Chapter 10

Promise

"Knock!..knock!"

Jae walk out from her bedroom with her wet hair. She still drying her hair with towel when suddenly someone knocking her door. She look at the clock on the wall and it already 11.50pm. She wonder who come at that time. It not like anyone know where she live now except if they are her friends. She look through the door hole and she can't believe who she just saw. The door got knock again and Jae quickly open the door.

"Minho-ssi, w-what are you doing here at this time? Aren't you already go back home?"

He bite his lips, hesitate to said what in his mind. "I... bring this," he showed the bottles of beer in plastic with some snacks.

"W-wait for?" Jae dumbfounded.

"Emm... housewarming party (?)" He clear his throat. Jae can see, it must be hard for him to said that because from what Jae can see this few weeks with him, he not that good in starting any conversation in good way.

Jae chuckles when seeing Minho blushing like that. "Come in," Jae smilling and unlock the door.

Before Minho got his step to get in the house, suddenly the door infront of her house open. 

"Oh hi, I heard a loud knock at your house, is everything alright?" Seungyeon ask from his house.

"Oh yes, there nothing happen, it was just my friend," Jae give a soft smile to him.

Seungyeon look at Minho before smile to both of them. "I thought there was some stranger, so I was looking out,"

"It alright, he just thought I was sleeping, whatever is it, thank you, have a good night," Jae bow to him politely.

"Yes have a good night," Seungyeon smile and shut the door.

"Come get in," Jae open the door wide, inviting Minho to get in.

Minho walk in the house, he look around that medium size apartment.

"Well, it not as big as what you imagine but this is the only house we can afford right now," Jae rub her name with shy smile.

Minho give a smile to Jae while she followed Jae to the kitchen. "Still, this kind of house, it feel cozy and comfortable. There no need to have big house since there only two person who gonna stay here,"

"You are right, I was thinking the same too," Jae grins and take out the cup from cabinet.

"I was wondering if there an apartment to rent at here. It near our University and it comfortable," Mino still following Jae from back as Jae walk to living room.

They take a sit next to each other and Minho open the beer for them.

"But, Minho op- I mean Minho-ssi-"

"Just call me Minho oppa, I told you before right?"

Jae chuckles and sigh, give up. "But Minho oppa, your house is not that far too thought,"

"But here is more close," Minho take out the snack and have a bite.

"Don't leave your mom alone at that big house, she must feel lonely when you leave her alone in that house," Jae take out the bottles and put all on the table.

Minho think for awhile before answering Jae. "But, it just same if I am stay there or not. I still go out in the morning and get home by midnight,"

Jae smile and pour the drinks in the cup before hand it to Minho.

"I was actually already can afford to go back here and live here when my age was 17 but you know what make me hold until now?"

"What?" he take a sip of his drink.

"My mom. I don't want to leave her alone because I know she don't want to come here. I was hiding all my schools and universities offer letter I got if they are far from my house because I don't want to leave her. She has lose her husband and have to take care of me from I'm small by herself, and if I go, I am sure she will always crying, remembering everyone she lose and leave her,"

Minho just look at the drink, didn't said anything.

Jae hold Minho's arm to get his attention. "What I am going to said here, both your mom and my mom has lose someone they love, either dead or alive. We in the same situation with different story. They lose someone they loved at young age. They lose their husband, they lose someone who they thought they will live together until they become old, more important, they lose someone who they depend to protect them. But the only one who make them stronger is us, their child. We shouldn't let them alone again, right?"

Minho nodded after think for awhile. "You are right," he sigh and take another sip of his drink. " Thanks for reminding me about that. I never thought something like that until you told me,"

Jae just give a smile and sip her drink.

"Eventhought I was not that serious when I am saying I wanna stay here," Minho smirking and chuckles.

Jae got choked when heard what Minho was saying. She got blushing when she know she was take it serious when Minho was just saying without any serious plan to stay there. She smile innocently to Minho. "I was sensitive for a while, sorry,"

Minho giggles. "It alright, but truthfully, I never think that deep, not until you mention about it. Well, I guess, I was not thinking about what my mom feel. I was just thinking like I was get bullie-" he stop his words when he know he was too open with Jae.

Jae hold his arm again while looking at him. "Tell me about it, I want to listen it all from your mouth,"

Minho look at Jae, he starting to get touched with what Jae just saying. He clear his throat. "Everything you listen from other people, it all true except, my father was not at drunk state when he was accident. He got flu that day because of his weak antibody, he was drinking his herbal medicine that day before he got back home because the flu got bad. But since it his first time drinking that med, he don't know that med give some side effect which was sleepy. But netizen are so bad, they were saying my father was taking drug, was drunkard. People around me said bad things about our family, and I got bullied in school. The friends I trusted, they never help me, they just let me got hit and bullied..." Minho wipe his tears before continue again. "there once I was seriously injured, and the one who bullied me got arrested and was sent to juvenile school, my mom decide to sent me to my cousin school which far from here. At there, I'm starting to be underground rapper along with my cousin, remember Gun Hee?"

Jae thinking forawhile before nodded. "Gun-ie? the one who always come to your house?"

"Yeah, Gun-ie, or people know him as #Gun now. He the only friend I closed at that time. Then I learn every martial art that I can, everyone want to be friend with me that time when I always won many championship, but I am not gonna trust them. Precisely, I didn't make any friend with anyone,"

"Then how you friend with Hanbin and Jiwon?"

"We met after I graduate from high school. I come back here, and I join underground rapper in this area. The first person I met was Hanbin, and then Jiwon. They still kid that time, but they was unbelievable a good rapper. People was talking bad about me when I become popular among underground rapper, but then, this two idiots was defending me like they know me," Minho chucklesremembering the past. " From there I know they actually not like my other friends. We were stranger that time but they defending me, telling them for not bad mouthing me. And they the only friends who can handle my bad attitude," Minho chuckles again.

"But..." Jae turn her body to facing Minho. ".. I'm really proud of you because you safely through all this things until this moment. Instead of suicide or hurt yourself physically, you choose to fight back by being someone stronger than before. I really proud of you," Jae smiling while cupping Minho's cheeks dearly.

Minho hold Jae's hand which cupping his cheeks. "But I am not your oppa who always smilling," 

"Little did you know, you are still my dearest Minho oppa who is still kind-hearted, protective, and lovely behind that grumpy face," Jae pinch both his cheeks and giggles.

Minho smirking when listening what Jae just said. " I never know that,"

"And little did you know, now you always smile just like 16 years ago?" 

"To be honest, talking with you make me remember about our childhood day, you might be not really remember, but I remember everything we do when we were child,"

"Really? try me!"

"You was crying when I leave you at our backyard playground. I was desperately wanna go to toilet but you was crying like I leave you forever!"

"I am not!"

"Yes you are! and you was...."

The night end with laugh and teasing from each other. The beers and snacks reduce one by one... along with the time which past faster then they thought. They getting drunk but they didn't stop until they run out of beers.

" There no beers anymore?" Jae asking Minho while showing Minho the empty beer bottle.

Minho shake his head with sleepy eyes. He already on the couch, trying to fight his drunk state.

Jae sigh and sit next to Minho before lend her head on Minho's shoulder. "I got another question!" she ask with loud voice.

"hmm what is it?" Minho mumbling, he still fixing his position to lay comfortable on that small couch with Jae who lend on him.

"Did you still remember you used to ask if you want to marrying me? Will you still marrying me now?" Jae ask near his ear with her eyes close.

 

Another chapter been released, I was planning to released and end this fanfics by this week since my class will start next week T_T Feel free to subscribe my fanfics!