Chapter 8

Promise

"Wait , did we missed something?" Jennie ask and look at Jae.

"Well this two- ahh!" 

"Well our first meeting was not good, but yeah we are okay now," Jae scratch her head awkwardly after cut Hanbin word by kicking his leg.

Mino just nodded while eating his food.

"Ahh by the way, this is my friends, Rose, Sunghoon, Jisoo and Jennie. All of you know this three guys, right?" Jae change the topic and introduce her friends.

Hanbin and Jiwon bow and Jisoo, Sunghoon, Jennie and Rose bow to them again.

"So where else you guys hangout?" Hanbin asking all of them.

"Oh they were actually helping me on cleaning my new house before my mom come here," Jae answering Hanbin.

"What? you didn't stay at hostel anymore?" Hanbin pouting.

Jae chuckles. "It not like that, my mom will come to Korea and stay here, so she buy new house here,"

"when will she come here?" Mino asking Jae suddenly.

"Oh- emm.. this week," Jae answer it shyly.

"Her house actually so good thought eventho it just apartment," Jennie join the conversation.

"Really? Can we go there too?" 

Jae thinking first before answering Jiwon. "Well, we have to go to Ikea first,"

"Well we can help," Mino didn't look at her but instead giving a warm help while eating his food.

"Wait really?" Jae ask again to get the confirmation.

Mino nodded.

"Ouh thanks," Jae rub her nape.

Hanbin and Jiwon were speechless when seeing how Mino act.

Jennie elbowing Jisoo softly and whispered to her. "Is the rumors are false about Mino is rude and cold? Because I think all that rumors are different from what we sees now,"

"I know! but it just make me like him more!" Jisoo also whispering to Jennie with excited smile.

 


 

All 8 of them walk out from the restaurant.

"So, you guys want to go shopping by what?" Hanbin ask to Jae.

"Well, we were riding Sunghoon's car but it still park in front of Jay's apartment," Rose answering Hanbin's question.

"So, we will wait here, I guess ...?" Hanbin point Mino's car which next to him while look at Minho, if he agree to wait in the car or not.

Minho nodded. "Jae can ride with us," he said it without look at her and get into his 4 wheel-drive.

"M-me??"

"Yes- yes sure ,"All 4 of her friends nodded agreeing with Minho after take a few seconds to answer him and walk to their car without look at Jae. From their expression, Jae feel like her friends was selling her to some bad guy. 

"G-guys?"

"Go on, we will follow you guys from back," Jisoo smiling with awkward smile before walk to the other friends.

Jae blinking unbelievable. 'Did they afraid of Minho?'

"Come in, Jay-ssi," Hanbin as always, treating her nice, while Jiwon being gentle, let Jae get in the back seat.

"Jae-ie, get on at in front seat, next to me," Minho tell Jae once Jae is ready to get in the car.

Jiwon pausing his step to in front seat when he heard the order.

Hanbin chuckles before clear his throat. "I guess it better for you to sit infront," he tell to Jae.

Jae nodded, confused. "ahh... okay.." She walk to co-driver seat and sit next to Minho with awkward.

The car is awkwardly quiet. Once Sunghoon car already wait at their back, Minho starting to drive. 

"So, did you already list what to buy?" Minho ask Jae while his focus on road.

Jae nodded and take out the list. "It actually not many but it a big stuffs," Jae rub her nape.

Minho lean his body to Jae's side and take a look the list once they at red traffic light. They are so close to each other, just like couple, make both person at the back feel awkward.

"Cupboard, refrigerator, dining table... I guess we can ask them to send it to your house, "

Jae nodded, understanding. But then she realised they were so close to each other. 

Minho just act naturally and back to his driving position back once the traffic light turn to green. 

Jae can feel her cheek become hot. She easily blushing now with everything that Minho do toward her. But with expressionless reaction from Minho make her wonder if Minho also treating other girl like that or it just her imagination.

 


 

"It been awhile I've been in furniture store. It make me excited," Jennie grinning while hugging Jisoo.

"Should we buy some stuff too for us?" Jisoo asking Jennie with excited.

"Yes!" and there, both of them run into the store without look back.

"Look at that two," Jae sigh. She thought her friends will help her choosing the furniture but seem like they enjoying theirself. Rose and Sunghoon already gone from their sight. "Why did they follow me if they want to enjoy themself?"

Bobby and Hanbin just chuckles when seeing Jae's sigh.

"I guess you can't really do anything with them tho," Hanbin tell Jae with smile on his face.

"Hanbin-ah! Gaming chair!!" Bobby calling Hanbin from the other rack.

Hanbin grinning when seeing what he just see. "Wait! I'm coming!"  There Hanbin running to Jiwon.

Jae pouting when seeing all her friends already find what they want. Suddenly she heard a chuckles.

"I guess, I'm the only one who loyal with you," Minho smirking and push Jae by shoulder to their destination.

Jae's cheek already red, blushing with Minho's words and act.

Both of them reach the cupboard section. Jae already back to her sense and quickly out from any awkward situation. While Jae looking to each cupboard, Minho just following her from back. There a lot of cupboard she love but none of it fit with her budget. She need to control the finance so that she can use the money for other things too.

"Jae-ie,"

Jae turn her head to Minho as he called her and look at where Minho point.

" You love this cartoon when small," Minho said with smirking while pointing the cupboard with cartoon design.

Jae chuckles, "Wait, you are the one who love this cartoon! I was love this cartoon because you loved -" Jae stop her words when suddenly she realised that they were talking something that they shouldn't talk.

Minho chuckles. "There no used to hide from me, I saw you out from my house last time,"

"W-wait.. you saw me?! So that why you become..."

Suddenly Minho put his index finger to Jae's lips make her freeze. "I got attracted to you even before that," 

Minho smirk and walk pass her, make her more confused.

"Wait, Mino-ssi-"

"I prefer you call me Minho oppa like before," Minho cut Jae's words.

"Aren't it weird?" Jae catch Minho's step.

"No it not weird as long as it you," Minho stop and poke Jae's forehead before continue on walking.

"But Mino-ssi I got-" 

"Minho oppa!" Minho remind Jae's again.

Jae run infront of Minho, stopping him from walk further.

"But if you know, why you didn't said anything whenever meet me?"

"Emm..." Minho walk to Jae and close his face to Jae's ear. "I want to see, when will you tell me who you are," Minho smirking and walk passed her before he stop again. "Ohh... but I'm so impressed that you can hide it until now," Then he walk to other section.

Suddenly Minho felt someone pulled his shirt from back. He turn around to see Jae look down while holding his shirt.

"I-I'm sorry, I just .. I just don't know how to tell you. Well, our first meeting after 16 years was not good, I was slapping you and it just make me feel guilty-"

Minho hold Jae's shoulder make her stop her words and look at Minho.

"If you don't slap me that day, maybe you won't give any impact for me to remember you today. Everything happen in past, is what make us got this connection like today. Don't feel sorry," Minho caress Jae's head with bright smile on his face.

Jae can feel that her heart beating fast when seeing how Minho treat her. She know she got no way to turn back. Her heart already on him. The smile she missed so much, is now infront of her, showing the attraction which may make other girl fall for him too.

 

Oh gosh.. it been awhile, right? Well not A WHILE, PRECISELY A LONG WHILE =.= I am sorry guys! My university life are so gonna killed me. Plus, I was busy with my another fanfics of Wooseok and Sua so it been hard for me "^_^ but if you guys wanna read it, Click HERE . It more to some supernatural and psychic power, what I mean, it more my style than all-love things but yeah.. after all, I love to make fanfics with my own imagination "^_^ Feel free to read and subscribe my novel ^_^ Thank you ^_^