Defiance

That One Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was lying on my bed in a starfish position facing upwards. With Lisa no longer 'here', sleep becomes a fleeting chore. I wrestled at nights with the dark and the light trying to find comfort from either side but most times I lose the fight. I have become content with my sleepless nights where I’ve found comfort in my thoughts and memories of the past, of Lisa. Things seemed clearer but only for a while as I fight to take control of the lethargy that creeps up and create night time horror during my sleepless hours. The dark consumed but sleep still eluded, it appeared it has divorced itself from me. I tossed from one side to the other, my bed that had been so carefully made became a tangle of covers. I’m sleepless right now, when rest is all I needed to refuel myself to make it through one more day.

-

Lisa was discharged from the hospital later yesterday, and her stuff got moved back here. Can’t believe she made us carry them for her -.- but we were so happy to have her back!

The way she acted when she rejoined with us in the dormitory was very... normal. She acted like what Lisa would've acted if it weren't for me who got into her room that night to apologize... Nonetheless, I tried to prompt any memory recall by giving subtle hints to see if she has actually forgotten about 'us'. Unfortunately, it seemed like she has (knew that was coming)... I asked if she remembered my bruise on my hand and she replied that she didn’t... which hurt like a lot. I also tried showing her the empty cans of drinks I drank that made me drunk from a few weeks ago. She didn't relate them to me at all or at least in a negative way, instead she just praised that I've done a good job at keeping away from those drinks... how wrong could she be XD.

For her, if she knew, this would be the best blessing that God could've given her. What's better than forgetting all that angst and the struggle that has been haunting her after we’ve slept together? Now, she doesn't need to worry anymore. She's free. It's a new start for her as long as no one triggers that memory.

It was early in the morning and Lisa was more clueless than usual. Her brain must be still adjusting to everything around her but I'm not one to talk as I've never had amnesia before. At one point, she asked us what her lyrics were in 'Stay'. Oh my.. we've got a lot to work on don't we? It's a team effort to get Lisa back on track! And well maybe, get me back on track too?

"So is it like this?" Lisa asked while copying Jisoo in the practice room. "Aishh, still off a bit." Jisoo pursed her lips while straightening Lisa's back. "Wow, we might need to move you down to one of those backup dancers if this keeps up XD." Jennie quipped while laughing. "No way unnie. I'm gonna keep trying." Lisa snapped confidently. She always looks like she's doing aegyo whenever she tried to get angry haha. I watched from the bench. I can't believe this is happening. She really doesn't remember anything leading up to the car crash.

"Oi Chaeyoung-ah! Why are you sitting over there like a Snorlax? You said we'll reteach it to her remember? That includes you." Jisoo called across the room. "But I just tried unnie... you saw it. She didn't understand a single thing when I taught her." I replied back pouting. Jisoo crossed her arms while Lisa waved at me. Playing along, I complied. "Ok fine." I stood up and walked over.

To be honest, it wasn't that hard to act as if nothing happened between Lisa and I because it all felt like the old days, I was already use to it. It’s possible that the other girls think that everything was solved now and that Lisa and I are on good terms because they thought that I’ve confessed to YG already in the studio but little did they know, I haven’t because of the interrupted call that he got from Lisa’s doctor. Talk about bad timing...

This was nothing out of the ordinary. Just some girls helping out a friend. That's how I began to see things. Ever since she has woken up, I guess you could say that I was able to return to my old self. For right now, I blocked all of my worries and just focused on getting Lisa to learn the song because it was our highest priority right now. I can deal with my other sht later like my confession that I've yet to make to YG, my lost key chain, the privacy of the tape and ugh, just thinking about them made my blood boil.

Once I approached them, a light switched on in my mind. "Why don't we just show her the recorded video of us dancing to the song before the car crash?" I suggested while looking down at Lisa. "Actually, that’s not a bad idea. If kinesthetic learning doesn’t work then maybe we need some visuals to up the ante." Jennie agreed while turning on the laptop. “Like me?” Jisoo boasted. We rolled o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter