Trial

Until Death Do Us Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D-2 before the next wave

Author's POV

The couple woke up early in the morning and goes straight to the weapon testing field, they're determined to at least manage to make one shot out of the new weapon. BoA and the others already standby there, BoA immediately give a scan towards their magic core to see if they're already really fine or not, she gave the approval for both of them to wear the bracelet. as soon as they activate their weapon, the bracelet connects both of their magic core, this time smoother and faster, they also manage to stabilize the magic flow right away.

"Imagine the weapon that both of you want the bracelet to projects. That will be your true weapon to fire the enemy." Hyoyeon instruct both of them as they closed their eyes together, concentrating inside their mind. Slowly a human sized bow started to appear in between them, the couple opened their eyes, nodded in agreement and pull the bow string while slowly their magic power started to transformed into an arrow shaped.

"ANGEL'S ARROW!" they shout it loudly before releasing the arrow together, they hit the target with a huge blast. Everyone was amazed with the blast they just saw. The couple hold onto each others as they keeps on panting, trying to control their breathing. They deactivate their weapon and straightly fell down to the ground, panting. They lay down on the ground tiredly but a happy laugh came out from their mouth, they hugged each others and whisper "we did it. we did the shot. despite we're in a mess now. surely, if we use that attack but the enemy still standing there, we will be a dead meat." Taeyeon chuckles and hold Tiffany's hand. "yeah but I wont regret to dying after we give our best shot to them, beside we will die together as well. So I have no objection, I will die happily with the one I love" Tiffany chuckles too and hold Taeyeon's hand tighter. Medics coming to their way immediately along with BoA, Hyoyeon, and Sunny whose watching from afar earlier.

"are you okay?? that was an awesome blast. I believe it will kill anything, even Mort himself!!" Hyoyeon exagerate it in awe "You literally demolished the target, straight to the sea. you divide that huge sea into two, even though it is already back to normal now but still I believe it penetrate even deeper within the sea floor." Hyoyeon can't help but keeps spazzing on the attack she just witness."That was quite dangerous. Their magic instantly depleted in one shot. I will not let both of you use that move unless you have to and I wont give a permission to use that attack unless you have someone else with you to support you right after you shot the arrow. so they can back you up, brings you back to the base while they will protect both of you with their shield." BoA sternly said as her dragon's eye radiates a bright blue color, that only happened when BoA is being way too emotional.

"yes mam. we hear that loud and clear. I believe we can use it in a better way, I would like to discuss a modification to be made within the bracelet so we will still be able to stay connected and stabilize each other's magic core without have to do too much effort." Taeyeon and Tiffany stand up from the ground with the help of Hyo and Sunny, they brushed their clothes and pick up their weapons from the ground.

"we were having a short discussion earlier inside our mind and came up with this idea. How about making this bracelet have 2 modes, one mode is only to connect our magic core so we can support each other's magic output through our own weapon, the second mode is when the bracelet acts as a weapon itself. Basically my magic core is stronger, so if the modification is possible to be done, I can support Tiffany's magic output so she can have a stronger attack. While Tiffany is very good in making huge and strong barriers, her magic core can support mine while I am making a magic barrier so we can both back up each others. That's only an idea, we really hope it is possible. It will be a huge advantage and a great way to utilize the technology and our magic cores." Taeyeon explained thoroughly while Tiffany keeps on nodding in agreement

"I actually never thought of that, but I like that idea. sure we will modify it right away!" Hyoyeon type everything down to her note

"if that first mode can work well, we can have a safer option for even Seohyun and Yoona to try. or even the other potential couples. hmmm.." BoA said while tapping her chin as she is in deep thought. Sunny took a glance towards BoA that is currently in silence.

"BoA, I know you're thinking of something. mind sharing it with us?" Sunny showed her face right in front of BoA and make BoA startled a bit from her deep thought.

"well.. I am thinking, based on what I see through Taeyeon's and Tiffany's magic core connection earlier, I don't want to give a false hope here, but I am thinking, maybe it is possible to fix Hyoyeon's magic circuit through that link bracelet. But I am not sure." Sunny looked at BoA, trying to understanding what BoA just said while she continue explaining how the bracelet gives impact to the user "So basically, when those two trying to connect to each other's magic core, they both shared their magic flow. Taeyeon's stronger core, flow strongly through Tiffany's magic circuit right to Tiffany's Magic core. However, Tiffany's flow was not as strong as Taeyeon's, but when Taeyeon's magic flow connect to her core, her flow's strength increase rapidly. In the end, as their cores connected to each other, the cores filling the gaps of each other's lack. it's almost like complementing each others, their core become equally big. And when they tried to project the arrow and shot it, both of their magic flow into the same direction, creating a massive blast that we just saw. My hypothesis would be, Sunny's core is also a big, rare one as well and uniquely strong, both of you also have a quite similar wavelength. Hyoyeon's core is still there although it is smaller than before and has a hole in the middle but it is still there, her magic circuit disconnected from each others that is why she cannot channel her magic through her weapon. If only Sunny's magic flow can penetrate Hyoyeon's magic circuit to make a new ways to reach to Hyoyeon's core, Sunny can actually share her magic power to Hyoyeon, maybe in that way, Hyo's magic circuit that already disconnected can be fixed in order to make their magic core balance."

Silent fills the atmosphere as BoA explained everything to them. Taeyeon and Tiffany already lost with the explanation a few seconds ago as they're way too tired to think. Sunny and Hyo didn't move an inch nor responding. a few seconds later one of the scientist spoke up "theoretically, it's possible and make sense. but of course we need to test it."

"R-really? there is a chance that Hyo can have her abilities back?" Sunny teared up in happiness "Hyo!! we can fight together again!!" Hyoyeon is still looking blank to the news as she tried to process everything inside her brain

"it's still hypothesis. we didn't know if it will worked out or not" BoA restate her words as she didn't want Sunny to have her hopes too high and get hurt when it failed

"it's okay! I believe even with the smallest hope!" Sunny claps her hands and hugs Hyo tightly while Hyo still in her blank face

"that's the spirit. let's test the modified version of it tomorrow, for now, Taeyeon and Tiffany, get some rest then come with me to the training ground. those new recruits haven't been trained by the two of you for a while now. You don't have to have a sparing with them, just analyze their moves and give them suggestion on what should they do to improve themselves. Seohyun and Upon a will assist you there too. see you later in 3 hours."

"3 hours? seriously BoA? I feel so weak now and you asked us to train those kids too?" Taeyeon complained, BoA raised one of her eyebrow 

"yes I am dead serious. 3 hours rest will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter