Lalisa Manoban

That One Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Blurring at the edges. I can’t tell up from down. I’m not sure if I’m breathing. I saw Jennie, Jisoo and Lisa smiling in the far-away distance with the top part of their faces faded. The white foggy mist that surrounded me slowly covered them as they moved further and further away from my reach. I ran and ran continuously trying to catch up to them, but soon enough, I found myself running in a place of white nothingness. I choked as I am pulled apart, as I slowly exploded from the inside out… The pain is unbearable, building, building, building ---! 

A scream was torn from my chest forcing me back to consciousness. Waking up was no longer the pleasure it was. There was a fleeting moment when I am whole again, but it evaporates faster than summer rain off the scorched earth. After a minute or two, the sound of rain hitting the windows permeated my ears. Slowly and reluctantly, I uncovered my face. My eyelids flickered open to the unlit room. No daylight. I closed them again, willing the carousel to return, for my mind to tumble back to my ongoing dreams, but it won't. By the time my eyes had opened, my brain has become overwhelmed all over again as if it were all new, fresh, raw. I was awake, and there was no retreat. 

I blinked, closed my eyes, and blinked again. I stole a glance at the pointless alarm clock, glowing red, and reached out to turn off the buzzer. Geez, it was only 2pm in the afternoon, I could've slept longer if it weren't for that dream. Seriously, what was up with that?

I edged my head to the side and saw my feet dangling above the carpet below from the couch. I sat up but noticed something unfamiliar that shielded over me. I got my hands from under my blankets and felt the material of the jacket. I recognised that it belonged to Lisa. The smell and the oppa vibe... there was no mistake. There was no way that she could’ve covered me with it while I was sleeping. I smiled faintly. She shouldn't have... 

I was taking a short nap since I had nothing to do. Liar! There's always something to do when you're a kpop idol lol.

My eyes glanced outside. I decided to go outside to get some fresh air even though it was gloomy asf but it was better than staying indoors with the growing thick air. I made myself get up from the couch and went to the glazed-see through door to observe. Well at least the rain stopped.

When I opened the door, petrichor flooded my nostrils. It wasn't the most pleasant smell but it definitely woke me up fully. I forwarded into the garden and faced skyward. The clouds moved south toward the ocean, together yet independent. Gaps widened and closed, one slid right under another and are always changing shape. Clouds dominated the sky leaving transitory patches of blue without letting any sunlight through. Though they were mostly white, there is a hint of greyness, a suggestion that rain may occur again. I watched the bright colors squeezing through clouds as they shift. Dude… I need to take a picture of this! IT WAS JUST SO DAUNTINGLY BEAUTIFUL XD.

It was faint but I started hearing noises from the back of the dormitory, it was coming from Big Pink, the tree that was hidden in its own little world. Would it be okay for me to check it out? I ditched getting my phone from inside to take a picture and instead, followed the thumping sound. It sounded like a scuffling noise from soil or something. An animal maybe? 

There were only a few tree branches blocki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter