Nine

[CHANBAEK] B's Tiny Little Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun paced in his dorm room, making Luhan dizzy. The said male shot up from his bed and hold Baekhyun’s shoulders, asking him to stop.

“What are you nervous about?”

“I’m going to meet Chanyeol later…”

“So?” Luhan raised his eyebrows. He pulled Baekhyun to sit down on his bed.

Luhan was confused. They are used to meet each other and bickering non-stop, so what makes the Byun here nervous? He must have something that he hid from Luhan, Luhan assumed.

“Ummmm”

“Do not ‘ummm’ me, Byun Baekhyun.”

“I like him, okay! I like him! Does that answer you, girl face?!” Baekhyun pushed Luhan away and hid under his blanket like a huge burrito.

Luhan blinked his eyes a few times, trying to register what he just heard. Sure, Sehun had told him that he felt that both of them have feelings to each other but Luhan stated the otherwise. He said that he knows Baekhyun too well for him to like someone who always annoyed him like Chanyeol. Then, Sehun would just laugh and ruffled his hair while said, “Oh you little bambi, my Lu, you don’t know anything about love yet, do you?”

But deep inside him, he feels that too, that Baekhyun likes Chanyeol.

“You,” he pointed his second finger to the burrito-Baek, “like Chanyeol?!” he shrieked with a loud voice.

“Shut up girl face! The whole school doesn’t need to know!” Baekhyun threw his favourite pillow to Luhan which Luhan gladly took it and threw it to him back.

“You ing, seriously like him?” excuse the language, but he really shocked.

 

Baekhyun took a deep breath before he knocked the closed door twice before he opened it. As soon as he opened the sound-proofed door, he heard the most beautiful melody that was played by none other than Chanyeol who was sitting in the corner, hands gracefully moving on the piano’s white and black keys.

Chanyeol looked so focus, so he decided to not interrupt him. A few times, Chanyeol stopped and wrote something on the paper before proceeding again. Baekhyun’s gaze fell to Chanyeol’s calm face. He could hear his heart beating quickly. Oh, how thing changes. If months ago, people say thet he will fall in love with Chanyeol, he probably will just laugh it off and slapped that person because the old Baekhyun would never lover Chanyeol.

The beautiful melody had some errors – Baekhyun knew by judging Chanyeol’s serious face while hitting a few other notes and correcting it on the sheet before he smiled and continue playing – but it was beautiful.

“Byun?” Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun stammered a bit while walk to Chanyeol and stand too far from him.

“I’m sorry I overheard your masterpiece.” Baekhyun said.

“Ah, nevermind. This song is yours, anyway.”

 

A week passed. Chanyeol still can’t get over the fact that Baekhyun was taken. A week before when they met for meeting, Chanyeol was too heartbroken and he almost – he almost blurted out the three words that hurt him. He tried, he really tried to be professional and he thanked Chen because somehow Chen always controlled him to be professional

“Are you married?”

Does he want a closure? He also doesn’t know. What if Baekhyun answer is yes? Can he take it that Baekhyun can no longer be his? Can he be ready if they bumped into each other at market or anywhere with another man beside his Baekhyun, carrying their son? Chanyeol sighed.

 

“Park Chanyeol, eat your breakfast.” Chen dropped a lunch box infront of him. Judging from the plastic bag, it must be from Kyungsoo’s restaurant. Kyungsoo is still living with him but this morning, he didn’t bother to eat or drink anything because he was nervous – today is another meeting with Baekhyun.

“Just put it there, Chen. I will eat it later.”

Chen shook his head, still doesn’t leave his spot. He looked at his boss, Park Chanyeol the CEO never came to the office with untidy appearance but this whole week, Chanyeol had come to the office like a man that just lost his wife. Oh, irony. Chen knew the whole story after Chanyeol told him last week.

Of course, he felt sorry towards Chanyeol but Chanyeol can’t keep torturing himself like this. He might lose his spot as CEO if he keeps this up. Many staffs already spread various rumours about their CEO and none of them are right. Chen is afraid if Chanyeol’s untidy appearance reach to the board of director’s knowledge, they will dismissed Chanyeol and appoint someone else as CEO.

“I know you are heartbroken Chanyeol. But please don’t skip meals. And also,” Chen moved towards Chanyeol and helped him to make his appearance neater. The boss will have another meeting for the launching event that will take place Monday next week at the Kim’s family hotel. “I don’t want another boss.” Chen grinned. Chanyeol laughed at his secretary’s remark.

“YAH, I stated the truth!”

“Okay, okay!” Chanyeol said between laughs.

“Promise me!” Chen whined.

After a few minutes the two childhood friends bickering like 5 year-olds, Chen excuses himself to his desk to continue doing his works.

 

“So, how’s your discussion with Mr. Yuta last Friday?” Chanyeol asked the two of them while his eyes skimmed the photos on the large desk.

“Ah, Mr. Yuta asked us to proceed if you approve our next phase.” Chanhee said on behalf of Baekhyun. Chanhee may doesn’t know the story at all, but he could sense the awkward air between his friend and the CEO.

Chanyeol nodded approvingly, his lower bit jutted slightly while he still focusing on the papers. Everything need to be perfect for the event. He took his black ball pen and signed on each of the paper before passing it back to Baekhyun.

“Please proceed. I will come this Friday to see the venue.”

 

Somehow, Chen managed to make Baekhyun and Chanhee stayed for a lunch as he served more drinks and foods saying that his husband cooked for lunch and sent it here to enjoy with friends. Chanyeol glared at his secretary. He knew the truth as he saw Chen crossed the road just now to buy foods.

“So, you are already engaged, Mr. Lee?” Chen asked.

“Ah, yes. I already engaged. My fiancé is an owner of a cow farm at my home town.”

Chen led the conversations very well. Sometimes Baekhyun would joined them but Chanyeol never say anything. Baekhyun looked at the giant. His cheeks had sunk, showing that he probably losing too many weights. His hair also grew longer. The dark circle and eyebags under his eyes made Baekhyun thought that he probably didn’t get enough sleep.

Baekhyun bit his lips. Does he has any problem with his relationship? Or there are too many problems to handle in this company.

“Sorry if I am rude, Mr. Park but sometimes I couldn’t help but notice you always glance to the photo frame on your table. Is the person in the photo frame is Hyujin-ssi?” Chanhee asked.

Baekhyun also noticed Chanyeol’s habit but he doesn’t dare to ask him in case the answer will hurt him. He tried to play safe without hurting his heart.

Chanyeol cleared his throat a while and put the fork down. This is the first question that directed to him.

“Ah, it’s someone that I love so dearly. The person is my muse. So, that’s why you could see me g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter