Chapter 3

Promise

"It about our Mino hyung, I just wanna say sorry on his behalf,"

Hanbin words make Jae thinking for awhile. 

"It not your fault, why did you said sorry? That sorry words should be from him, not you," Jae give a smile to Hanbin.

They are at the rooftop of Jae's hostel. Jae never know that the hostel got place like that. It not everyone know about it because the entrance are near with back door.

"Well he never say that thought, even he feel really sorry," Hanbin scratch his head.

Jae just give a smirk. "See! that the problem. If he didn't says sorry, how did we know if he really change and won't repeat the same wrong?"

"I just don't feel right because he act like that to you,"

Jae smile and messed Hanbin's hair make Hanbin look at her, confused.

"It none of your fault, so don't say sorry, okay? Your fault is to be friend with him. I don't like to see you said sorry on behalf of him like it your burden on everything he did,"

Hanbin pat a seat next to him.

Jae understand it well and sit next to him.

"Actually he is not a bad person. I know him from the first day he was here. He didn't talk to anyone, he was quiet, but he got a strong aura that make other students afraid to be near him. He always do his own things without disturbing others. What can I say, he is independent."

"I am not saying he is bad , who am I to say he is a bad person, right? it just he is so rude,"

"That is how he defend himself,"

"Emm? what did you mean he defend himself?" Jae look at Hanbin in serious.

"That rudeness is all because of his insecurities feeling. I didn't heard it from him, but someone who got same class with him when he was at middle school told me that he was bullied victim.I heard it because his father died from driving in drunk state, everyone picked him as their target. It not just guys who bullied him, but also the girls. So he change his school and learn all the martial arts at his new school, as you can see how he is now, that the result from get bullied,"

Jae a bit taken when hearing all the stories from Hanbin but try to not feel sympathy by someone like him. "But still! he can't do that to innocent girl like me! or even anyone! That not how he should handle everything infront of him,"

Hanbin just chuckles. "Insecurities, phobia, it a same thing but different meaning. The result is same, afraid of something. It just how he defending himself,"

Jae nodded, thinking how insecure feeling can affect a life. Then she just realised something."But woah~ what a good phrase you got!" Jae clap her hand, amazed with Hanbin's words.

Hanbin laugh with the sudden mood change. " Sometimes I am poetry, sometimes I am just being student,"

Both of them laugh again. The day end with the sun set prettily behind the mountain infront of them.

 


 

"What are we doing here?" Jae stop infront of their hostel's gate make Rose wonder why.

"Oh I forgot to tell you that we will wait my two friends. They said they wanna go to University with us,"

Rose just nodded, understanding what Jae saying.

"Ladies~" 

A voice make both Rose and Jae look at where the voice come.

Jae a bit startled when seeing Jisoo is driving a car. She never thought they were riding a Porsche Caymen. But then she relised that they won't be here if she is not from a noble family.

"I thought we will walk," Jae scratch her head awkwardly.

"Nah~ we got car to ride so why don't we ride it, right?" Jisoo winks to them.

"Come in!" Jennie get out from car and pull both Rose and Jae's hand into the back seat.

Both of them get in the car. 

"Hi, I am Rose, I am Jay's roommate," Rose introduce herself.

"Hi Rose, I am Jennie and this is Jisoo," Jennie give a peace sign to Rose.

"If you are Jay's friend, than you are our friend too so don't feel shy with us," Jisoo give a calm words to Rose.

"I'm glad to meet you guys," Rose give a smile.

Jae smile slightly with her new friends. 

"Ahh by the way , guess what?" Jennie look at Jae's excitedly. She already turn her body 180 degrees to facing Jae.

"Guess what 'what'?" Jae look confused.

"We found your picture in Cleo magazine!!" Jennie showed to Jae the magazine with Jae's modelling picture.

"Wait , this is you? woah!" Rose also feel excited when seeing the picture.

Jae rub her nape. "This was taken last month. I never thought it also released in korean version too," she give an awkward smile.

"We were actually never thought to find you in magazine because we didn't know you were model but I saw this and the person seem familiar to us. And I read the model name, and it was write Jay Kim. From there we know this is you," Jennie explain wide and compact make Jae giggles.

"But I never told you guys my English name!"

"What we know your name is Jay, it doesn't matter if there got Kim or not as long as we sure that is you,"Jisoo grins. "Jen, sit properly, we already at University gate,"

Jennie sit properly while smile shyly "Sorry, I was too excited until I don't know what I did,"

Jisoo mess Jennie hair. "Okay, Jendeukie!"

Jennie pouting. "Don't call me that!"

"That name is so cute, Jendeuk," Jae added, teasing Jennie more.

