Chapter 3.

Falling For The Opposite

I arrived at the apartment a little bit late because I stayed in the library studying and lost track of time. It was dark, so it meant that Sowon went to sleep already. I opened the door and slipped inside trying to not make any noise. I tiptoed to my room but I was caught in the middle of the living room by a flashlight pointing at me. I snapped my head towards the light, my eyes went wide as if I was a deer caught in the headlights. 

"What are you doing?" I asked glaring at her but trying to cover my eyes at the same time because the glaring light was bothering me a little "could you please turn off that?" 

"Please. it's annoying" I said getting annoyed that she won't turn it off the flashlight "come on Sowon, turn off the damn flashlight will you? I already asked you nicely." 

She didn't answer and she didn't turn off the flashlight. As I was goint to retort back, someone the lights from the living room and you want to know who it was? I looked at her in confusion and then I turned to look at the one who was pointing the flashlight at me. 

I gave her an once over and then turned towards Sowon who was looking at me weirdly "what's a midget doing in our living room?" 

"Midget?" Asked the midget with a bob cut trying to look mean "excuse me, being short is natural but being stupid isn't." 

Sowon then just laughed at me "ooh, need an ice for that burn Eunbi-yah?" 

"It talks" I said opening my mouth in fake surprisement. 

"Wow you are fluent in the language of stupidity" she retorts back, her eyebrows furrowing with anger. 

"Yes. After all, it's the only way you can understand me" I replied looking bored. Her face went from angry to pissed, she was about to punch me when Sowon got in between us, putting a safe distance in between. 

"Okay okay, that's enough" she said looking at both of us, she then turned to me and said "apologize." 

"Why should I?" I asked looking at Sowon "first of all I wasn't even talking to her, I was talking to you. She butted in our conversation and if she was insulted then it's not my problem to begin with. I state facts not opinions." 

"And?" The bob-cut girl said stepping in between Sowon and I "there's something that's called freedom of speech, so I can talk whenever I want." 

"I know, but as you have the right to say your opinion" I said stepping a little bit closer to her "I also have all the right to ignore it." 

"You little-" she narrowed her eyes "you really haven't changed at all Sinb." 

She smiled making me grin at her "I know you missed me, Eunha." 

"Hmmm, not so much." 

"Ungrateful little bunny" I said as she laughed and eveloped me in a hug. 

We separated and turned around to see a shocked Sowon with wide open. We chuckled at her expression. 

"What the heck?" She asked furrowing her eyebrows "I swear that I though that I would've to bury a body because of the murder scene I almost encountered. You know each other?" 

"Yes" replied Eunha "actually we know each other since we were what... 10 years old?" 

I nodded and then I added "where do you think the nickname Sinb cam from?" 

"What?" She asked bewildered "so you are childhood friends?" 

"Yes."

"Basically. I nicknamed her Sinb, while she nicknamed me Eunha. It was to differentiate us since we share the same name" explained Eunha to Sowon. 

"My girlfriend shares the same name as that?" She asked in a disgusted tone. 

"Girlfriend?" I asked Eunha and she nodded "Eunha-unnie you can do better than that." 

"I know" she said solemnly while Sowon made a disgruntled noiise "but I think she is the one and only for me." 

I looked between the two of them as they held their gazes "love really is blind." 

They giggled and kissed each other. Aaaand that is my cue to leave. I went to my room and locked the door. You don't know what will happen later. I made a disgusted face and shudddered as I accidentaly pictured the scene. 

I went to my closet to grab a pajama to change after I shower. When I finshed, I wento to the bed and looked up to the ceiling. I was sleepy and as I was falling deeply into the dreamland, someone had to ring the bell. I sat up and glared at the door of my room as I waited for them to ring the bell again. 

Silence. I shrugged my shoulders and went back to try and conceive sleep. 

RIIIIING. 

I opened my eyes and got up, I looked at the clock and saw it was half-past midnight. Who the hell rings a doorbell at this time of the night? I hoped that the person will go away when they realize that no one will open the door but my luck really is bad because I heard once again the annoying ring. 

That's it. I opened my eyes and marched up to the front door. I was walking through the living room while a dark thought crossed my mind. What if it is a burglar that has weird es and wants to try them with the unlucky person that opens the door, a.k.a me? Or what if it's a serial killer? Really Eunbi? A serial killer? The last thing they'll do is to ring on the bell of the house. Or maybe it is, it's so unexpected that the victim will let their guards down so it'll be easy to attack them. 

I turned around and tried to see through the dark what I can use against him. There was nothing and I really doubt if a couple of pillows can do any damage. I grabbed a blank paper and a pen and started writing my obituary. 

To anyone who finds this letter,

This is the end of Hwang Eunbi, she lived a short life and how she wished she could have gone skydiving before her death. I leave all my belongings to Eunha and to Umji and to Yuju, don’t let anything fall in hands of Sowon. And lastly, the person who seems to occupy my mind for almost all the day I have a deep secret that if I would still be alive I won’t ever tell you in my whole life. I have a crush on you. Although I hate to admit it Yerin, you made my heart skip a beat and you made me blush, something that is nearly impossible. Also tell my mother I loved her and tell my brother I hated him.

                                                                                       The most beautiful even when dead,

                                                                                                                          Hwang Eunbi.

I finished writing it and placed it on the armrest of the sofa, I walked towards the door and opened it slowly. I got my head out first and then I saw that it was empty, I got my full body out of the door and walked towards the hallway. I hugged myself as I saw throughout the corridor if there was a sign of any human being. I frowned as I noticed it was eerily quiet. I turned around and walked to the door, as I was about to close it I felt a hand on my mouth and someone grabbing me by my arms. 

I struggled and tried to scream but the sound was muffled by the glove that the killer was wearing. I didn't know what to do so I stepped on their feet and got myself a perfect escape from his grip. For a man, he sure is weak. I was about to fight since I got the chance to live again but then I saw that his hands went to the pocket in his jeans and I instantly knew it was my end. 

I got into my knees and begged him "please mister. Don't kill me, I beg you. I'm too pretty to die. Oh, you can kill that annoying giraffe who hasn't even bothered to check on me, she doesn't deserve to live." 

He kept quiet and as I saw him approach I said "okay kill me, but make it quick. And bloodless too. It's much easier, since you don't have to clean later my blood from the floor and you don't leave any trace behind." 

He approached more and I closed my eyes waiting for my upcoming death but then  nothing happened. I carefully opened one eye and saw that the light was on and a red-faced Yerin was rolling on the floor laughing. 

I glanced back and saw a sniggering Sowon and a Eunha trying to control herself from bursting out of laughter. 

My eyes went wide as I realized that I begged and got onto my knees in front of Yerin, I felt as my neck and ears and face went red. I covered my face with my hands, trying to hide the embarrassment I felt. When I calmed myself I got up from the floor and glared at the three of them. 

"Have you finished laughing?" I asked and they laughed even harder than before. 

"Sorry, it's just" said a breathless Eunha as she calmed herself but then she cackled. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked Yerin while I crossed my arms in front of my chest. 

She stopped laughing and she said "they asked me to come here and scare you a little bit." 

"Really?" I asked her and turned to glare the two doofuses. They stopped laughing and gulped loudly. 

"What's this?" Asked Yerin making the three of us turn around and see a confused Yerin holding out a paper while reading it. 

My eyes went wide as I realized that it was what I wrote before I opened the door, I extended my arm and tried to snatch the paper "it's nothing. Give it to me."  

She dodged my hand and she went inside the living room. I followed her, trying to get the paper back to me before she finish reading what I wrote. She stood still and there's when I knew she already read it. 

Silence. Again. Really, I'm starting to hate this silent moments. Even the other two stopped laughing to see what was happening in here. 

I looked down, tears threatening to spill down my eyes. I think this is what I feared the most, rejection, and she hasn't even said anything but I know she will reject me. 

"I didn't know, although I'm glad" Yerin said. What does she meant by being glad? Does she really have that high self esteem that she has to be liked by everyone? If that's so, I don't want to have anything with her. Well here it comes, I braced myself from the massive rejection that's about to come.

"I like you too Hwang Eunbi. And I know it's too soon but do you want to go on a date with me?" She asked. I looked up shocked and she was smiling cutely while blushing a little.

I blinked once, then twice "wait, what?" 

"Do you want to go on a date with me? Tomorrow at 5 o'clock?" She asked once again and I felt my heart beat rapidly. 

"Awwww" I heard someone behind me said. I stood there in shock as she waited for my answer. 

"I'll think about it" I messed up the words and they came so fast that I doubt she understood them but she did. She looked crestfallen and her eyes were glassy. Great one Hwang. You had one job. One Job. And you completely ruined it. 

"What I wanted to say was that" I stuttered trying to make her think that I wasn't rejecting her and then blushed "I gladly want to go on a date with you." 

She smiled so much that her eyes made beautiful crescents and her cheeks formed an adorable dimple. My eyes went wide as I turned to look at something that wasn't her. 

"Great. Then it's a date" she then walked up to me and whispered in my ear "by the way, nice pajamas." With that said she left, closing the door behind her and I turned my gaze down as I saw my pajamas. It was an onesie with ducks on it.

I blushed hard when I realized she saw me wearing it and she told me she liked me and she invited me on a date wearing a ing duck-pattern onesie. 

"Aw how adorable" said Sowon and then she turned to me "we'll help you get ready for tomorrow. You don't want her to see you like that again, won't you?" 

"Oh shut up giraffe" I glared at her and marched up to my room as she laughed along with Eunha. 

I grabbed a pillow and tried to cover my red face. I turned around to look up at the ceiling and sighed. I'm going on my first date tomorrow, I wonder how it will go. With that in mind and a big smile in my face I went to sleep, waiting anxiously what will tomorrow bring. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YO! YO! YO! I'm back!

So guys like I promised here's Eunha and there's more sinrin. They finally admitted their feelings to each other, I'm excited for the upcoming date. I think how Yerin finds out that our little Sinb is crushing on her is cute, but anyway. 

I was reading the comments and thank you for the things you said. They actually make me really happy and they inspire me to write more, so yeah. I really don't know how to express my feelings but the point is that you make my whole day better. 

I think this chapter is short compared to the last one but really this weekend had been pretty hectic and all because I was at the hospital since I got a nasty abdominal pain but don't worry I'm already out and I'm already taking the medicine. So I thought, why don't I write to take off my mind from all that's happening. It worked, and today I was adding some final details. So here you go. 

Love you!

-Lu