Chapter 2

Promise

Jae was wake up early for her registration at University. She is wearing her jumper skirt with quarter sleeve shirt that make her look tall. She wear a simple make up on her face and she's braiding her hair. 

   

She's going out early just incase if there is an emergency like getting lost while on the way to University. She followed the direction Hanbin's told her to go and Hanbin was right, once she walk through the road, there she can see a big University with big clock in the middle of the main building, just as pretty as in the picture. She's so excited from the morning until she forgot that she didn't eat anything for breakfast.

Once she step infront of Winner University, she got stunned with what she sees infront of her. There alot of students which come to the University but most of them were riding a cars. Most of the cars are the brands from overseas. She only sees this kind of situation at private school near her apartment at London. It a new experience for her for being in the private university in Korea. It a bit expensive but her 5 years salaries still can efford her university expenses for 3 years more. She's a bit proud with herself as her hardwork's money from 5 years ago didn't got waste. She might need to find new part time job later but as for now she wanna be as normal university student.

Jae walk to the registration building at where she can find a group of students line up to give their registration form to the counter. So, without hesitation, she line up with them. She tries to communicate with them but seem like they were busy on talking with each other in korean.

"Hi, can I ask what course you got?" A sudden voice which talk in korean make Jae abit surprise.

"Oh, I got Photography course," Jae talk in Korean, abit weird slang but thank god the voice owner understand what she said.

"Wait, are you foreigner students?" the girl ask her, now in English.

Jae rub her nape. "I was from UK but I am Korean. I got Korean ID,"

The girl nodded and smile. "That why you got that weird slang," she chuckles. "By the way, you can call me Eunji, I am one of students Committee member so if you have some difficulty, you can meet me at Committee member's office at upstairs. I know it must be hard for you because of different environment,"

"Well you are right, it a bit awkward since I don't know how to communicate well with anyone in here," Jae rub her nape, still talk in English.

"It alright, as long as you can speak and understand korean language, you can survive in here," Eunji give an adorable smile to Jae. "Oh can you give me your offer letter?" Eunji take out a barcode scan machine from her pocket.

"Here," She give her offer letter to Eunji.

Eunji take it and scan the barcode on her offer letter before give it back to Jae with her queue number. " When it your turn, just give this number to them with your offer letter, medical document, agreement, payment slip, your school result certificate and your personal document. We will talk later, nice to meet you ... Jae Yee," She peaking to Jae's offer later again before pronaunce Jae's name with smile.

"Just call me Jay, and yes nice to meet you too, Eunji ssi," Jae bow politely to her.

Once Eunji leave her to another new student, again Jae become quiet and awkward. Students around her seem already meet their friends. To avoid from feeling awkward by herself, she take out her phone and scroll down her social medias. Nothing attracting her so far so she tried to find any modelling agency around here that she can join. With her achievement, maybe she can try to send her resume to big company near her place since she didn't have a transportation yet. 

"Are you planning to be a model?"

A voice make Jae's head going straight to where the voice come. A girl next to her line give a smile with her friend. That girl got chance on peaking Jae's phone when Jae didn't give an attention around her.

"Emm can you repeat the question?" Jae ask her in English.

" We were asking if you are planning to be a model," they ask Jae using English, thought that Jae not a Korean.

Jae nodded. "Yes, is there any company near here that I can try?" 

"Well you can try to ask boutiques around here, sometimes they need a model to promote their product. There a big company but they just hired a professional model," one of girl answering Jae's question, still with her fluent English.

Jae just nodded. "I will try that agency," Jae give a bright smile. "By the way, I am Jay," She give her hand to shake.

" I am Jennie and this is Jisoo, are you foreigner?"

Jae chuckles then talk in korean. "I am korean but I was living at UK for a long time, so my korean is kinda bad"

"Wait.. you can talk korean!" Jisoo seem happy once she heard Jae talk in korean.

"Well you are same like me! I used to live at US for a few years. How long you've been there?" Jennie ask her again.

"Me? Emmm.... about 16 years ? yeah 16 years. My mom's family at there, so we were move there after my parent were divorced,"

"Oh.. I'm sorry to hear that. So your mom is European? But you are more to Asian look," Jisoo look at Jae up and down.

Jae just chuckles. "It alright, there's nothing to be sorry, thought. And my mom not European, she is Japanese,"

Jisoo and Jennie chuckled when hearing what Jae just say. " That so cool, that why you are so pretty, combination of Japanese and Korean really cool though. I must married to Japanese to have a pretty children like you!" Jisoo nodded and she seem not joking.

Jennie and Jae laughing with Jisoo's statement.

" You already pretty enough to be married with Japanese. I bet your children will be pretty more than me," Jae give a bright smile.

"She always this hyper," Jennie just pat her friend's shoulder. "By the way, what course did you take?"

"Photograpy, and how about you guys?"

"Ahh we were taking Fashion designer," Jisoo give a bright smile.

"Oh wow.. no wonder that you guys got a good taste of fashion," Jae smile when she know that she just meet a friends which have similar taste on fashion.

"Seriously, the first thing that make me talk to you was when I'm seeing your fashion. We are totally gonna be a super close person from now on. And I'm not gonna shock if you are saying that you are professional model too," Jennie's face can be seeing like she is so excited with what she say.

"Actually, I am not that professional but you can say I got a lot of experience from being a model," Jae rub her nape in shy.

"Wait .. so you got experience in modelling? woah! this is so amazing!" Jisoo's got excited too, make an attention on them. 

"Yah~ keep it low!" Jennie laugh with Jisoo's behaviour , she think that her friend is freaking adorable with weird characteristic, just like her.

Jae just laugh with her new friends, she's thought that it not that bad for her first day in Winner University.

 


 

"Well see you later! Let contact each other when we got time!" Jennie and Jisoo wave to Jae once they have to be apart according to the course they take.

"See ya!" Jae smile and walk to where her course have to assemble.

She's busy on reading the University's map on the paper when she accidently knock someone infront of her. All her documents are falls on floor.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry," Jae bow and quickly take all her documents on the floor without look at who he knocked.

" Your eyes should be on road, not on that scrambled paper," 

The voice owner make her boiled. She stare at the guy infront of her with anger. "Excuse me? I already saids sorry, okay!" 

"Then you should keep your eyes infront, you know you are wrong, so aren't you should keep quiet and stay like stone when I'm mad at you?" the guy make Jae lose her temper.

"Am I stupid enough to just let you cursing me?" Jae blowed her bank with unsatisfied sigh.

"You should be that stupid because you already stupid enough for me," He smirk.

She lift her hand and slap the guy infront of her.

"What the fu.."

"Yes I know I am wrong but that doesn't mean you can be rude to me! watch your mouth and have some manner!"

"Woah wooahh stop you two! Mino hyung, are you okay?" 2 guys come quickly to the guy infront of her and look at his red cheek.

"Eh wait.. you are Jay, right? what happen to you two?" it turn out Hanbin is one of his friends that come to save the situation.

Jae just take a deep breath. "Hanbin-ah, if this is your friend, then I guess you were actually friend with a wrong friend. You are too kind to friend with someone rude and insensitive like him," Jae take all her documents from floor and leave the place.

The guy just hold his red cheek from Jae's slap.

"Hyung, are you alright? Did you need to go clinic?" One of their friend ask the rude guy which they called Mino before.

Mino just give a smirk . "No need, Bobby, I am alright. That girl.. she is really interesting," then he walk off from two of his friends with calm face.

There like a few students which seeing their accident starting to disamble once he walk off. Hanbin just scratch his head with worries.

"Wait, you know that girl? who is she? she is so rude," Bobby a.k.a Jiwon was so curious to know the girl.

"Well I don't think she slap him without the reason. This must be that hyung being rude, just like he used to be,"

Jiwon nodded, know what Hanbin mean. It not a first time that Mino being rude to others. But it not an usual thing when seeing their hyung get a slap by a girl because there no other people would dare to mad at him back if he act rude to others. A guy would be afraid of his aura while a girl are easy to fall for him with just one glance.

 


 

"Students, you may now go back to your hostel or home. See you guys tomorrow for more briefing. Remember, your absent will be recorded," The lecturer give the last words before let the students leave the hall.

Jae leave the hall with a sigh. She can't even focus on what the lecturer said infront. There a lot of factors, first, the lecturer's was talking in korean and it too fast for her, there alot of korean words that hard for her to understand too. the other factor is because of that incident. She still hate that guy who dare to call her stupid. It just a small matter,it can be solved by saying sorry. If it about money, she can pay for it but calling her stupid while they just met that day, that just too much. She sigh again and again whenever she think about it.

Once she reach her room, she take out the keys when suddenly the door is open. She's shock when seeing a girl with red hair standing infront of her. 

"Are you my roommate?" She ask with a smile on her face.

Jae nodded. "I guess I am, so did you just move here?" Jae ask awkwardly and get in the room, follow by her new roommate.

"Yeah, my flight was delayed for a day, that why I reach here late by today," She smile and sit on her bed but facing Jae.

"By the way, I am Kim Jae Yee, you can call me Jay, taking a Photography course and you?" Jae give her hand to shake.

" Woah, we got same course! I am Park Chae Young, or easy to call Rosé," They shake their hand.

" that mean we can be orgnised our schedule together!" Jae smile excitedly.

"Yeah you are right, I'm glad I found a friend here, I thought it must be hard for me to find new friend here because of language barrier," Rose rub her nape.

"Where you from?" 

"Well I am from Australia, I was born there so it really hard for me to speak in Korean," Rose just give an awkward smile to Jae.

"Well you can talk to me in English, Actually I'm more comfortable to talk in English than Korean. Korean is like my third language," Jae start to talk with Rose in English.

"Wait where did you from?" Rose also start to talk in English.

"Well I was born in Korea, and I'm leaving Korea 16 years ago to UK which also my Japanese mom's hometown,"

Rose counting something by her fingers before look at Jae in confused . " So you are actually Japanese?" 

Jae shake her head. "half right. I am Korean-Japanese,"

"That's cool!"

Jae just chuckles with Rose reaction. Before Jae can reply Rose words, there someone knock the door. Since Jae's are close to door, she stand up and open the door.

"Ye- Hanbin! what are you doing here?" Jae abit shocked to see Hanbin stand infront of her door.

"Can we talk?"

 


 

Yes I'm done with another chapter. It so hard to continue this fanfics because of my schedule but hey! I did it hehehe ^_^ So I am gonna release another chapter tomorrow so please check it out, okay? See you guys!