Chapter 6.

Falling For The Opposite

"Oh come on!" Said an angry Sowon hitting the coffee maker. I raised an eyebrow as she frantically tried to check what was wrong with it, but she gave up with a groan and a last shake on the machine. 

"What did the coffee maker ever did to you?" I asked as I sat on a chair and picked up an apple from the bowl situated at the center of the table. 

"It doesn't serves me coffee and I won't function well if I don't have coffee in the mornings," she said as she turned around and looked at me with annoyance. "It's just a piece of garbage." 

"And I don't exactly function Monday in the morning without having at least slept for 8 hours, but we can't always get what we want, can we?" I took a big bite off the apple looking at her while she just glared at me. "Where is Eunha?" 

I noticed her absence since there wasn't a sarcastic remark or a question about what I did yesterday or even a tease. I frowned and Sowon sighed. 

"She's sleeping. I tried waking her up but it was of no use." 

"Oh, I know. She has a deep-sleep, I tried waking her up once. I even used a trumpet but she still slept through the noise." 

She nodded but then she whined. "God! Make it work!" 

"Hmm I doubt that he will miraculously fix the machine. But I know who would," I said as I took another bite from the apple and I walked up to her. "Me!"

"Puhlease. You can't even put on a key to open the door, how can you think you can repair a coffee maker?" Sowon answered crossing her arms across her chest and raising an eyebrow. 

"Seriously that hurts me," I said as I put on a hand on my chest. "Who do you think changes the light bulbs when they don't work anymore? Who do you think saved that ring of yours when it fell down the drain?" 

"You? Pffffft. You are kidding right?" She asked looking at me incredulously while I just glared at her. "Oh, it was you? I thought that you hired a plumber." 

"Wow thank you for noticing it. Now, why would I hire someone if I can make the job? I am your plumber honey," I ended with a wink and laughed at how lame I sounded. I went to the fridge, getting out the orange juice and serving some in a glass.

"Stop flirting or else I'll think that you two have an affair," a sleepy but annoyed voice came from the living room. 

"Flirting? With her? No thank you, I have different tastes," I said finishing the apple and walking towards the bin. I dropped the core inside it and looked at a sleepy and yawning Eunha while sipping on the orange juice. 

"Yeah ones that will take you to a Carnaval date, get you a teddy and will kiss you in the corner of your mouth," Eunha said taking a seat on the chair I was before. I chocked and began coughing. 

"Don't die Eunbi. Someone will be very sad if you do," said an smirking Sowon as she watched me choke on my own saliva, thank God I wasn't drinking the juice or else, there'll be a unexpected rain with orange flavor on the kitchen. 

"Very funny," I said after I calmed myself. "How did you know?" 

"You didn't tell me where she took you or what did you do so I had to ask Yerin herself," said Eunha resting her face on the table. "I must say Sinb, why did you play the claw machine if you know you at it?" 

I ignored her and looked at Sowon, who was burning holes at the machine. "Have you tried turning it on?" 

"I did that, thank you. I'm not that clueless Eunbi," she said rolling her eyes. I raised an eyebrow and saw that the machine wasn't connected to the outlet. 

"Is it connected to the outlet?" I asked her while looking between her and the outlet. 

"It is connected, Eunbi." 

"You sure?" 

"Yes I am sure! Didn't you understand me? The coffee maker it's broken. It doesn't work." She almost screamed at me and I realized that I am slowly testing her patience. 

"What will you do if I make it work?" I challenged one more time and she inhaled loudly. 

"I'll do whatever you want for a month. But it's useless, you won't be able to fix it." 

"Really? It's a deal? You promise?" 

"Yes, yes I promise. But as I repeat, I doubt that you'll fix it." 

I walked towards her and connected the wire onto the outlet. The coffee maker and began making the coffee. I smiled at her while she scowled at me. 

"Would you be so kind and serve me some? I'm not done getting ready. Thank you!" 

"Serve it yourself," she spat while grabbing a mug from the cupboard. 

"Hmmm you said that if I fixed the machine you'll do whatever I want for a month and you made a promise about it so cha-cha serve me my cup of coffee," I said walking out of the kitchen but then I poked my head to look at her again. "To go please." 

I blew her a kiss and walked to my room in which I looked at myself in the mirror judging once again the outfit I chose. I scrunched up my nose and went to the closet to change once again. I settled for a blue long sleeved blouse and black jeans with black boots and an oversized light blue hoodie. 