"Yahh~" Jennie pouting

All of them laugh.

 


 

Orientation week already passed and they got a day of free time so most of students that stay in the hostel were having their day that day. So do Jay and Rose.

"Where will you go today?" Jae look at Rose which already wear some lipstick and and compact powder on her face.

"Emm.. I'm going out with this guy, Remember the guy that sit next to me last time? He ask me out today with him, like a date," Rose smile excitedly.

"That early? Woah you must be so popular in the past,"

Rose giggles. "There is no relation between being popular in past and having a date now! We just friend thought,"

"It just a week, ofcourse you will call it friend, it will change later once it pass a month, two months, three months.."

"Stop it!" Rose laugh and throw her pillow to Jae. "Where will you go today?"

"Emm.. I'm going to look at my old residence first. I'm kinda missed that place," Jae give a grins while wearing her leather jacket.

"There must be a lot of memories in there," Rose close her closet and sit on her bed.

Jae nodded. "Too much memories, plus I'm going to meet someone which also my first reason to be here again,"

"Emm? who? your dad?"

Jae shake her head. "My mom didn't let me meet him again. She afraid that I might disturbing my dad's new family. I'm going to meet my old friend," 

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that. But seem like your old friend is so special to you," 

Jae nodded. " Of  course, plus he already promise me something,"

Rose quickly go beside Jae. "Promise? what is it?"

Jae just give a big smile. " It a secret, bye bye! see you tonight!" 

Jae quickly take her phone and handbag then run out from their room.

"Yah!" Rose called her but no answer from her.

 


 

"We have reach to your destination," the taxi driver told Jae once he stop the car.

"Thank you, here the pay," She give the money to the taxi driver after look at the price on the meter.

"Here your balance, have a good day, young lady," The driver give the balance to Jae back.

"Thank you, you too," Jae give a smile and walk out from the taxi.

The taxi leave her alone on the road near the broken playground. She look around and walk to the broken playground. The slide and swing look so old but it still can be use. 

"Woah.. 16 years run so fast and here you are, looking so old," Jae talk with the slide and the swing like it her old friends. "I missed you guys," Jae smile and sit on the swing before swing it slowly. She remember the first time she came there, the place was pretty and attractive. But now, it become messed and some of it cant work at all. Jae take her DSLR from her bag and take a picture of the playground. She love to take a picture of her memories. she wanna to keep all her memories as one album, so that she can look at it back when she forgot about it.

The sun start to give a heat, so Jae move from that old playground and walk to her old residence. There a lot of change happen in 16 years ago. Even thought she's not perfectly remember it, but she can feel that it not as familiar as it be from the past. Her leg stop by itself once she walk infront of a big house with a big yard infront of it. She know that house well. She remember it. The house that she used to stay. Her hand wanna reach the bell but she stop her act. She remember what her mom saids before she come here. All what her mom said was right, she shouldn't let her dad know her existence in Korea. That could ruin her father's family. Plus, that house didn't feel familiar for her anymore. Maybe because the one who decorate the house is not her mom. Or maybe that house is no longer inviting her.

"Emm... did you wanna meet someone?"

Jae quickly turn her head to the voice. It come from a high schooler boy with an ice cream at his hand. He look handsome but at the same time, he is cute too. 

"Emm? I'm sorry, what did you say?" Jae ask him again. Because it in Korean, she need a slow conversation with focus on it  to understand the whole sentence.

"I'm saying, did you wanna meet someone in this house? This is my house," The boy repeat it.

"You're Mr Kim Min Chul's son?" Jae ask again, wondering if he is his father's new child.

He nodded. " Did you wanna meet him? He not at home yet, but my mom at home now. I will tell her..." he peaked into his house where it got one silver sedan in the house.

"Ehh it alright, I was actually the old neighbourhood in here, I was just walk passed around here. By the way, I'm going now, thanks because talk to me, bye," Jae cut his words and quickly bow to him.

The boy bow to her back . "Bye!"

Jae walk when suddenly she remember to ask something to the boy. " Ahh , kid! What is your name again?"

"Me? I am Kim Tae Hyung,"

"Can I take a picture of you?" Jae ask again.

Tae Hyung show his confuse look but then nodded. Jae take her DSLR and take a picture of him while him make a peace pose with his adorable smile. It make Jae wanna smile too when seeing him.

"Thank you, it been nice to meet you Tae Hyung ah," Jae bow and smile to him before walk to the other house.

The boy just look at her, still in confuse before get in the house.

 


 

Hi hi hii! gonna post another chapter! I promise to post it lalst night but I am too sleepy to open my laptop so here I am now! Enjoy my story !