Chapter 6

Promise

"Where are you going?" Rose ask Jae once Rose seeing Jae wearing a formal dress which she rarely wear it.

Jae take her handbag and look at Rose with smile. "I got job interview at Modeling agency near with our University . Wish me luck! " Jae excitedly tell Rose.

Rose surprised face can't be hide. "Seriously? woah, aren't they said it a hard place to get a job! Chukkae !!" 

"Thanks! Well I have to go now, see you later!" Jae take her documents and walk out from the room before give a last wave to Rose.

"Take care, baby! I hope everything goes well!" Rose last words make Jae smile.

"Nae!!" Jae quickly walk as her taxi already wait her.

 


 

"Congratulation, well you can start to come tomorrow as we got a photoshoot for our client's new design," Mr Bae shaking hand with Jae.

"Thank you so much, I am glad that I got accepted in this company," Jae shaking hand with Mr Kim with bright smile.

"So see you tomorrow?" Mr Bae give a smile to her.

"Sure," Jae smile back to Mr Bae and walk out from his office.

Her day will never be this good than her other day could be. The pay is surprisingly higher than she expected, maybe because her work experience. That pay can support her and her mother in here without her mother have to work. Suddenly somebody wrap her shoulder make her shock.

"What are you doing here alone?" the person asking her with smirk.

Everyone around them are look at them in amusing. Why not? Both are pretty and handsome. 

"Minho opp... wait Mino ssi, what are you doing ?" Jae which accidently almost call him oppa quickly change how she call him.

"I was just trying to protect you from boys who look at you?" Mino give a smirk to Jae while comfortably wrap her shoulder.

Jae still confuse of what just happen. She at last at her sense after a few moments and move Mino's hand from her shoulder. "Wait, actually what are you trying to do? aren't we supposed to hate each other? Are you trying to repay back on what I did before? If that the case, you should just mad me, curse me. Being like this just make me more uncomfortable!" Jae let out all in her head.

Mino look calm while listen to all what Jae saying. He keep silent for a while before talk to Jae. He give a smirk.

" I actually can't forget you since you slap me before,"

Jae chuckles tasteless, accepting that, all what she though is right. " I know it.. "

"There's no girls could slap me whenever I mad or rude to them, you are the first one,"

Jae just keep quiet while her eyes on the floor.

"You are the first one who make me back to sense, saying that I am wrong that time,"

"Fine I'm sor.. eh? back to sense?" Jae starting to confuse.

"So what are you doing here?" Mino repeating his question, changing the topic.

"M-Me? I was just back from my part-time job interview," Jae rub her nape and smile awkwardly.

"As a model?"

"Yea- eh? how did you-"

"I saw you out from that building," Mino answering her without Jae finish her words.

"Ahh I see," Jae smile shyly again. She don't know how to act or how to talk to him. It really awkward for her now. First because all the story she heard from Hanbin and his mom, second is because he and herself never be this close, well not this close after this few years.

"This few days, you not like what you used to be, you were different when we met for the first time in the university," Mino look at Jae on her eyes.

"Eh? What do you mean?" Jae look at Mino too but end up look infront because she can't hold his stare.

Mino chuckles. " You are like a dragon who blowing a fire.."

before he can finish his word , he got slap by his arm.

"I am not like that!"

Mino giggles with her reaction. "See! this is how you are when we were first time met, I once shocked with your words,"

"Hey! I am not that scary!" Jae pouting.

"See, this scared me too!" 

"Yahh!!"

Before she could choking him, Mino run from Jae make her chasing him. Didn't Jae know, she actually started to feeling comfortable.with Mino.

 


 

"I will have Americano, and you?" Mino look at Jae.

"Eh? emmm Iced latte," Jae tell the barista of the cafe.

"That all?" The barista click something on her computer.

Mino look at Jae and Jae shake her head. "Yup,"

"All will be 32,000 won,"

Jae wanna take out her money but Mino already take out his card. "Here,"

The cashier swipe the card and give a card to him back with the bill and the pager. "We will call once it ready, thank you,"

Jae nodded and bow politely to the cashier before following Mino to the empty table.

"I will pay you ba-"

"Nah it alright, I won't accept any money, just think as it a present for congrats you on getting job just now," Mino scrolling his social media from his phone, like it nothing.

While Jae, can't hide her feeling. Even it simple thing, but for her, it a first present from someone she missed. "Thanks,"

Suddenly their pager was vibrating. Jae quickly stand up and take the pager with her. "I will take it," She give the smile. 