I went to the mirror to look at my reflection once again. I grimaced. It seemed as if every piece of cloth that I own doesn't look well on me. I turned to see the majority of my clothes sprawled on the floor or on the bed. I shook my head. Since when do I care how I look? Just because I have a crush doesn't mean that I should dress up to impress them, if I impress them it has to be because of my charming attitude and personality and not on how I dress. Yes, dressing good is a bonus but it isn't just based on that. 

You know what? I don't care! She can see me with a messy bun and pajamas... well she actually did... Whatever... Wait... Since when do I talk with myself like this? I shook my head once again and grabbed my backpack.

I looked at the clock and saw that I was getting late. My eyes went wide and I ran outside my room towards the front door. 

"Yah! Here's the coffee!" 

"I don't want it," I said putting on the hood of the hoodie and rushing out of the door. I heard her cursing at me and Eunha laughing out loud. I ignored them and ran to the elevator. I pressed the buttom but it was taking too much time to come up so decided to go down through the stairs. When I arrived ar the parking lot I grabbed my keys and got inside the car. I turned it on and stepped on the gas, getting out of the parking lot as fast as I could. 

 

After 20 minutes of speeding through the streets and passing various red lights I arrived just in time. I sighed as I sat on a chair on the second row. I got out my things from the bookbag and searched across the room for a certain someone but then I realized that we don't share this class. I visibly pouted, thinking that I'll be able to see her today but I guess I won't. 

Now that I think about it. I really like her and I must say it's absolutely horrible and disgusting. It's so horrible that I like that feeling. I crave for it. I crave for her attention, I crave for her touch and worst of all I crave for her lips. Ever since our date on saturday and her almost kiss on my lips left me wanting for more, like if I see her again I won't be able to control the urge to kiss her. I also realized that I absolutely love to make her laugh and to see her eyes form those beautiful crescents. Did I mention that adorable mole she has on her cheek? I didn't right? It's the most adorable thing you'll ever see in your whole life. 

My train of thoughts were disrupted by a sudden voice. 

"Sinb-yah right?" A girl that was sitting next to me asked and I looked at her while nodding. "I'm Eunseo, nice to meet you." 

"Nice.. to meet you too?" I asked her not entirely sure about this sudden conversation. 

"Well, the rumors weren't entirely true," she mumbled and I raised an eyebrow. 

"What rumors?" 

"Of you of course. Yes, you seem to give this mysterious and cold aura but you are approachable and the only thing they got right is that... you are really hot!" She said winking at me. I frowned.

"Thank you? I guess?" 

You really can't blame me but I'm not used to these kind of things. I don't know how to react, do I just say: yes I know I'm hot or go to the don't talk to me you are annoying phase? Normally I panic and choose the latter but she seems to be a nice person and well I'm getting better into that trusting new people thing. 

"Great! I hope we can get along," she smiled brightly and then she turned her attention to the lecturer. I frowned again. Weird. 

And just like how weird the encounter was, she didn't talk to me for the rest of the class. 

 

I was walking outside the door of the classroom, when I hear an unfamiliar yet familiar voice shouting my name. I stopped on my tracks to look back and I saw that Eunseo was walking towards me. When she arrived next to me, she linked arms with me and dragged me outside the building. 

I was confused as to why she began talking me out of nowhere and that she is currently linking arms with me as if we are long lost buddies. 

"What are you doing?" I asked her trying to get rid of her grip but she was strong too and she only grabbed me tighter. Really what's up with me nowadays? Is it that everyone got strong or I just got weak? 

"We are going to chat in a nice place," she said as we arrived at a bench that was under a tree, leaving enough shade even though I really would have wanted to sit in a place where the sun hit since I'm freezing but there wasn't any as dark grey clouds were above us. "Here! Now sit." 

She sat dragging me down with her. "So tell me about yourself Sinb-yah." 

I was about to answer when I heard someone talk in a not so friendly tone. 

"Here you are! I was looking for you everywhere!" 

I turned around to see a completely bothered Yerin with a forced smile. Let me just say that she looked gorgeous in her beanie and scarf protecting her from the cold but that murdering look she had scared the hell out of me. 

"You where?"

"Yes, don't you remember? You promised you'll take me to lunch," she said emphasizing the word promise and lunch. 

"I did?" I asked confused. I don't remember telling her that. 

"Yes you did, now come on I'm starving," she said offering me her hand so I can take it. But before I did I looked back at Eunseo who seemed to be glaring at Yerin. 

"But Enseo?" 

"I think she won't mind, right Eunseo?" 

"Yeah don't worry about me Sinb. It was nice chatting with you. I hope we can talk alone another day," she got up and she smiled at me but then she turned and glared at Yerin. She walked away, hiting Yerin at the shoulder as she passed next to her. 

Yerin just rolled her eyes and I raised an eyebrow. She grabbed my hand, entwining my fingers with hers.

"Come. Let's go and eat," she said cheerfully but it seemed to be forced. 

"I might not be to quick in this situations but just out of curiosity, are you jealous?" I asked her and she froze. Oh , I think it was a bad idea asking her that. 

"Me? Jealous? Pfffft no." She said looking everywhere but my eyes and a trace of blush appeared on her cheeks. I chuckled at how cute she looked.

"Don't worry," I said getting closer to her and kissing her on the cheek. "You are the only one I want." 

When I realized what I said, I felt the heat on my cheeks and I felt that my heart began thumping loudly. She reacted almost the same way, but she looked down while trying to cover her now red face. 

"You are so sweet Sinb-yah," she muttered while looking down. 

"I am sweet? Have you seen yourself? You are the most sweetest and caring person I've ever met. I should be the one saying that," I said softly. Now now, what are this things that are getting out of my mouth? 

She raised her head and smiled oh so sweetly. "Let's go to eat, shall we?" 

I raised an eyebrow and giggled. "So we are really going to have lunch together?" 

"Yes. Consider it as a date too," she said as we started walking towards the parking lot. "And well you have to drive us to the restaurant since I didn't bring my car." 

I nodded and led her to my car. Now it was my turn to open her the door. I grinned at her shy smile as she got inside, I closed her door and walked towards my side. I opened the door and got inside as fast as I could. I put the key into the ignition and blowed on my stiff and cold hands. 

"So where do you want to go?" I asked her as we where now on the street. 

"Anything is fine by me. Do you have a class after lunch?" She asked and I shook my head. 

"You?" She did the same and I nodded. 

"I have a great restaurant we can go!" I said turning right and heading towards the place. 

"Where?" 

"My apartment!" I exclaimed and she just laughed.

When we arrived, I unlocked the door and went inside but the place was already occupied. There in the living room was a scene I really didn't expect to see. 

"Yah you guys get a room!" I exclaimed and Sowon just got up from Eunha and the latter laid there with her face flushed. 

"You can't blame us, you normally come back at night so we didn't expect you'll be coming home so soon," said Sowon really relaxed as if she wasn't bothered that we saw them eating their faces off in the couch. 

"Don't worry, you can continue. We'll just leave," said Yerin startling me a bit since I forgot that she was behind me. "Let's go." 

She grabbed my hand and dragged me outside. "But-but-" 

"You can cook me something some other time, let's just leave them alone. We can go to my house if you want," she said closing the door behind her and walked towards the elevator. I frowned. We got inside and she pressed the Lobby bottom

"Who said I was going to cook?" I asked her and she turned to look at me wide eyed. 

"We-well, I-I thought you were going to. Since you invited me to your house," she stuttered and blushed. God, she looked so adorable when she was nervous. She faced down trying to hide her red face. I laughed. Oh, how I want to kiss her. 

"You have to stop being so adorable because I can't control the urge to kiss you," I unconsciously admitted it out loud and when I new that she heard me, now it was my turn to go all red. 

"You can kiss me anytime," she mumbled.

"What?" 

"Nothing."

I really didn't understand her at first but then I realized what she said. And it didn't help since I felt my face hotter than before. We stayed silent after that; not until we arrived at the parking lot that she talked again. 

"So. If you don't mind, can I drive to the apartment?" She asked and I nodded, giving her my key cars. The reason as to why I let her drive was because I wasn't able to calm myself. It was so nerve-wracking everything she made me feel just by standing next to me. I took deep breaths trying to calm my beating heart as she was driving towards her house and let me just say, she looked pretty y when she drived. I turned my face to look at the window as I felt my cheeks go red including my ears.

Okay, this isn't working. During the whole ride to her apartment I repeated the ritual of breathing in breathing out until I finally calmed myself when she was parking the car outside her apartment. 

