Thirteen

[CHANBAEK] B's Tiny Little Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun was about to open the car door at the driver side but Chanhee was faster. “Hyung, you can’t drive right now. Let me drive and you just call your family.” Baekhyun wiped his tears as he nodded. He can’t think clearly right now. All he wants is to be by his baby’s side and hoping that he will be okay. He handed the car key to Chanhee and rushed to the passenger side.

 

As Chanhee drove out from the parking lot, Baekhyun fished out his cellphone and speed dialled Luhan. He knew Luhan is busy at the moment but he also knew that Luhan will be as devastated as him once he heard the news.

 

“Hello.” Luhan’s calm voice reached his ears and instantly his eyes cried again.

 

“…Lu…”

 

“Yes, Baek. What’s wrong?” Luhan asked in a small voice. Probably he was still in the office when Baekhyun heard the sound of keyboard clicking and machine photostat doing its job.

 

“Lu, Raon is in hospital right now.”

 

“What?” he could hear the chair screeching from the other side as Luhan yelled.

 

“Just come to the Seoul Hospital right now Lu. I need you.”

 

“Stay there, Baekhyun! I will be there in… 10 minutes!” Luhan quickly left his cubicle and went to Sehun’s office to break the news.

 

“Okay Lu. Come faster.” Baekhyun wiped his tears once again. Chanhee took a corner and the white building that has his son unconscious in it came to the sight.

 

“Let’s hope Raon is okay.” Chanhee muttered. He adored the young boy so much.

 

“He must be okay!!! He will be okay!” Baekhyung snapped.

 

 

 

“Byun Raon, please.” Baekhyun asked the nurse at the counter of the emergency room department. The nurse clicked something and then she told Baekhyun his baby’s location. Once he arrived there, Raon’s kindergarten teacher was there, talking to the doctor.

 

“Mr. Byun! Here!”

 

“Ms Lee! Doctor! How’s my son’s condition?”

 

The middle-aged man looked at Baekhyun and gave him a comfort smile but Baekhyun wasn’t so sure that smile mean something good.

 

“He is still in the surgery room and still being operated. He had 2 broken ribs and a broken arm. He is far from normal condition. I’m sorry to say this but with the hard impact from the car, he has a low chance to survive, but we will do our best to save your son, sir.”

 

“Please, doctor. Just – just do anything to save my son.”

 

Baekhyun wanted to cry again. He needed to know a whole story. After the doctor left, Chanhee excused himself to buy drinks at the café, left Baekhyun and Ms Lee alone.

 

“Ms Lee, how this can happen?”

 

“Mr. Byun. I am so sorry. I should have notice his sudden change of behaviour faster but today I kind of lost focus because there is a child peed in his pants. I noticed since morning that Raon behaved differently than he used to.”

 

Baekhyun immediately remembered this morning where he found Raon sleeping alone in his room instead of coming to his room as usual. His eyes were also puffy when he woke up but Baekhyun didn’t ask anything because they were already late at that time.

 

“But then, after recess time. His friend, Haechan came to me saying that Raon is crying alone at the school’s playground so I rushed there. But when I almost arrived, I saw him running out from school’s gate and then *sobs*”, Ms Lee can’t continue the story.

 

She still can’t believe that the accident happened right infront of her own eyes. Raon’s tiny body flew away after getting hit by the car. She felt like she has failed as a teacher. What kind of teacher let her own student involved in accident right in front of her eyes? Her hands trembled. But then, Baekhyun just realised that her hands and dress were covered in bloods. Raon’s blood. The sight making Baekhyun’s heart clench.

 

“He – he ran to the other side but the car was too fast and *sobs* hit him. He flew away.” Ms Lee cried. Baekhyun felt like his world was darker than it usually was. He felt like his world spun around and his head was so dizzy.

 

To imagine his own baby lied on the road, covered in blood really make his heart shattered in pieces. He should be there to prevent this from happening. His son is too young to undergo this. His son is too tiny to feel the pain. Once again, he felt he failed.

 

He leaned back to the chair for support as he massages his head. Not a long after that, Luhan arrived with Sehun, both still in office attire. Luhan’s face was a mess. Luhan really hoped it was some kind of cruel joke that Baekhyun pulled on him but the way Baekhyun’s devastated face, he knew this is real and Raon is in the operation room right now and the knives pierced on his baby skin.

 

“Baek, how is Raon?”

 

“He is critical, Lu!” Baek answered and instantly both bestfriends embrace each other. Luhan really considered Raon as his own son and he truly loves Raon but sadly these few days he rarely can spend times with the baby and now this accident happened. They tried to comfort each other but it isn’t enough.

 

Luhan accidentally step on Baekhyun’s shoes and the latter screamed in pain. He quickly sat down and took off his shoes because of the pain.

 

“Baek! What is this?”

 

“Hyung, are you really okay?”

 

“I’m fine. It’s just a mug of hot choco fell. I’m fine, really.” Baekhyun winced when Sehun kneeled infront of him and took his feet.

 

“This is not okay, hyung. You must be treated!”

 

“No, I am not going anywhere! My baby needs me here, Oh Sehun!” Baekhyun yelled.

 

“Baek, Sehun is right. You should get treated. If the doctor come out I will call you immediately.” Luhan said gently. Baekhyun seemed unsure. But then the teacher excused himself and Chanhee came back to them to hand Baekhyun his drink and a new pair of slipper because he thought Baekhyun would be so much pain wearing those leather shoes.

 

After Chanhee left and the doctor still didn’t come out from the operation room and also his feet starting to get hurt, he agreed to get treatment. Sehun helped him to go to the treatment room as he can’t walk on his own. Now he realised how much pain his feet were. He had been running from the parking lot to here, but weird, he didn’t feel any pain at all.

 

 

 

 

When Baekhyun was getting treated, he gripped on Sehun’s hand tightly. He winced once a while and then he clenched his eyes and teeth. Sehun felt pity at his hyung. He knew how much a er his hyung can be when he feels the pain.

 

“Hyung, after this let’s call Chanyeol. He has right to know too.”

 

Baekhyun clenched his hand tighter. “Ouch, hyung!” he groaned when Baekhyun’s nails digging his hand. The nurse was applying some ointment on the burnt area.

 

“No. Need. Oh. Sehun.” He said, pausing after every word then he screamed again when the feet hurt again.

 

“Mr. Byun, you are supposed to get treated once this incident happened, not after 2 hours.” The old nurse nagged like a mom nags to her child.

 

“I was in a rush.” Baekhyun explained. It is true, anyway. He was in rush once he got a call from the hospital. Chanhee tried to knock sense in him to treat his feet first, but he was too stubborn. Baekhyun’s face turned calm when the nurse started to bandage both his feet.

 

It’s not hurt anymore but he knew it will be a pain in the to walk after this. Probably he needs around a week to heal fully.

 

Baekhyun was so lost in the thought when Sehun called for him. “Hyung? Baek hyung, Luhan is calling. He said you are needed right now.” Sehun said worryingly. Judging from his lover’s voice and tone, he knew it was bad news but he tried not to say it out loud in front of Baekhyun.

 

“Really? We should go.” Baekhyun tried to get up but the nurse holds him back.

 

“Relax, young man. Your bandage is still not done yet.” After a few minutes, they went back to where Luhan waited them. Baekyun started to worry when he looked at Luhan’s face. The elder seemed restless as he sat on the chair with eyes staring at nothing.

 

“Luhan, what’s wrong?” Baekhyun rushed although he was in pain and sat beside Luhan. Luhan engulfed the younger into a hug as he sobbed.

 

“Raon losts a lot of blood,” Luhan paused, sobbing a little, “he needs blood, Baek. And the hospital is lacking his blood type in their blood bank.” Baekhyun felt like his soul has left his body. How bad Raon condition is until he needs blood donation? He tried to stay calm but he can’t halp but stutter when he talks.

 

“I – I will do… donate my blood.” Baekhyun said. He asked Sehun to find for the doctor and helped him with the procedure since he can’t walk that much. Both of his feet were bandaged. Sehun asked them to stay there and waiting for more news while he took Baekhyun’s ID card to start the blood donation’s procedure.

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry Mr. Byun but your blood type isn’t compatible with your son’s. Can you contact the other father? I believe their blood will be compatible.”

 

“What?! I am his father for God sake! Why is my blood isn’t compatible with my baby’s?” Baekhyun yelled at the poor intern doctor.

 

“Hyung. Calm down.” Sehun whispered as he held Baekhyun down. The elder looked like he wanted to jump at the intern doctor and ripped his eyeballs out.

 

“I’m sorry, Mr. Byun but the results showed that yours aren’t compatible with Raon’s and we need the blood in less than 2 hours more. 2 hours, that’s the maximum time we can give you or else we can’t help to save your son.” The intern doctor sounded harsh in Baekhyun’s ears.

 

Sehun and Luhan both take turn to take a blood test to see the compatibility but none of them is compatible with Raon’s. He looked at his baby through the clear glass. He can’t help but cried when he saw tubes connect his son and the life support machine. His son’s face was full of scars and he can’t see his son’s body as his was covered by some board.

 

He can’t get near to his son to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter