Chapter 2.

Falling For The Opposite

Remember when I said I don't know how I will face her tomorrow? Well it turns out that she didn't came to class today. That doesn't mean that I was anxious and literally turning to look up whenever a person walked inside the room or that when I was in the halls, I was searching throught the crowd trying to find her among the students. No, not at all. I just had a hunch that's all. 

Either way, she didn't show up the next day or the other and I wasn't worried at all. Nope. Actually it was pleasant that I wasn't distracted from lecture and that I could walk calmly without someone clinging onto my side. Yeah maybe that was, I was traumatized and now I feel as if she'll come from a corner scaring the hell out of me.

My time of trnaquil and solitude was cut short when I saw her sitting completely alone in a chair in the class. I raised an eyebrow and looked around her, normally she was surrounded by people, but this time she was alone. I wanted to ignore her and just continue on walking but something made me turn around and I found myself standing in front of her desk. She looked up but didn't smile like she normally did. Okay, that seemed weird. 

"What do you want?" She asked as she raised an eyebrow and watched me closely. I didn't realize that I stood there just seeing and an not talking. Great, not weird at all. 

"Where were you?" I blurted out, ignoring her question. I don't know why I asked her that. Maybe because it was on an impulse? Yeah, I think it was that. 

"Why would you care?" She asked looking at me without the usual warm eyes "you said so yourself that we aren't even friends. So why would you care?" 

I felt, I don't know, hurt? Maybe? 

And that's why I don't like to act nice to people I don't know. I always end up being or verbally abused or simply they use my words against me. I didn't cry or I didn't feel offended, but it infuriated me that she reacted so cold towards me. Ironic isn't it? But anyways, I won't let her get the final word. 

"Forget that I asked" I said my voice full of coldness "I was just being nice and maybe I was a little bit worried. No scratch that, I was glad that I didn't have to look at that annoying face of yours." 

I glared at her and marched up to a seat near the window, leaving her sitting there, speechless. Just in time, the students were piling up from the door and the class was filled with happy chatter. 

I grumbled at the sudden noise and grabbed my bag, searching for my earphones. When I found them, I put them on my phone and clicked the suffle bottom. I felt calmer when the music started and I looked through the window, my chin resting in my hand. I turned my face and saw her looking at me but she turned away quickly, making me doubt if she was really looking or if it was just a hallucination. I shrugged off that and focused my attention solely on the professor. 

 

When the lecture finished, I walked thorugh campus to the cafeteria. Normally, I won't eat there because the food isn't that yummy but I have a lecture at 1 o'clock and it leaves me without any other choice. 

I entered and saw that the majority of students turned around to see me, I rolled my eyes and went up to make the line. When it was my turn, I took a peek of the food and decided on the salad. Yum! 

I grabbed it and turned around to see throught the cafeterua if there was an empty table and for my luck there was one. The only thing is that it was next to a loud one. 

As I was nearing the table, I took a glance to see who they were. My eyes almost went wide as I saw Yerin who had an unknown girl on her lap and she was feeding the latter one, making that gut-wrenching feeling to come back. I quickly averted my eyes before she caught me seeing her. I walked past them and they all turn quiet, I rolled my eyes, again. Like I said before, I thought this things only happened in movies or stories. But now, I guess not. 

I sat on the table and opened my salad. I began munching on a piece of lettuce when I saw a figure approach my table and just plopped themselves next to me. 

"Who gave you the permission of sitting here Umji?" I asked without looking up. 

"I didn;t ask for your permission" she said and I refrained from smiling "it's a public space so I can sit wherever I want." 

"Come on, don't tell me that" I said in a whisper "you are making me loose my cool." 

She laughed "as if you ever care about what others think of you. Well, eh you actually do." 

"Shut uo" I said and she smiled innocently. She was about to say something but she was cut short when someone sat beside me. 

"Hey Umji" Sowon said putting her lunch on the table looking a bit tired, she looked around the table and saw me for the first time since she arrived "oh Eunbi, you appeared." 

"Hello Sowon-unnie" Umji said as she took a bite of her homemade sandwich. It looked so delicious and heavenly compared o my piece of lettuce and an excuse of a cucumber. I glared at her. 

"What?" She asked as she took another bite. 

"I'm envious of your sandwich" I said as I chewed on the cucumber. 

"Weird." 