When we arrived at her apartment she told me she'll order some pizza and asked me if I was okay with it, I just nodded. 

"Make yourself at home," she said as she went inside the kitchen leaving me standing awkwardly near the door. "I'm making popcorn so we can watch a movie, you can choose one. The movies are in the cabinet next to the television." 

I mumbled an okay and walked towards the living room. I opened the cabinet and saw that she had dozens of movies stacked one on top of the other. I decided on a comedy and as I closed the cabinet she arrived at the living room with a bowl on popcorn on her hands. She placed the bowl on the big couch and grabbed the movie I had in my hand. 

"This one?" She asked and I nodded. She placed the DVD on the DVD player and walked towards the couch, sitting on one side of the couch and leaving a big space for me to sit down. I went and sat on the other side of the couch. She put the bowl of popcorns between us and she started the movie. 

Sometimes whenever I reached to grab a handful of popcorn, my hand accidentaly touched hers and every time it happened I felt a tingle in my tummy. I became really self-conscious about these tiny interactions but she didn't seem to mind; her attention was solely focused on the movie. I side glanced her as she laughed at some funny part, her eyes becoming beautiful crescents and her hand covering . I smiled. I turned around to see the television and I was shocked when I saw the credits, realizing that I didn't paid any attention to the movie. 

She got up from the couch and grabbed the bowl of popcorn that was now empty. "You want more? Or we wait for the pizza to come? Now that I think about it, they are late." 

She stretched out lazily, slouching up a little bit but frowning in the end. 

"Whichever is fine by me," I said getting up too, but suddenly regretted it when I felt the sudden urge to pee. "Sorry but um... I'm going quickly to the wee room and you can choose the movie. Anything is fine by me." 

She nodded and we parted ways. She went into the kitchen and I went to the bathroom. I forgot asking her where it was but just my luck, the bathroom was the first door I opened. After I finished, I washed my hands and practically skipped up to the living room; where she was resting on a corner of the couch. 

To not make it too obvious that I wanted to sit right next to her, I went to the other side and plopped myself on it. I looked around but I didn't saw the weapon that will help me get closer to her again.

"If you are wondering why there is no popcorn is because that was the last one I had," she said as she grabbed the remote. "Sorry about it. We just have to wait for the pizza." 

"Don't worry," I said and smiled at her, although I was a bit sad because that meant that I won't be able to be by her side. I turned my head and watched the menu of the movie, my eyes went wide as I saw the title: Grave Encounters.

My heart began beating wildly as I prayed to God that it won't be what I thought it would. But either my prayers weren't heard or the big guy upstairs just loves to see me suffer. 

"It's a scary movie," Yerin said all of a sudden startling me. "Hope you don't mind." 

I swallowed a lump that formed in my throat. "No, not at all." 

"Great!" She smiled cheerfully and pushed the play bottom. She got comfortable while I was all tensed up.

I wasn't never near relaxed even though the guys haven't arrived at the Asylum. When they did, they began putting on the camera and one guy was putting them in a room with a big window that was suddenly opened. He seemed to notice that the window was opened, so when he went to close it I begged him internally not to do it because I felt that something bad will happen to him. Just as he was about to close it, someone rung the bell. I almost shrieked but I grabbed a pillow so I could bite it instead of screaming out loud. 

"Finally," Yerin complained and paused the movie, leaving me in the living room alone. I tried to calm myself but I still felt my heart beating too fast because of the sudden noise. I was scared and it doesn't even help that the sky was still grey. I got up from the couch and walked towards the window, it seemed as if it was going to rain. But why would it rain if we are in the middle of December? 

"Here's the pizza," Yerin said and I turned around to see her placing the pizza in a table in front of the couch. "Would you like water or soda?" 

"Water is fine," I said and she nodded, going back to the kitchen. I went to my spot and grabbed a piece of the pizza. My mouth watered at the smell. 

"Here," Yerin said giving me the glass of water. I mumbled a thank you and bite on the pizza. She sat down and resumed the movie. 

As the movie progressed, I was trying my best not to jump or shriek of the sudden scares. We have finished the pizza and where now sitting somewhat close but not enough for me to 'accidentaly' touch her hand. I looked back at the movie just in time in which the characters where in a room and a little girl was facing the wall on a corner. I felt again the sudden urge to shout at the guy that he should run as fast as he can and get away from the girl. But even if I did, I doubt they'll hear me. So I, instead, hugged the pillow closer to me. The guy got slowly closer to the girl asking her what is she doing here. Instead of answering the girl turned around and her face morphed into this morbid thing, her eyes went black and went wide almost as if she didn't had a jaw. Just as the girl screamed, the television went black. I shrieked at the sudden darkness and I jumped towards Yerin, who was laughing at my reaction. 

"Uh nonononono, she's coming to get us," I said trembling with fear. I clinged onto her side while her chest rumbled with laughter. 

"No ones coming to us, Sinb-yah. But it is weird that the light suddenly went out," she said and she was about to get up but I held her tight. 

"Don't leave me please. I'm scared," I said but my voice was muffled because I was talking onto her shoulder. 

"I'm not leaving, just let me go to the bathroom," she said untangling herself and walking towards the bathroom. I pleaded her to not leave but she did anyways. 

I looked around me, getting all anxious because I was alone. I felt as if someone was behind me. I slowly turned my head, my hands began sweating and my heart began thumping erratically. My eyes went wide as I saw a dark figure the size of the girl as if she was crouching, just right behind the couch. I screamed and I got up running towards the bathroom. 

I was still screaming while banging at the bathroom's door. "Yerin, Yerin, Yerin please come out. It's going to get me. Yerin, please please please. Open the door." 

I almost sobbed as I saw that the figure was approaching me slowly. 

I screamed not caring if it sounded as if someone was torturing me. "kk it's coming to get me. Yerin, open the goddamn door, I don't care if I see you pee." 

Just as she opened the door the light came back and I jumped onto her. Hugging her as if my life depended on it. 

"Whoa, calm down Sinb. Who is coming?" She asked hugging me back as I trembled in her arms. 

"The girl. The girl from the movie," I said as I turned around to see where the girl was supposed to be. "She is right there-"

I felt the color drain off my face as I saw that instead of a girl there was a dog, sitting and with his face leaning towards one side. 

"So, you thought that the girl from the movie was chasing you but it was instead my dog?" She asked me and I looked away from being embarrassed. I overreacted. God, please someone kill me. 

"You are so cute, Sinb-yah." 

"Huh? I'm cute? I almost died from a heart attack because of your fluffy friend and you think I am cute?" I mumbled acting annoyed that she told me I was cute but deep inside I was dying from what she said. 

"Yes, you are always cute." 

I felt tingly all over.

She went up to her dog and petted him on the head. I assume its a he, even though I don't really know.

"Huh? Since when do you have a dog? I didn't saw him when I entered the room and he didn't bark when the delivery guy arrived," I said confusingly as to why there was a dog in her apartment. 

"He is really lazy, I saw that he was sleeping when we got inside and I thought that you had seen it. I doubt he'll protect me if someone came to rob the house, I bet you that he will just lay there watching without even barking," she got up and grabbed her phone near the television. I chuckled at what she said. 

She began scrolling down and I saw that her eyebrows furrowed. I looked down at the dog who was wagging his tail and letting out his tounge. 

"Eunha is telling me that a snow-storm is coming and that she thinks that you'll better be staying with me tonight since we don't know how hard it will fall," she said tucking her phone on the bag of her jeans and looking at me straight in the eye. 

"What?" I asked her surprised at what she said. She nodded and I looked anxiously at her. 

The dog barked and I turned my attention to him. How will I survive a night with her if I can't get a hold of my feelings? 

_________________

Chapter 6 guys! The chapter is pretty long but can you blame me? 

Yerin has a dog! I really love dogs, especially puppies. I die from their cuteness. It's like they have little paws, a little nose a little tounge... I'm really getting off topic. 

Fun fact: I actually love scary movies and one of my favorites is Grave Encounters. So writing about that part was actually hard since I didn't knew what scene was the most scary of them. Oh here's a secret, the part of the girl actually made me scream the first time I watched it. I totally recommend this movie to those who haven't watched it. If you like this type of movies of course. 

Anyways, I think I ended with a cliffhanger, no?

Thank you for suscribing to the story and commenting too.

And if I answered your questions I will make a huge spoiler about the story and well I won't want that to happen, so I will just leave you to figure it out yourself. I actually wrote about it in a chapter before....

Either way, byeee. I love youu!

-Lu