Always

That One Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The car got to a halt as we reached our destination. Everyone's faces expressed excitement because this was our first time going out altogether since Lisa was discharged. Our manager thought it would be touching and nostalgic to go to the same beach that we went to a few weeks ago, the time when Lisa thought it was funny to hide my bikini -.-

We each jumped out of the car in our swims suits with our towels wrapped around us, but I still had on my swim jacket because I thought it was cold since it just rained not long ago. There was nothing wrong with YG and the manager coming along. It’s just I was surprised that he came. Doesn't he normally have a lot off work to attend to? Something’s fishy.

I watched them go without me down the wooden stairs and onto the sand barefoot. I strolled behind despite the fact that they tried cooing me over to join them. The manager happily went with them so that she could watch out for them. I didn't want to pull them down because of my current mood. My mind was still a surging perplexity. Instead of going with them, I approached the cliff (no, I’m not suicidal XD).

The powerful sea breeze hit me hard but it was a good feeling. It whispered like a lover, placed salty kisses on my cheek and tousled my long chocolate dyed hair. Going with the flow, I leaned onto the parapet of the cliff, absorbing the eye-opening view. I looked out to the vast ocean with tears starting to stream down my face. I could do nothing but reflect and stare at the horizon in front of me. But beyond those magical waves was something even more amazing and breath-taking: Beautiful smudges of coral lay beneath the ocean’s surface. Lavender, turquoise, and a fiery orange blended together that created an alluring sunset so astounding that it swept me away from all my worries, just like the waves creeping over seashells and stealing them in a matter of seconds.

I heard the crumbling of rocks from the footsteps that were approaching behind me. I thought it was just a bypassing fan who wanted an autograph from me or one of those paparazzi groups waiting to invade my privacy again. When I turned around, it turned out that the person who was approaching me was just YG. I returned my gaze back to the horizon looking unsatisfied (sorry YG lol).

"Hey." I greeted still looking at the ocean, biting my bottom lip in misery. He suddenly stuck his hand out to me, and you cannot believe what I saw. It was my keychain! I faced him fully. "You had it?" I asked excitedly with my voice kept at a minimum. He smiled as I took it from him slowly as if he was holding a bubble. I held it to my heart and thanked him. "We're family Chae; you thought I didn't know? Of course, the relationship between-", I didn't want him to finish because I wouldn't be able to bear it. "-I know, and I'm terribly sorry." I bowed to him. He was so surprised that he laughed, "The saying goes, I have eyes at the back of my head haha your manager is really something. She remained faithful to you and hid the footage, but I found out about it by myself soon enough.” I lifted my head up again and straightened myself up from my extended bow. You mean after all the trouble and pressure of trying to tell him, he already knew?! I don’t know how to keep secrets anymore… it seemed like everyone knew about Lisa and me da heck.

"I'm not saying that loving someone is wrong. These occurrences happen at random, and in your case it seemed you've fallen in love with Lisa. However, what you’ve done can’t be reversed. It’s up to you to decide which choice is not only best for you but for Lisa as well." He slid his hands in his hip pockets of his business trousers and looked out to the ocean, narrowing his eyes. "Based on my understanding here, Lisa initiated all of this correct?” he asked moving back and forth on his feet as if he wasn't comfortable standing. He must’ve seen the footage ugh how embarrassing. I shot him a confused look regardless. YG noticed that I needed more clarification on this, "You see, while I was visiting Lisa at the hospital, she was caught sleep talking... so listen up".

 

FLASHBACK YG POV: I saw moving, she uttered your name a couple of times, and in between, she was apologising too. Sorry this and sorry that. Saying things that related to the both of you like the events you both battled through. Initially, I thought it was raw evidence for us to figure out about the unexpected car crash but it was much more profound than I’d imagined. I knew that it wasn't any of my business to listen on, but I wanted to understand the situation. Then I saw the keychain with both of you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter