Chapter 1

Promise

"I'm home!" says Jae once she open the door.

She can hear her mom's foot step from kitchen toward her.

"Hi baby, how's your work?" her mom come to her with pink apron.

"Emmm mummy~" Jae hug her mom tightly with a relief smile. " It a tired day like always, but I'm excited with the smell of your cook. What did you make for dinner, mum?" she released the hug and look at her mom.

Jae's workdays are unpredictable. It can be on weekdays, it can be on weekends, early in the morning or even on midnight. Working as a part time model is not easy for her. But as she was being model from she's in middle school, it a common thing to do as routine. She used to be model for some popular magazines too and that make her more popular when she was at school and some modelling agencies. Her face is everywhere, magazines, websites or even newspapers but she didn't wanna make this job as her main career because she wanna be profesional photographer. But for now, she didn't have much choice, so she have to be model until she got offer from Universities that offer Photography course.

" Emmm... your favourite food?" her mom smirk.

Jae's covering , "tteokbokki?? really mum??" her smile become more wide once her mom nodded. "OMG it been so long you didn't made it!! aren't it hard to make by yourself ?" she pouted playfully.

"Well , since I took a day off today, why don't I make something special for you," her mom smile and walk to kitchen.

Jae grinning while following her mom to kitchen. She hug her mom from back while they walk to kitchen. "You are the best mom in the world!!" 

Her words just make her mom giggles. "And I got another surprise for you!"

Jae which already infront of the taebokki, look at her mom excitedly. Seeing her mom with happy reaction, she's sure it some good news. "What is it, mummy?"

Her mom take out an envelop from her apron's pocket and show it to Jae. The envelop was writed 'Winner University' with the logo infront of it.

"MOM, SERIOUSLY??!!" Jae's covering .

"Yeah open it," her mom give the envelope to her.

Jae quickly tear it and read the letter. "OMG MUMMY!! I GOT IT!!" She shouted and hug her mom tightly. "wait... i know I had filled the application form but I didn't remember I sent it, " she stop jumping and look at her mom.

"I saw it when I was clean up your room before. Aren't this is what you really want?" Her mom still smile.

Jae's eyes fill with tears. "But mummy I don't think I can go, I won't leave you alone,"

Her mom give a smile and caress her head. " You have to go first, I have to pack and clean up this house before leave and send a resign letter to my company, so it will took like a month before I'll be there..."

"W-wait mummy, is that mean you will go to Korea with me? Are we gonna move to Korea BACK?!" Jae hold her excited until her mom give an answer that she need.

"Yes," Her mom just smile.

"OMG! thank you so much Mummy!!!" Jae hugging her mom tightly while she's crying with happiness.

Her mom smile and hug her tight. Since Jae was child, she know Jae never got the happiness she want. A broken family, was forcely leaving her childhood friend, growing up without father, but still Jae still keep a smile on her lips. That what make Jae's mom feel more guilty. It not her first to see an application form to Korea's Schools or Universities in her daughter's room. She know her daughter really wanna go back to Korea again, so when she saw a University application form was on her daughter's study desk, she applied it for her. She don't wanna regret because she unintentionly hold her daughter's dream, so she sacrifice anything to make her daughter to not worried about her.

 


 

Jae walk pass the arrival door with her sunglasses on her nose. She is so excited until she can't even sleep well in the flight. The reason why she is too happy for being in Korea is because she love Korea , she love kpop artists, she love korean food, she love everything from korea. and the second reason, she want to find her first love. it been like 16 years , but she still can remember the promise that been made by him with her.

She never though she will set her foot on Korea's land again this early because her mom said they got no relatives in Korea, so there is  no reason to come back here. Even her father which already 16 years not meet, can't be contact, well to be precise, her mom don't want to have any relation with his father. Her mom never tell the reason why her mom leaving her father but Jae know there must be a solid reason which hard for her mom to explain to her. She can still remember her father. But she also still remember her paternal grandparents who didn't like her and her mom. She not even want to meet them too from what they did to her mom and herself. She just really wish that she can meet her father again but half of herself is not ready to meet her father. She still feel hurt because what he make her mom sad.

While she's walking out from Arrival Door, she sees her name which been hold by a guy which around her age. Since Winner University is a Private University, they will prepared someone to fetch the students which from overseas. So she know that guy is from her University.

"Emm hey.. that is my name," Jae give a smile to the guy and point to the banner. She's trying to talk in Korean but she's not that fluent because usually she will talk with her mom by using Japanese or English language. So she's give up and talk to him using english.

The guy rub his nap and give an awkward smile then ask Jae back with some awkward english slang. "Are you Kim Jae Yee from UK?" 

"Oh yes that my name, but you can call me Jay," She give a hand to him for handshake.

"I am Kim Hanbin, you can call me Hanbin, I thought you are Korean," still with awkward english, the guy introduce himself with his shy smile and handshake with her. "I will bring you to your hostel, come," he say politely.

"I am half Korean and Japanese, I might have a hard time to talk in korean but I can understand korean, you can just speak in korean," Jae rub her nape while smile shyly.

Hanbin give a relief sigh. "Pweuhh... I am so glad when you said like that, because I am not good when talk in English but I know what are you saying," He replied her in Korean.

Jae chuckles and nodded.

"By the way, our car is right here," Hanbin pull Jae's luggage and walk to where the vehichles was park.

"Okay," Jae smile and followed him.

Once they reach to the van with Winner's University logo, Hanbin invite her to get in while he bring the bag to trunk. All the way to the hostel, Hanbin keep talking to her . Even sometimes Jae having a hard time to interpret what Hanbin was saying, she still can catch up what they were chatting about. For her, Hanbin quite a good talker when it come to stranger. She feel so acceptable eventhought both of them talk like duck and chicken (both talk different language to each other). 30 minutes later, they reach the hostel.

"We are here! this is girl's hostel, and tomorrow, you can go to University by following this road. It not really far from here," Hanbin showing the way and building for her guide.

Jae's nodded and give a smile. They taking out Jae's luggage from trunk and walk to Office. 

"Is it alright for you to following me until here? It alright if you wanna leave me here, I can go by myself," Jae's shoot another smile to Hanbin.

"Well, I will send you until to the office then," Hanbin push the door once they reach to office. " Father, I'm sending another international student,"

Jae a bit shock when she heard him calling a guy which in early 40 infront of her as 'Father'. He was sitting alone in the office infront of computer. He smile when seeing Hanbin and Jae. "Please come in," He said to Jae then look at Hanbin." Hanbin, you can put her luggage at the corner. I guess there no other new student for today, so you can go back home now," He added.

"I'm going out before back home," Hanbin smile to the guy and look at Jae. "See you later, Jay," 

"Sure," She smile to Hanbin and Hanbin leave the office.

"Young lady, can you give me your documents?" The guy ask her, make Jae back to her sense.

"Oh here," Jae giving a documents for hostel used. 

"And you can call me Mr. Kim, I'm your warden in here. You can find me here,"

Jae just nodded with his explaination.

"Actually Hanbin is not a student in here, he just work as part-timer," Mr. Kim give a slightly smile while his hand key-in the data in his computer.

"Eh .. I thought he is one of student," Jae rub her nape while give a guilty smile.

"Did he look matured?" Mr Kim chuckled. "He is a high school student, but mostly his friends are from this university, that why he look matured than his age, same as his friend, Jiwon, Jiwon is a year older than him but they really love to come here and friend with our students,"

"Ahh really? I can't guess korean age that well since at my place the children look more matured then their age. So it kinda confused me here," Jae rub her nap.

"It alright you can learn it slowly, 3 years are longer than you expected," Mr Kim give a warm smile that make Jae feel open with him.

The registration succesfully done and she's been brought to her room. Each room got 2 students and Jae was lucky because there no one yet in the room, so that she didn't need to talk to anyone. She still need to learn korean language more because it been awhile she didn't talk in korean. All the korean words that she learn is from kdramas and ksongs.

After she's done unpacking her luggage, she lay on bed and grins happily. She still can't believed that she already at Korea and she will starting her life in here. Jae take her handphone from her desk and dial her mom's number.

"Hello?"

"Mummy!! I already at my hostel room now!!"

" I am glad that you already reach there. So how's there?"

"Here is so cool and peaceful! So far, it is okay for me and I didn't meet any friend from this university yet if you wonder," Jae laugh as she can read her mom mind.

Her mom laugh with her daughter sense of humour.

"I will be there in the end of this month , okay? I already found some small apartment near your University so that you can back home whenever you want. And there are some vacancy at town. I already applied but still wait from their response,"

"But mummy~ aren't you should just relax first? take a rest for a month or two before start finding work. My expenses that I give to you, you never use it! I found that it already reach more then 10 thousands. What you gonna do with that money? you should enjoy your life, mum,"

"Yahh! did you open my secret locker?"

"It not secret anymore, mum! go enjoy yourself using that money!"

"I keep it so that you can use it later,"

Jae sigh and smile when hear that from her mom.

"Mummy, I still got plenty of my money from my last showcase so you have not worry about me, mum! I got my savings too,"

"Aigoo... you really are stubborn!"

"Yeah , just like you!"

both of them laugh and talk more. They never be apart before. Even Jae and her mom were busy, but Jae never let herself leave her mom for more then 2 days. She don't wanna her mom to feel lonely. But her mom always wanna Jae to chase her dream and didn't hold herself because of her mom. Her mom know that she want to meet someone in here and that why her mom sacrifice her job for her one and only daughter. Because there are no men in their house, they are growing up to complete each other for 16 years.

 



Hey guys!! here again my-so-many-change fanfics XD I change the whole story to make it more attractive eventho i know it is not XD take your itme to read it, or you guys can just subcribe this story!! love you guys!!