim Jongin and Kim Minseok. Why must he meet people from his past again? He also can’t understand. Although he didn’t meet the two, they will eventually meet each other since the huge launching event is taking place at their hotel at the Seoul, the biggest 7 stars hotel.

 

At the red light, he set the location and he drove there, hoping he can help Luhan.

 

Sehun sat on the corner while sipping his hot coffee, waiting for his favourite hyung to come. He had been excited since yesterday to meet Baekhyun. Only God knows how much he missed Baekhyun… and Luhan too. He tapped his foot impatiently and glanced to the door.

 

The door opened, Sehun smiled while watching Baekhyun craned his neck searching for him. Sehun laughed when Baekhyun pouted and fished his phone, probably wanted to call the latter.

 

“Hyung!”

 

Baekhyun eyes lit up at the familiar voice.

 

“Hun!” Baekhyun rushed to the corner and pulled the man into a tight embrace.

 

Sehun laughed and hugged the other too.

 

“Oh God, you are way taller than

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter