Chapter 7.

Falling For The Opposite

"So here is where you are going to sleep tonight," Yerin said, opening the door of the guests room. She stepped inside and showed me the room. She kept on talking but I just stood there looking at her awestruck. She looked at me expecting to say something but I just stood there smiling at her. Not creepily, but that type of smile were you don't really know what is happening so you just smile kind of smile. 

"You didn't heard me did you?" I shook my head still smiling and she sighed. "What am I gonna do with you? Are you sure you want to sleep in this room?" 

"Yes! No! I mean, it's nice but" I prolonged the word and looked down at the floor. 

"But?" 

"I was expecting that I was going to sleep with you," I mumbled, still looking at the floor. The tiles were pretty interesting today, right Eunbi? 

She didn't answer me and I kept on looking at the floor as if there was actually something that had caught my attention. Well, this is awkward. 

"But it's okay if you don't want to," I muttered quickly and she didn't answer again. "You know what? Just forget that I said that. Its obvious that you are uncomfortable." 

"No, I mean. It doesn't bother me at all," she said and I raised my head to see her fiddling with her hands. 

"You don't seem to be really enthusiastic about it," I said raising an eyebrow. 

"Don't get me wrong, I really am," she stuttered. As if she was really nervous. "It's just that-" 

She was cut off by a sudden black out. I wasn't expecting to scream but something bumped with my leg and that made me shriek and jump forward where Yerin was. I extended my arms and found a body, I grabbed her arm. How do I know it was her? Well, she has a sweet scent that I really can't describe but its somewhat addictive. Also there is a faint scent of roses whenever she is near.  

"Unnie there is something here," I said trying to not let her know that I was somehow scared. 

"It may be my dog," she said. I felt her sharp intake of breath when I hugged her waist. It seemed that my body had a mind of its own because I rested my head on her shoulder and breathed in her addictive scent. It was intoxicating me. 

"What, what are you doing?" 

"Your scent is so addictive. I like it," I muttered on her neck and she shivered. 

"Thank you? I think?" She said but then she gasped as I began kissing her neck.

Now, I don't know what has gotten onto me. It's like I'm getting pretty daring in this types of things, but really this crave I had since her tease of a kiss has been tortuing me. You can't really blame me right now when I am hugging her and on top of that her scent is pretty overwhelming. 

I went up to her jaw and then I was already at the corner of . She kept still, she didn't push me away. That is a good sign right? 

I separated from her a little bit just so our noses were touching. I could hear her heavy breathing and my heart was beating rapidly about what I was going to do. I leaned in and when our lips where almost touching I heard a type of machine-gun sound and then the smell came. 

When I knew what it was, the light came and a bubble of laughter escaped my mouth. I was laughing so hard that I even had to sit on the floor. 

"Did you just fart?" I asked Yerin who was blushing so hard right now making me laugh harder. 

"No I didn't. I swear I didn't," she said turning a deep shade of red. "It was Dog, I swear that it was him." 

Now I laughed harder than before. "You named your dog Dog? As in the Dog of Up?" 

She glared at me and I raised my hands. "I'm so sorry, it's just all of this is so funny." 

I got up and just in time Dog farted, scaring himself of his own fart. I laughed again but I cut myself short when I saw that Yerin was glaring at me. 

"I'm sorry," I muttered trying to get serious but failing as I smiled widely. I composed myself, trying my best to be serious but my mouth was trembling and I couldn't contain it anymore so I let out a laugh. 

They say that my laugh is pretty contagious so in a matter of seconds she was laughing along me. We were both on the floor, I was lying on my back and hugging my stomach while she was sitting, her eyes had turned into pretty crescents and her laugh was the most beautiful sound I have ever heard. 

"Okay, I think that is enough," she said in between laughs as she got up. She helped me to get up but I ended too close to her. I smiled. And then I felt her hand on the back of my neck, getting me closer to her. And in a blink of an eye, her lips were on mine. To say that I felt a butterflies (I already know what the weird feeling I felt whenever I saw her) was too short for what I really felt. It was like a legion of butterflies where taking up my stomach and I felt all tingly when I started kissing her back. I grabbed her by the waist, getting her closer to me. 

She bit my lower lip, making me gasp and as quick as it came, she ended the kiss. 

The two of us were panting as we separated, I was looking at her quite amazed and somewhat dazed. While she had this troubled expression. 

"I think, I'm going to get your clothes," she said turning her head towards the door and walking to her room leaving me with a pounding heart and a messed up mind. Wow, when I read about how they describe a kiss in a novel it doesn't really compares as to how you feel when you do. 

"You are coming or what?" She said poking her head on the frame of the door and her dog did the same, just that he went inside the room towards me. I petted him on the head and nodded. She began walking towards her room as I followed her while the dog trailed behind us. She opened the door and I don't know what I was expecting but it was a really ordinary room minus the great amount of stuffed animals that were on her bed. She went to her closet and I sat on her bed, the dog following my every move. 

He put his head on my lap and I began caressing him. I looked up when I saw a pajama in front of me. I grabbed it  and the dog got up and left. No, what did I do to deserve that? 

I pouted while looking at the door. 

"So I am going to change here, you go change to the bathroom. There is a spare toothbrush under the cabinet," said Yerin, snapping me from my misery. I nodded and went towards the bathroom, the door of her room was slammed just as I got out. 

I looked back at her door and then I smiled. Well, who would have thought things have gone this way huh? I changed as quickly as I could and when I finished, I saw my reflection on the mirror. The pajamas had a pattern, a penguin pattern to be exact. They were cute. 

I brushed up my teeth with the spare toothbrush and when I finished, I got out of the bathroom and walked towards her room. I knocked on the door and she told me to come in. I entered and I saw that she was making up her bed. 

"Em, I have a question," I said clearing up my throat, she didn't answer me so I took her silence as a cue to go on. "What are we?" 

She froze but then she continued arranging her bed. "Humans." 

"I know that, but I mean in the relationship side," I said. She stopped what she was doing and turned to look at me, I smiled shyly in return. 

"I don't know, dating maybe? You said you liked me, I said I liked you too," she mumbled, looking everywhere but my eyes. "But we aren't girlfriends." 

"Yet," I said under my breath, praying to God she didn't heard me and she didn't. 

"I'll take the right side, you take the left side. I'll just go to the bathroom," she said looking at me and I nodded. She walked to the bathroom and I went to her bed. I went under the covers and I cheered internally. Yes, I will share a bed with her. 

She went inside the room and turned the lights off. She went up to her side and lifted up the covers. I felt the bed slightly dip under her weight. 

"Goodnight," she said as she yawned. 

"Night," I said cheerfully. I felt her move so she was close to me, I tensed up as I felt her breathing on my side of the face. 

This was a bad idea. I felt really conscious about everything, the butterflies were swarming on my stomach and my heart was pounding at her proximity. 

"Unnie?" She mumbled something and I continue talking. "Thank you. Thank you for proving me that love is really worth it. At first I didn't believe in love and I didn't see a good explanation about it, so thank you for proving me something else. I really really like you." 

"I like you too, Sinb-yah," she said sleepily. We went silent for a moment but she seemed to be wide awake now. 

"May I- Can I hug you?" I asked her nervously and I felt her arms go around me, pulling me to her. My head was on her chest and I could hear her heart beating as fast as mine. I smiled and snuggled up to her chest. A minute later her legs entwined with mine and I smiled again. 

"Goodnight," I said softly but she didn't respond, her breathing got heavier. I yawned and drifted up to sleep. 

_____________________________

Hey! I know, it was short but I'm currently preparing some things for a trip. So yeah, I don't really now if I would update another chapter next week since I'll be away but I will try to make some time to write. Hopefully I would be able to. 

Anyways, I hope you liked the chapter and have a great what's left of the weekend. 

-Lu