"Eunbi, how come you are here?" Sowon asked making my attention turn towards her "I thought that you hated this place. You said so yourself: 'I won't eat in that place, ever in my life. It's so full of people that it annoys me.'" 

"Really? What's getting on to you two?" I asked them "what day is today? Pick on the innocent Hwang Eunbi?" 

They erupted in laughter, Sowon covering while Umji grabbing her stomach. 

"Is there really a day for it?" Umji asked between laughs. 

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late. I lost track of time" someone said sitting in fron of us and putting her things on the table. 

She focused on me and then she exclaimed "Eunbi! What are you doing here?" 

She then, focused on what I was eating "wow, since when did you become a cow?" 

The other two laughed harder than before and I glared at them. 

Sowon high-fived a confused Yuju "that was a good one." 

"Why? What did I do?"

I looked at my wrist watch and realizing what hour is, my eyes went wide "I'm late." I got up and grabbed the container, I apologized and told them goodbye as I hurried out of the cafeteria. 

 

I practically ran to class. I arrived just in time because the professor was walking slowly towards the door as I the corner and just as he entered the room I sneaked past him. I searched for an empty spot and there was one beside Yerin. I frowned. At what time did she left from the cafeteria? I didn't even see her leave. 

I approached her and plopped on the chair without asking if there was someone already. As I was about to take my books out of the bag I heard her say. 

"That seat is taken." 

"By whom? Your imaginary friend called Pingo?" 

"Excuse me but, that's my seat" a voice said making me glance up and then glare at the person when I saw them. 

"Is it by any chance your name on the table? Does it says property of Joy somewhere? Do you own the table? Did you buy it with your own money? Are there any assigned seats?" I asked her as my voice turned colder and menacing with every question I made "No right? Then stop complaining and go sit somewhere else. Not being next to your girlfriend for an hour won't hurt you." 

"What's the matter with you?" Asked Yerin making me to turn around to see her "you have been acting so y." 

"Oh so now I'm the y one. Right" I glared at her "perhaps don't you remember what happened this morning? If not let me remind you, I was just being nice and what did you do? You acted like a by answering me why would I care." 

"What a hypocrite" she said coldly "you don't like being treated like that yet you treat everyone like it." 

"You know what? I tried to be nice to you, I actually was being nice. And no, I don't treat everyone like this, I only treat them like it to those who deserve it" I said my voice rising "I thought you were different but I thought wrong. You are the same as the others. A ing fake." 

"What's going on?" The professor shouted making us to turn around and look at him "you, Hwang. Get out of my class." 

He pointed at me then at the door, my eyes went wide "but sir-" 

"Out." 

I was furious. I grabbed my things and stuffed them in the bag. As I was about to walk through the door, I turned around and added, my voice full of venom "you know what? you," I pointed at Joy " you," I pointed at yerin "And especially you," I pointed at the professor. With that said I stumbled out of the classroom, my face heated up. As I walked through the halls, I glared at anyone who came near me. 

Who does she think she is for calling me that? Yeah, right Sowon. I have a crush my . 

She is the worst person that I could be crushing on. My heart was pounding because I was so angry. I walked through campus pondering about what I said to her and trying to calm myself. When I did, I could think clearly about what occured. 

I hate to admit it but I think I went too far by saying that she was a and a fake, when clearly she wasn't and I really don't know how to apologize to her. It's either my pride or the fact that maybe I lost a friend. Tough choice. Come on Hwang, what do you care about her? Well...

I looked up and leaning on a column was a woman sporting a hat and sunglasses even though we were under roof. I frowned at her, judging her appearence. She turned her face and she seemed to recognize me because she called me by my name, making me look at her confusingly. I averted my gaze and began walking in a different direction, avoinding completely the future interaction since I don't know who the heck she was. 

"Yah! Eunbi!" Even though I tried my best to ignore who ever the stalker was, it was of no use since they grabbed my hand forcefully and yanked me towards them. I almost shrieked as I felt them envolp me in a hug. 

"Let.Me.Go" I said trying to get off but with no avail. With a laugh they realesed me and I turned around to see a smirking Sowon taking off her hat and sunglasses. I glared at her. She stopped laughing when she saw searched my face, I tried to hide my expression with a blank look but she was quick enough to decipher my internal turmoil. 

"What did you do, Hwang Eunbi?" She demanded and I felt defeated so I told her what I did and said to Yerin. When I finished she looked so angry.

She grabbed my ear once again and forcefully dragged me to god know where.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow." 

"Excuse me but do you know where Jung Yerin is?" Sowon began to ask every person she met. The majority shook their heads while others shrugged their shoulders. 

"The last time I saw her she was at the library" a boy, I don't know who but I guess for his deep voice maybe he is Taehyung, said looking between me and Sowon since I was still on her clutches. 

She muttered a thank you and began walking to where I presume the library is. 

"Where are we going?" I asked not feeling my ear but the pain couldn't compare to the beating of my heart as I grew nervous with each step we take. 

"You are going to apologize" she said a she opened the door and walked towards the librarian asking her where Jung Yerin was. The librarian told her she was studying at the second floor. 

Sowon thanked her and she, once again, dragged me by my ear towards the stairs that led up to the second floor. I swear that in the end of the year I'll be earless. 

When we arrived Sowon yelled "Yah! Jung Yerin! She wants to tell you something." 

I didn't have the time to look at her because suddenly I was forced to face down and bow. 

"What's going on?" The melodious voice of hers asked and I felt that my heart was crawling out of his cage. 

"Apologize" I heard the sternly whisper of Sowon in my ear. I gulped. 

"I'm completely sorry Yerin-ssi" I said loud enough for her to hear. I felt a push in my head so I continued with the apology. 

"I'm sorry that I called you a and a fake. I shouldn't have reacted that way. It was a completely wrong thing to do. You are not like that, I just said it because I felt attacked. You are a good person, you are so sweet and adorable and... ugh I hope you can forgive me." 

Silence. 

Something that I internally dread and i don't know what expressions she made since I was still looking at the floor. To cover up the silence, my heart decided to make all the noise it could muster. Well, goodbye pride and goodbye my dignity. Who wanted you anyway?

"It's okay. It isn't all your fault. I'm guilty too. I shouldn't have told you that, too. I was just... it was a bad day for me" she said as she let out a chuckle. 

I felt the grip on the back of my head ease and I looked up to her hesitantely just to see her smiling at me. 

"You are forgiven." 

I smiled and I think it was the first time she saw my smile because her yees went wide and she looked down, a look of guilt passed by her eyes, but then she glanced up and met my eyes, hers forming beautiful crescents. 

She lets out her hand for me to shake "let's start from the begining. I'm Jung Yerin but you can call me Yerin, nice to meet you." 

I hestitated but took her hand in mine "Hwang Eunbi, but you can call me Sinb. Nice to meet you too." 

"I know that we just met but do you want to be my friend?" She asked her head turning to the side making her look so adorable. 

"Yes" I smiled at her fully and she giggled too. Even though we might look like kids, I think this one was one of the tiny happy moments that I'll ever have. After all, little did I know that if I would have said no and refused to apologize, it would have saved me from what will happen next. 

"Ehem" someone cleared and we turned around to see an excited Sowon "as much as I love to see the two of you have made up. We need to go Eunbi." 

I nodded and then I turned towards Yerin who smiled and waved "okay then, see you later Sinb." 

"See you." 

We left the library and arrived at the car, completely ignoring the stares of everyone that was still on campus. We buckled our seatbelts and Sowon the engine, but before she got out of the parking lot she said to me. 

"If you want you could have confessed her that she's your crush. 'You are not like that, I just said it because I felt attacked. You are a good person, you are so sweet and adorable and... ugh I hope you can forgive me.'" 

She mocked me and ended it with some kissing noises. I groaned and put my face in my hands trying to cover the blush. 

"Shut up." 

~~~~~~

Hey there!!!! First, I apologize because of the swearing in the story, I know some people are sensible with them so I tried my best not to put too much cursing but you see it's really hard for me since I curse a lot. 

I don't know if you figured it out but there is some foreshadowing in the story, so yeah. Maybe you can wrap up your mind and get an idea of what's going to happen. 

Ta-chan! There are more new characters now, yeah Eunha is missing but she wil appear in the next few chapters I promise. And there will be more Sinrin interaction in the following chapters, since I wanted them to have an unusual way of getting them together. I promise there will be more fluff but I write the story as how is my mood and lately it's kinda bit off, hence as to why this chapter is basically them "fighting" each other. 

Anyway, I think that's all I wanted to say. Well, yeah. Bye!

  -Lu