Die Together: Chapter 11~

Die Together
Please log in to read the full chapter

Later that night, Jaejoong was at home eating some ramen he made for himself. he lazily twirled his fork around the long springy strands of noodles and slurped it up noisily.

He was about to get some water for himself when he heard someone knock on his door. Curious, he answered the door only to be greeted by Yunho.

 

" Hey, Jae~ "

 

" Yunnie~! "

 

Jaejoong threw his arms around the latter and embraced him tight. He was too happy to notice the younger's slow reaction or the tears pooling in those doey brown eyes.

 

" How was work today? ", asked Jaejoong as he pecked the younger's lips softly.

 

" Fine. Tiring. ", chuckled Yunho lightly.

 

" Ohhh... ", mumbled Jaejoong.  " I made ramen. Wanna eat? "

 

" No thanks. ", smiled Yunho as he stepped into the house.

 

Yunho sat down on the couch and watched as Jaejoong hopped over to him excitedly like a little kid on Christmas and sat next to him, leaning his head against his shoulder.

Yunho allowed Jaejoong to lie down and rest his head on his lap, the silky black hair gently and twirling those healthy strands in between his fingers.

He wanted to savour the final and precious moments he had with Jaejoong before he had to do his duty and betray the one he had fallen madly in love with.

He gazed at the angelic face he had grown attracted to, studying every feature intently like it was his last chance...which soon will be.

 

" Yunnie, I'm thirsty~ ", pouted Jaejoong cutely.

 

" Okay, BooJae. I'll get you some water, alright? "

 

Jaejoong nodded cutely and Yunho left him on the couch to get Jaejoong a drink. When he was sure Jaejoong wasn't looking, he slipped out the vial and uncorked it softly.

With a heavy and guilty heart, Yunho slowly poured the blue slush into the cup of water. The mixture swirled around in the glass before the color faded away.

He grabbed the glass and handed it to Jaejoong, who drank it thankfully. He watched nervously as he bit his lip in guilt.

 

" Yunnie? Gwenchana? ", asked Jaejoong as he wiped his mouth.

 

" Ne. Jae? "

 

" Hmm? "

 

" If I did something wrong and it hurt you terribly, would you still love me and forgive me? "

 

" Of course I would. I love you, Yunnie. ", said Jaejoong with a gentle smile.

 

" I love you too, Jae. ", said Yunho softly.

 

Suddenly, Jaejoong held his throat and started to cough violently. The elder could feel his lungs compressing painfully, his throat burn and his heart beat speed up.

 

" J--Jae? ", called Yunho worriedly as he reached forward.

 

" Yun--Yunho... ", rasped Jaejoong hoarsely.  " My throat... I... It feels... "

 

" Jae?! ", said Yunho, his worried voice raising an octave higher.

 

" Yunho-- ", started Jaejoong, but he fell onto the floor.

 

He lay there, sweating and panting as his breath started to hitch in his throat. He could hear Yunho's voice ever so faintly and his vision started to blur and darken.

He fuzzily saw was Yunho standing above him with teary eyes as the latter bound his wrists and ankles with ropes.

As his eyes started to fail him, he heard a stifled sob from Yunho, who said:

 

" I'm sorry, Jae. I hope you can forgive me for this. "

 

The last thing he saw before he out was his longtime nemesis Yong Dongjie enter his house and look at him with a rather bone-chilling smirk.

 

**********

 

Kangin and the others were working late at the P.D., when the phone rang. Kangin picked it up and answered in a slightly tired voice.

 

" Yoboseyo? "

 

" Kim Kangin-sshi? "

 

Kangin stiffened at the deep and intimidating voice. He knew that voice belonged to Lee Joonki, the drug lord.

 

" JOONKI?! ", he burst out, attracting the attention of the other cops.  " How the hell-- "

 

" Uh, uh, uh~ ", came a sing-song snicker from the end of the

Please log in to read the full chapter