Fourteen

[CHANBAEK] B's Tiny Little Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Baekhyun’s fifth night at the hospital, accompanying Raon, who was still unconscious. Luckily, the doctors declared the child stable and already passed the critical stage. Now, Baekhyun only needed to give encourage words to his son, to tell and show him how much both his parents love him. His employer was understanding enough to give him days off until Raon’s health back on track because before this, Baekhyun rarely took day off. On the other hand, Chanyeol will go to his office during the day and he will arrive at hospital along with new set of clothes at 6 in the evening everytime. He will go back to his house only in the morning before he went to the office.

The situation of both Raon’s parents still same. Both of them are avoiding each other, when Baekhyun sat beside Raon’s bed, Chanyeol will move to the other side of the room, doing his works or playing the games on his mobile phone, and when Chanyeol moved to beside of Raon’s bed, Baekhyun will go out from the room to take a walk or anything as long as he was away from Chanyeol.

Luhan and Sehun, of course the duo was so frustrated but they can do nothing. Raon’s parents were stubborn to be the first person to break the wall between them. Kyungsoo and Jongin also tried to talk to them, to be civil to each other for Raon’s sake, but their efforts went to drain. Now, the bestfriends can only shook their head when they avoiding each other like a plague.

“Sehun, I am worried.” Luhan asked, when they were stopping at Baekhyun’s favourite cafeteria to buy food for him on their way to the hospital.

“What’s wrong, love?”

“Baekhyun and Chanyeol, I am worried what if Raon doesn’t want to wake up because his parents avoid each other? We have to find a way to make them reconcile.” Luhan said, determine.

“I don’t know Lu. You also knew how stubborn those two can be.” Sehun sighed.

“Yesterday me and Kyungsoo tried to talk to Baekhyun, but he just gave us a cold look and shrugged it off. Honestly, it was kind of annoying. They have an unconscious kid, for god sake! Can’t they be rational?”

Sehun looked at Luhan who was frowning, Luhan is right. They need to be rational for Raon. To chase the frown off from the pretty face, he stole a kiss on the lips and made the deer looking guy blushed with eyes opened wide.

“Stop frowning, it make me feel so useless.” Sehun whispered and stole a kiss once again before their name got called out – the sign that their orders are done and ready to take away.

Luhan groaned at how small Sehun’s action can affect him like this.

 

Baekhyun who was reading Raon’s favourite story book got startled when the room’s door got opened. He glanced at the clock, he knew who it was. It was Chanyeol. Baekhyun took that as a cue for him to go out or freshen himself, now that Raon’s daddy are here. He closed the book and put it inside the drawer before he leaned down to kiss his baby’s forehead. “Wake up faster, baby. I miss you already.” He whispered.

He hold his breath and walked quickly despite how bad his feet ache to the door and as soon as he finally got out from the room, he took a deep breath. Honestly, he can’t really stand Chanyeol’s scent of cologne. It made him feel weak and suffocated and the most important thing is, Chnayeol’s scent made him feel guilty for both Chanyeol and Raon.

He walked around the children’s ward, witnessing beautiful families laughed with each other and their kids’ smiles made Baekhyun jealous. Now he knew what Raon wants. Raon wants his parents to reconcile again, as friends so that they can spend their time as family, not as strangers. Baekhyun wiped his tears with his sweater sleeves.

Minutes later, Luhan and Sehun came with fresh clothes and his foods from his favourite café. As always, Luhan will accompany him to eat at the hospital’s cafeteria while Sehun tried to talk to Chanyeol. Luhan looked at his bestfriend’s eye bag under his eyes, and the way Baekhyun’s mochi cheeks have sunken – showing that he lose too many weight, made Luhan’s heart shattered in pieces.

“You skipped lunch again, right Byun?” Luhan asked, like a big brother he always be.

Baekhyun ignored Luhan’s question and dug in. It doesn’t matter to answer Luhan’s question because at the end, he will be nagged like always. Luhan sighed at his bestfriend’s stubborn behaviour. He took the tissue and wiped the stain at the corner of Baekhyun’s mouth.

“I don’t want to nag at you every day, Baekhyun. Please, don’t skip your meals. At least, eat biscuits or breads!”

“I don’t want to leave him alone.” Baekhyun whispered.

“But then, you left him alone with Chanyeol?”

“You don’t understand, Lu. Chanyeol is Raon’s daddy. I can leave him with Chanyeol.”

“In other words, you trust him. You can’t even leave when the doctor ask you to leave.” They fell into silent. Luhan grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and said, “You trust him, so please try to give him chance. At least, as friends. For Raon. Can you do that? For Raon?”

 

“Yo, how is Raon?” Sehun greeted Chanyeol with their bros handshake before he pulled another chair to sit beside Chanyeol. He looked closely at Chanyeol’s careful hands when he wiped the wet towel on Raon’s tiny body. “No change.” Chanyeol sighed.

“Hey, don’t feel like that. I believe he will wake up, soon. You just have to believe with your son. The doctor already said that he is a fighter to pass that critical stage.” Sehun said, tried to encourage his friend. Chanyeol smiled, nodding at Sehun and continued doing his job.

“I know you already fed up with my ted talk -,” Sehun let out a chuckle before he continued, “but I really think you should be friend back with Baekhyun hyung. It’s for Raon’s benefit.”

“I heard from your nephew that Raon felt unloved by his own parents. You should change that. You should show how much love you both hold for him. You are lucky enough to have a child but me?” Sehun paused. “Luhan doesn’t want to think about it although he perfectly knew how much I adored kids and I would like to have my own little Ohs soon.”

“Sehun…” Chanyeol saound apologetically.

Sehun chuckled again, “No, don’t talk like you are sorry. You are not at fault. I just want you to prove it to your son, how much you and Baekhyun hyung love him.”

“B-but you do know how much I love him! He is my son, of course I love him.”

“Yes, I know you do love your son. Hell, you only talk about him when we met since you know about him, but your son doesn’t. He needs you and Baekhyun hyung to show to him, how to be family. You don’t want Raon to grow up like you, right?” Chanyeol nodded, slowly. “ But then, lower your ego a bit. I believe you know Baekhyun hyung the best. I believe you can slow talk to him and reconcile. Think about Raon. He is your priority right now. Yours and Baekhyun hyung’s.”

“It’s hard, Sehun-ah.”

“I know it’s hard, urghhh damn Luhan for making me talk to you! Yah, put this inside your head, just be friend again, for Raon! Show him how much you both love him.” Sehun rolled his eyes and combed his hair. The next time Luhan planned to slow talk separately like this, he will volunteer to go to Baekhyun instead of his idiot friend, here.

Chanyeol took a deep breath, “I will.”

“You want to know one secret?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter