Chapter 11. [End]

Falling For The Opposite

Sinb POV 

Today is the holiday everyone awaits to. The holiday were you are supposedly to forgive and give things to others while not expecting to recieve something in return. Were you have to be cheerful, merry and all that happy things.  

I tried my best not to show my gloomy feelings and I must say I was doing a great job since nobody seemed to notice. I felt somewhat empty when we gave eachother the hug on midnight, I smiled when my friends cheered. I decided to excuse myself since everything was too overwhelming, so I went to the balcony and looked up at the stars.

I closed my eyes and heaved a sigh. This felt comforting and relaxing. 

"Sinb? What are you doing here?" I heard someone ask interrupting my alone time. I opened my eyes and turned to see Moonbin looking at me. 

"Nothing. Just wanted to be alone for a while," I said getting up from the floor and walked towards him. "What's up?" 

"Oh yeah. A girl came and asked me to give you this. I asked her why doesn't she gives it to you on person but she said that it wasn't a wise decision," he said giving me a present. I looked at it strangely. 

"A present? For me?" I asked and grabbed the present from his hands and he nodded. "What is it? It's pretty heavy." 

"I don't know," he said as he peeked from my shoulder when I put the present on the table we had outside. I searched for a tag to see of who it was but there wasn't any. Weird. I removed the paper gift and the first thing I saw was a rose. I frowned as I grabbed it from the top of the box. 

"That's it? A rose?" Asked Moonbin, grabbing the rose from my hand. I looked back at the box and saw that there was something more inside of it. I teared open one side and saw the complete collection of the Harry Potter series and the most weird thing of all is that it was the same one that I saw everytime on the bookstore. 

I put my hands on the table as I frowned. Who might possibly give me this present? 

"Oh really? A plastic one? Couldn't she had the decency to buy a real one?" Said Moonbin as he put the rose on the table. I froze at what he said and my heart started beating rapidly. 

"Is it really a plastic one?" I asked him as my eyes widen when I realized who might have given me the present. "Who was the girl? She didn't tell you her name? How was her physical appearance? Did she had bangs? An eyesmile? Did she look like an angel broguht from heaven?" 

"Woah woah, hold up Sinb. I didn't understand you at all," he said grabbing me from the shoulders and looking behind me. "Is that the complete collection of Harry Potter? Dude, that's sick. She must love you to give you this kind of gifts. This must have cost her like $150." 

I punched his arm and forced him to look at me. "Focus. I asked you something before, remember how she looked." 

He scrunched up his nose as he was trying to remember. "She was cute. With bangs and definitely an eyesmile. Why do you ask?" 

"What color was her hair? Like a chestnut color?"

"Blonde."

Blonde? Yerin isn't blonde. So who was her? I turned to see the gift as I bit on my lip. 

"Don't tell me she is you-know-who? She-who-must-not-be-named?"

I snorted at the nickname he gave to her. He came to visit me a few days back after Sowon took me to the saloon. He asked me what happened and I told him everything. I cried and because he hates seeing me cry, he came with those nicknames and they actually made me laugh. 

"Oh shut up. You aren't helping at all," I said rolling my eyes while pushing him away because he was too close to me. 

"Well, she told me that she will explain everything if you give her the chance. She said that she will be the one who will contact you. When I asked her who she was she smiled at me and said something like Rinirn? Yenrin? Eh?" 

"Yennie?" I softly whispered. 

"Yes. That. How do you know?" 

"Oh my God," I exclaimed while closing my eyes and touching the bridge of my nose. 

What does this mean? Why did she gave me this as a gift when she said that she only used me? What do I do?

I opened my eyes and then turned to Moonbin who was looking at me confusedly. "I need to go. Did she already left?" 

"Yes, she left after giving me the present," he said and I nodded. I grabbed the present and shoved it into his arms. 

"Here. Take this and bring them to my room, I have something to do," I said as I walked towards the door and grabbed my phone. I searched through my contacts and finally found the number. Thank God, that I hadn't deleted it. 

I dialed the number but I was answered by the machine: The person you are trying to reach is unavailable at this time, please try to call later. 

I frowned and hung up. I dialed again and the machine answered again. What is happening? 

"Eunha! Eunha! I need to talk to you," I said motioning Eunha to come with me. She nodded and walked towards me. 

"What do you want to talk about?" 

"Did Yerin contacted you throughout this period?" I asked her as she frowned and thought about it. 

"Um no. She hasn't. Now that you bring that up, she hadn't texted me at all," she said and I nodded. Weird. What is happening and why do I care? 

"Can you lend me your phone?" Eunha nodded and lent me her phone. I went to her contact list and searched for her name. When I found it, I dialed her number and the same machine answered. 

"Why? What is going on?" She asked and I opened my mouth to answer. 

"Sinb! Here, there is a note," said Moonbin giving me a folded paper. I grabbed it and looked at him. 

"Where did you find it?" 

"It was under the box." 

I nodded. I gave Eunha back her phone and opened the note. It said: 

Hi Ttinb! You probably won't want to talk to me again and I know why. I ed everything up and I want you to at least hear me out. So I can explain what happened. 

I'll be in the first place we met. I'll be waiting for you, 

-Yennie

I turned the page over and found nothing else written in it. Tears were already trying to fall out of my eyes as I gave the paper back to Moonbin. 

"Are you okay? Why are you crying?" Asked Moonbin with a worried look on his face. 

I dried my tears and turned to Eunha. "I need your help. You said you are her bestfriend right?" 

Eunha nodded. "Okay, did she ever told you were did we first met?" 

She shook her head. "No, I didn't even know that you two knew each other. The one who might know is Joy."

I pursed my lips. "Do you have her phone number?" 

"I don't think so, but let me find it for you," Eunha said grabbing her phone and started asking who has Joy's number. I bit on my lip while thinking where she can be because I know for sure that she isn't in campus. Or is she? 

"Here," said Eunha giving me her phone so I can dial Joy's number. The phone ringed two times and at the third she picked up. 

Hello? Who is this? 

Joy? It's Sinb. I need your help. 

Sinb? Hmm it must be urgent for you to call me after all you don't specifically like me right? 

Uh yes. Why should I lie? But anyways, I need your help. Has Yerin ever told you where have she and I met for the first time? 

Hmm maybe. Why do you ask? 

Personal reasons. If you know please tell me. 

Oh, I know alright. But what's in it for me if I tell you? 

I groaned. Is she kidding me? 

Nothing.

So why should I tell you? 

Because is a nice thing to do. Come on Joy, it's Christmas. Don't make me do something ungracious today. I already said please. 

She stayed silent for a few moments when she finally answered.

Banpo Hangang Park. 

Huh? Banpo Hangang Park? Have I met her there? When I was about to answer that I haven't seen her at that park, she hung up. I frowned as I try to remember. 

I have gone to the park at the beginning of university. I went there at night to see the lights and somewhat it calmed me when I was stressed because of the load of work I have to give in, but recently I haven't gone to the park because I don't have time. I don't remember seeing her at all, I didn't talk to anyone when I went there. 

"What did she say?" Eunha and Moonbin asked at the same time. 

"Banpo Hangang Park but I don't remember seeing her there at all," I said looking at the floor trying to remember the nights I went. "I thought I met her that time we were partnered up in a project." 

"Oh, wait. Wasn't she the girl you told me that was crying all the time? And that one day you snapped and asked her what's wrong with her and that she shouldn't be crying because she is making too much noise and interrupting your time of solitude?" Asked Moonbin while I just looked at him confused. 

"You really told her that? Damn, no wonder she hated you at first," said Eunha with agape.

"Ugh. Shut up, I was angry that day because I failed an assigment and I put all my effort in that essay but he still flunked me," I said while looking down a little bit ashamed. "And she came almost every time I went and she was always crying and I was already stressed and I think hearing her cry again was my breaking point?" 

"Tsk. Tsk. You aren't an angel too," said Eunha shaking her head. "And I thought that you were the only victim here."

"Oh shut up. I need to go, now. If anyone asks where I am going just tell them that I need to settle some things," I shouted at them as I walked to the front door. 

"Wait you are going alone?"

"Yes. Don't follow me." I shouted again while closing the door and jogging towards the stairs since the elevator is too slow. When I arrived at my car I saw that tiny snowflakes were falling from the sky. That isn't a good sign. I got into my car and the engine, driving towards the park. [a/n: I recommend in this part to you to hear Night At Han River by Eunha and Pro C] 

When I arrived and parked the car, I ran throught the park trying to find her. Thank God that it was snowing and that it was Christmas so there weren't that many people on the park.

I went towards the usual spot whenever I went and there she was, looking at her wristwatch. I stopped on my tracks. She looked beautiful, breathtakingly even with the snowflakes falling around her. I shook my head. No. She may be pretty but appereances are decieving. 

"Oh you came. I thought you wouldn't," she said when she noticed I was standing in front of her. She changed, her eyes that shined so bright whenever she talked to me now look so dull, she seemed to have lost some weigh, but the most striking thing of all is that she was now blonde.

"So were to start? First of all, I thought you wouldn't even remember the first day we met," she said looking at the floor shyly. "You were pretty rude, I must admit. Telling me I should stop crying because I disturbed you and I was making too much noise for your liking. I hated you in that instance. I thought who does she think she is for telling me that? Worst of all, you told me that with the most disgusted face I have ever seen." 

"I'm sorry, I just snapped because I was stressed. I'm so sorry for telling you that," I said looking at the floor ashamed at what I said. "Why were you crying?" 

"I know but I don't want your apology. I'm the one apologizing here you know. Anyways, the reason why I was crying was because of personal conflicts I had in that moment. Either way, when I knew you went to the same university as I do, I hated you more. I must say, being next to you irritated me and what angered me the most was that when I realized we share some classes and that one time I accidentaly bumped shoulders with you, you didn't even remember me. You just glared at me and you didn't even apologize, again.  

"After meeting you here, some months later, some friends and I decided to make a bet," she heaved in a sigh and then continued. "The bet consisted on making someone fall in love with one of us and then we will break his or her heart. It felt too easy so we put a bit of a challenge, so one of them said why don't we choose the Ice Princess as our 'victim' so we can prove that you have feelings too. I said yes, while the others cowered away from the bet. The reason why I agreed was that it was a challenge to myself so that I can prove that everyone falls in love with me and when you will ask to be my girlfriend I will tell you the truth, saying that all of it was fake."

Ouch. I felt my heart breaking after she told me that, I was loss at words. I couldn't say anything back at her. My eyes teared up a bit and hers too. 

"But as you can see the plan failed. In the start, I felt nothing but hatred and irritation towards you. It all changed that day you apologized to me. When I saw you smile, I felt a flutter in my heart and that is the exact moment when I knew that I started to like you. I didn't want to continue the game because everytime I saw you I felt too much guilt. The exact moment that I accepted my feelings were when you fall asleep in my arms, I knew that I was a goner. So the next day, when Joy came to visit I told her that I want to take off the bet but then she asked me if I had fallen in love with you and my pride won so I denied it. But I felt that I betrayed you, that what I was doing was completely wrong. In the end, Eunha came to see me that day and she asked me what was I planning to do. I told her everything and when she was summing up the situation, you heard everything. And the rest, you know." 

When she finished, I was sobbing and I knew that she was too because I heard her hiccups. I can't believe she did all of that, I just can't believe. 

"You didn't deserve all of that. You don't. You are too much of a sweetheart to deserve what I did. I made you believe in love but then I crushed you," her voice cracked as she sobbed. "I don't deserve you at all, but I'm too selfish to let you go. I don't expect that you forgive me. But you need to know that I didn't apologize at first because I was too much of a coward and I didn't want to be rejected. Since it will break me, your rejection will break me. Because I'm completely and foolishly in love with you Hwang Eunbi." 

I drowned a sob when I heard her say that. 

"But then I saw the fake rose you gave me and well I made up my mind that I will fight to get you back. I know that what I did is unforgivable and as much as I want to ask you to give me another chance, I can't," her voice cracked in the end and I dried my tears to see her tearful face. 

"Why?" I croaked out.

"Yesterday I recieved a letter from a, how can I say it, like a sister university of ours on the United States," she said breathing in. "I'm getting transferred on January. So even if you would forgive and I will have another chance we can't be together as much as I would want to. I'm so sorry." 

She broke down crying and I went to her. I hugged her as the two of us cried. She hugged me back, with the same amount of force. She didn't want to let go either. 

My heart broke as I realized that even though the way that we met and realized we fell in love was ed up but if it wasn't for her stupid friends making a bet, I wouldn't maybe never fallen in love with someone at all. And somehow I'm grateful about it. Fate really is a twisted thing. 

"You stupid. You really are stupid. I hate you," I yelled at her as I cried harder than before. "I forgive you. Please don't leave me." 

I grabbed her face and kissed her. This kiss, was sad, it expressed the words we couldn't say and it also meant a goodbye.

I would have stayed with her for the entire night but she told me her flight leaves tomorrow in the morning. I didn't want to let her go but she pushed me away. I watched her walk towards her car without looking back and in that moment I knew that I had lost my first love and I couldn't do anything to get things back to normal. I just stared at her back as I felt my heart breaking once again. 

 

2 years later...

Today was a special day. Today I was graduating at last, I was getting out of college and into what you can say the real world. I was happy, relaxed even. 

My hair has grown and the silver tips were long gone. The only thing I changed was the color of my hair, now it was light brown. But nothing more than that has actually changed. Well, not to me at least.

I smiled at how Eunha and Sowon were bantering, in the end the giraffe ended the discussion with a kiss to the bunny. They were getting married and how they proposed was actually funny. The two of them planned the wedding proposal at the same time and when the two of them got the ring out, they laughed and said yes.

I turned to see Yuju and Umji talking quietly. The latter blushed when Yuju whispered something on her ear. They are currently dating, it was actually interesting because Umji was the one who confessed to her, a little bit drunk but they ended being together. 

"What'cha looking at?" Someone said as they put their hands on my shoulder. 

"Nothing," I said smiling dorkly at him. 

"Yeah right, you can't fool me Hwang," Moonbin said but then he turned serious. "You are thinking about her." 

"I wasn't," I said but he raised his eyebrows not believing me. "No really, I wasn't." 

"Sure," he said as he pinched my cheek. 

"Hey! What do you think you are doing?" I asked him and he laughed. He ran off making me chase after him but since there were a lot of people, I lost him in the crowd. "Aish, you little."

I was cut off by a voice shouting my name. I froze as I felt a tingling sensation on my stomach, I recognized that voice but it can't be. I turned around and saw no one calling my name. 

I'm imagining things. Yes, I'm going crazy. 

"Ttinb!" And that is when I saw her. She was standing there trying to catch her breath, she has changed. She was now blackhaired with her bangs brushed to one side, she looked perfectly beautiful. 

My heart began to pound when I saw her running towards me as I did the same. We hugged each other when we met and I felt my heart enter a frenzy mode as I felt her close to me. 

"I missed you," we said at the same time we separated. She smiled showing me her eyesmile and I smiled back at her.

"I hope I'm not too late," she said looking down shyly. I smiled at her sudden embarrasment. 

"You are never too late," I said grabbing her by the chin and looking at her in the eyes. I leaned in and kissed her, she s her arms around my neck and I put mine on her waist. When we broke the kiss to get some air, I put my head on her forehead. 

"I love you."

"I love you too."

We leaned in for another kiss but now with a smile on our faces.  

Maybe it was destiny or a mere casualty but definitely not an accident, that I've seen you again and maybe this time it'll different. And as you lay here in my arms, all the pain that I went through was indeed worth it. You're worth it and I'll choose you over and over without doubt. Why? Well, because I love you.

 

 

THE END.

____________________

 So this is it huh? The story has finally come to an end. I didn't had in mind that it will end too soon but it did. 

I would like to thank you guys. To all of you, the ones who suscribed to the story, the ones who commented, the ones who gave it an upvote and even the silent readers. You don't know how thankful I am to all of you. Thank you so much. 

This wasn't the first time I had published a story on the internet. I had published like 5 stories, without counting this one. Actually this was my last chance and if it still went the same way, I'll stop writing. But thanks to you guys, even if it was just one simple view, I was really happy. You make me believe in myself. And I'm definitely not crying at all. Nope, I don't. Pffft who cries? That is so overrated. 

You are the best. I love you with all my heart, 

-Lu 

ps.d (that is how you write it?) This isn't the end. I need you guys to vote in the poll I uploaded so I will know what type of story you want next. Obviously it will still be a sinrin story but anyways. Please vote!