Chapter 5.

Falling For The Opposite

It was just Sunday in the morning but I felt like a year has passed since our date yesterday. I feel as if I haven’t seen her at all and God, I hate to admit that I miss her so much.

I don’t know what’s gotten on to me. Maybe I’m dying of boredom and I’m just hallucinating these feelings because wow, I never would’ve thought that I would miss someone so much. I sat up on the couch and turned off the television. I walked to my room and started reorganizing the shelf full of books. After I finished, I looked at the clock and then at the shelf. I put my hands on my waist and nodded. Yup, I’m definitely bored.

I blew on a raspberry and let myself fall onto my bed. What to do. What to do. Sowon nor Eunha were home so it meant that they went out on a date. And that means that I’m home alone.

An idea lighted up in my head. I smiled and grabbed my phone. I browsed through my contact list and I dialed her phone. I got up from my bed and walked towards the bathroom.

After three rings she finally answered me.

“Umji-yah,” I said prolonging the word. I finished getting myself ready and walked to the front door. I locked it and went onto the parking lot of the building.

“What?” She asked me completely serious. I got into my car and the engine.

“I hope you don’t have any plans cause I’m taking you out to lunch,” I said as I got out of the parking lot. “Oh and tell Yuju that she is invited too.”

“How did you-.”

“Gotta go. I’m driving. Meet you in 10 minutes!” I exclaimed and ended the call before she could say anything back. I smiled. I know there’s something going between them; it’s pretty damn obvious, but they don’t seem to notice each others feelings.

And just like I said, I arrived at her dorm in 10 minutes. I knocked on the door but no one answered me. Weird. I knocked again, and again no one opened the door. I frowned and then my eyes went wide. She was with Yuju when I called her so that meant… I shook my head, not a good time to have those kinds of thoughts.

I really would have waited for them to open the door but you see, I’m hungry and I’m cold. I knocked once again but I received the same answer. I turned sideways, looking down the corridor if there is someone that can explain to me what is going on. No one was there.

“Oh it,” I muttered under my breath and grabbed my spare of keys of the dorm. Don’t ask why I have them, I only have it for emergencies as well as she has mine. I was about to open the door when I remembered what they might be doing. I don’t really want to have that image in my head, so I put a hand on my eyes covering them from the oncoming scene.

I opened the door and sneaked inside. I closed it and my hand still covering my eyes.

“Why are you covering your eyes?” Asked Umji, I think or was it Yuju? Well one of the two.

“Well, I knocked three times and you normally expect that someone will answer you at the first knock. So, for precaution measures, I covered my eyes since I don’t know in what compromising position I will find you two,” I said still covering my eyes but with a grin on my lips.

“The only compromising position you’ll encounter is my foot up your mouth Eunbi,” said an angry and obviously flustered voice. Yep, that’s Umji.

“You can see you know. It’s not like we are doing something that your erted thinks of,” I shrugged my shoulders and smiled a little bit. I must admit that even if I’m not familiarized with the whole topic of love; I’m not that sweet innocent angel with a pure mind.

I uncovered my eyes and saw that they were playing chess, “oh what a disappointment. And here I thought you finally realized that you are meant to each other.”

“It isn’t like that,” said Yuju getting up and walking towards the door, grabbing her coat on the way.

I stood there looking at a blushing Umji who was trying to kill me with her eyes. I smirked.

“Aren’t we going to eat? Or are you going to have a death stare match with each other?”

“We are coming,” I said while breaking the stare with Umji. “You can go in first.”

Yuju nodded and walked out of the room. When she was gone, Umji walked towards me and hit me on the shoulder.

“Ow! What was that for?” I said massaging the spot while her face was red as a tomato.

"Why did you have to say that?" 

"It's my job to embarrass you in front of your crush. I'm your best friend! It's not like you won't do the same thing as I did." 

She glared at me and mumbled, "you may be right. But the possibilites that you like someone in this life is a 0.000001%." 

"Ehhhh talking about that," I said looking at her while we were walking towards the car. "That 0.000 whatever number you said, might actually be real." 

"Wait. You like someone as in like-like?" 

"Uhhh...yes?" 

"God. Yuju! Get prepared, I feel that the apocalypse is coming," Yuju just stared confusingly at Umji while I glared at the latter. We got into the car; Umji on the passenger side while Yuju on the back. 

"Don't be too overdramatic Umji. Sooner or later, it was meant to happen," I said as I the car and drove towards a restaurant. 

"Yeah well, I would have wish it was later because I'm too young to die." 

"It isn't like it's the end of the world Umji. I'm human too you know," I said stating the obvious while she just scoffed. 

"I'm lost. What are you two talking about?" Yuju asked sitting in between the two seats to have a better look at us. 

"This creature that claims to be human, has developed romantic feelings towards another human," said Umji turning on her seat to look at Yuju. I watched her reaction in the rearview mirror. Her eyes went wide and formed an O. 

"You like someone? Who is it?" Yuju asked getting excited. 

"I'll explain to you when we arrive at the restaurant." 

"Which is like now," said Umji as I parked on a spot near the entrance of the restaurant. 

"Yes but I meant inside the restaurant," I said as I turned off the engine. I opened the car door and closed it; I sighed and closed my eyes. I don't know why I'm avoinding the topic, even though I brought it first and I wanted to talk about it with them, but its like I feel as if I don't have to tell them. 

"Hey, you coming or what? Or you can just stay here, outside, until you freeze to death," said Umji standing next to Yuju. 

"Like I said before, don't be too dramatic. It isn't that cold, yes I may be freezing but I don't think I'll freeze to death... unless I stay here outside for about..." 

I stopped talking as I saw their are-you-serious expression, "yeah sorry. I'll just.... Let's go in."

We entered the restaurant and the hostess led us to a booth. The two of them where in front of me while I was left alone. Well, I have more space to myself. The waiter then came and handed us the menu. They muttered a thank you while I just stared at the guy. We fell silent after the guy left; I looked across the restaurant, avoiding complete eye contact with them even though I know they are watching me.

"So, are you going to tell us or I have to read your mind to know who you like?" Asked Umji forcing me to look at her. 

"Well that isn't a bad idea," I said agreeing with her but then I saw her serious look. "Or I can just tell you, right." 

I felt silent once again. Now, remember me why did I have to do this? Oh right, because I was bored. 

"Come one Bi, we won't judge you," said Yuju. 

It's not like I fear that they'll judge me, it's something else. 

"Yeah sorry, uhmm," I fiddled with my hands; why am I getting nervous? 

"Just spit it out for gods sake!" 

"IhaveacrushonthisgirlcalledYerin," I said rapidly that even I didn't understand myself. 

"Say what? Don't tell me you even forgot how to talk," said Umji and Yuju just tensed up. 

"That I may have a tiny little crush on a girl," I said not telling exactly what I said before but something similar. 

"As expected. I didn't think you'll play for the other team," said Umji nodding while Yuju was just looking at me wide eyed. "But who is it?"

"Really? Well, I think you know her. Scratch that, everyone knows her. So yeah. Her name is Jung Yerin," I said smiling a little bit and that is when I knew that Yuju understood me the first time. 

"Nope never heard of her. Well, I have to throw a party to that girl," she said looking at Yuju who was staring at me. "Hey what's wrong?"

"Please, Eunbi. Stay away from her," she said looking at me with pleading eyes. 

"Why? Why are you telling me this?" I asked at her; first Eunha with her weird googled quote and now Yuju telling me to stay away from her. "What do you mean by that?" 

"Just trust me okay. Jung Yerin isn't a girl that you want to develop romantic feelings for," she said as if she have experienced something similar. 

"Don't tell me. You dated her?" I asked, my heart pounding as I waited for her to say something. She nodded while looking down. 

"It was a long time ago and a mistake too."

I slumped on the booth. Great. Just great. 

"I'm finally happy after so many years and you just come here and tell me that I should stay away from the only source of happiness I have? And also that you were once lovers?" I asked her while she just stared down. "You are just jealous." 

"Fine do whatever you want. Just don't come to me when she breaks your heart," she spat. Wow that took me by surprise since she is always peaceful. 

"I wasn't planning to," the waiter arrived with our drinks and asked us what we wanted to eat. We told him what we wanted and he left. And we felt silent. Again. 

There was this sudden tension in the air and I think Umji was getting uncomfortable. Even though I wanted to get away from the restaurant, I couldn't. Since I don't have the heart to leave them here without a ride back. 

"Uhhh, breadstick?" Umji said breaking the silence. 

"Really Umji?" I asked her raising an eyebrow. 

"You can't blame me from trying," she said as she munched on the breadstick. 

"I'm sorry. It's just that I don't want you to be hurt you know," Yuju said apogetically. "Don't let yourself fall." 

I was about to answer her when I felt a vibration on my pocket. I raised one finger as if to say give me a minute. 

I grabbed my phone and saw that it was from an unsaved number. I frowned as I clicked on the chat. 

It said: 'You don't know how hard it was to get your number. Really Sinb, for a moment there I thought you didn't even own a cellphone. Either way, I really enjoyed our date... and maybe we can go out some other time? If you want to of course.'

I smiled. Well that was sweet. 

Me: What if I don't want to go on another date with you? 

Yerin: Well, that will break my heart. I thought that we had a great chemistry going on between us.

Me: Hmmm, I think that was only beacuse of the cotton candy we shared. 

Yerin: You really are cold. 

Me: I'm just kidding. 

I placed the phone on the table and looked at Umji and Yuju. I smiled at them. 

Yuju sighed, "I was too late. You have already fallen." 

I scrunched up my eyebrows, "fallen for what?" 

"Fallen in love." 

My eyes went wide at her statement. 

"What? Why? You are wrong, I only have started developing feelings for her. I can't fall in love, it's just too soon," I said as I felt that my hands were becoming a little bit sweaty. The waiter came with our food and now that I'm seeing it, I'm not that hungry anymore.

She laughed bitterly, "that's the whole joke about love. You don't know when are you going to fall." 

"Okay, I'm definitely lost here," said Umji as she took a bite of off her hamburger. 

I ignored her and stared at my untouched plate. This can't be happening. I can't fall in love. I don't believe in love. I'm only attracted to her because of her physical appearence and maybe because of her bubbly personality and her sweet smiles and her warm aura and-

Oh stop it. You like her. Yeah but I'm not in love, am I? 

God, what have I gotten myself into. 

_________________________________________

Hey you guys! Actually I wasn't supposed to update another chapter since I'm in the middle of exams but yeah. Here I am.

Great! I should go back to study but I can't, I get too distracted.  

Hope you liked the chapter, although it was more like a filler and a short one too but it conveys so many things.

Yep. I really should go....