Mino just give a slightly smile before scrolling on his phone again.

Jae come back with two drinks in her hand, one she give to Mino, and one for her. Mino just take it and drink while his eyes still on phone.

Jae also drink her drink silently while look at outside the window. 

'I thought he didn't know how to smile, or joking, but I guess I am wrong. I saw him different today. That why old people said, Don't judge a book by it cover,' Jae smile then sip her drink more.

' I feel bad that I thought he is no longer have that smile, well he do have one, he just show it to certain people,' that thought make her freeze.

'Wait, am I that certain people?? Am I the choosen one??' Jae grins but then she pull herself to straight face.

'But wait, did he know me? But it impossible, He never know me. If I am that certain person, then he must know I am Jaei. Did his mom already told him? Eh but she is a good secret keeper. I remember when I accidently broke his toys and she hide that toys and didn't tell him that the toys was broken. I'm sure she won't tell him but how? Or did he fall in love with me? It impossible! Ha ha ha .. That IMPOSSI-"

"Are you always can't hide your expression when thinking?" 

Jae back to her sense. Jae give an awkward smile when she realised what she just did. "Ha ha.. what are you saying?" Jae rub her nape and drink her latte to cover her shamed.

Mino put his chin on his arm while look at her.

'What is it now? Aishh.. don't do that face! Did you don't know that you could kill me with just that kind of look?!'

"What were you thinking? seem like it a big conflict in your head," Mino point his head and chuckles.

" HA HA .. What are you talking about? I am just exercising my face. You never do that?" Jae scrunch her face, trying to make him trust her.

"You are not good at lying," Mino poke Jae's forehead with his finger and drink his Americano.

Jae freeze again. She still can't adapt with all the touch especially from Mino. She can feel her heartbeat beat fast than usual, 

"Look, you give that pabo look again, aigoo.." He shake his head and drink more hs Americano.

Jae clear before look at her watch. "Ohh.. it almost 4pm , I have to go somewhere," She quickly stand up.

"Where are you going?" Mino look at her curious.

"Emmm..." Jae thinking if she should tell him or not. "Somewhere! Thanks for the drink! I will make sure to buy you something later to repay you for today," She bow to Mino and walk out.

Before she can leave, Mino hold her arm. "Where? I will follow you," 

Jae shake her head with smile. "No it alright Minho Op- eh Mino ssi. I can go by myself, bye!" Jae run out from the shop, leaving Mino with question mark.

Jae take a relief sigh. It not his time yet to know what she wanna do. It her secret and no one else know about it. Even her mom or her roommate. She stop infront of the cafe infront of the private school. She have an order for some hot chocolate and toast while she facing to school gate.

The bell was rang from inside the school and the students start walking out from the school. Jae smile once the person she wait, out from the school. The person have a box smile when his friends make some joke. A black sedan car stop infront of him and he step in the car. Jae can see the one who fetch Taehyung is a woman in 40s. From there, she know that is her stepmom. Jae smiling and have a sip from her drink. She really wanna have a sibling from she was small but since her mom didn't get married anymore after divorce with her dad, she can't do anything other than accepting the fate. When she know he got brother, that make her happy even she just can look him from far. It become a routine for her to be there, waiting and watching her brother when she got time. 

Suddenly her phone ringing, make her back to reality. She take a look the phone and it her mom. She smile and take the call.

"Mom!!" 

"Baby! How are you?"

"I've been missing you so much," Jae pouting eventho her mom can't see it. "How are you?"

"Well I've been too busy this few weeks to clean up the house," 

"I'm sorry because I can't help you,"

"It alright my baby. I already send half of our furnitures and stuffs to our new house, can you take a look if you got time? I already told the owner about you so I will give you the address later,"

"Okay mom! You will come next week, right? I can't wait for it!"

Her mom's laughing can be heard throught the phone. "I know, same with me too. I never be this far from you for this long,"

"Emm.. you are right," Jae pouting again. Suddenly Jae remember something. "Ahh by the way, mom! I already buy a car in here. It will come next week too,"

"Really? is it the import one?"

"No, it a local one but it quiet good. It like the drama we used to watch..." 

 

 

Yes !! another chapter been released! And I am sorry if the chapter are so short. it hard for me now to update since it near my final now. And at last! I can finish up this chapter before my busy week XD Please feel free to UPVOTE and SUBSCRIBE my story! thanks everyone.