Truth

Until Death Do Us Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author POV

it's been a week since the incident happened with BoA. No one trying to pry her to give them information about what actually happened to her, they respect the leader's decision. They hope someday the leader can tell them the story herself. They're just being by her side and support her with anything they have. BoA is keeping up with the pace and she have recovered. Dr Jung choose to stay at the base until everything is done, he also called all of his staff to help out at the hospital, temporarly closing his clinic at his hometown.

Taeyeon and Tiffany has finally mastered to use the Link Bracelets, they can use it the most efficient way.  The link bracelet are perfected with Taeyeon and Tiffany's inputs and has been put into mass production. The choosen soldiers from other bases have arrived to received intensive training on how to use the new weapon. The Link Bracelet's production will be done in 3 days and ready to be put to the test. The chosen soldiers are gathered on the main training fields.

"Alright everyone, before all of you try to use the weapon, I want you to have a team training. In order to speed up the synchronization between your magic wavelength, I made several rules here. First, you will be assigned to live with your partner when you are here, same room, same time, for the rest of your stay here. You will be given the same training and you will accomplish it as a partners. We will have a q&a session for each pairs to know how much you know each others. Second, I will have a scoreboard. Every training will be scored and evaluated, the best 3 pairs will be fighting directly under my command with Tiffany." Everyone started to talk to each others, wanting to be the top 3 "attention please." Taeyeon said in stern voice and the crowds goes silent "the last one, don't let yourself die in the battle. Have fun" she smiled "all soldiers, prepare your weapon! Your first training for the day will be sparing against us. We want to see your real combat abilities so we can determine which level you are standing now." Taeyeon and Tiffany activate their weapon without the bracelet. The training ground suddenly changed into a battlefield simulation. Taeyeon and Tiffany quickly move to tackle them.

The new soldiers were taken aback with the whole situation and they were not prepared. Taeyeon and Tiffany take half of them down within seconds. The rest of the soldiers manage to deploy their barrier to slightly defend themselves so they wont get eliminated. Among them there are Krystal and Amber. The two of them quickly headed to the woods and climb on top of the trees to have a better visual on the whole situation. Taeyeon and Tiffany moves like a bullet, their eyes couldn't keep up with the speed. They remembered the first time they have a sparing battle, this time is in a whole new level that both of them holding weapons and they're in the best condition. Amber signaling Krystal to make a move to take the couple down as they're being distracted outing other soldiers. Krystal trying to aim Taeyeon's arm to disable her from using her weapon but she find it hard to do it due to the fast movements. Amber prepared her katana, ready to move in as soon as Krystal shoot Taeyeon. They are planning to take them down one by one because they knew they don't stand a chance to fight both of them at the same time. Krystal take a deep breath and she memorized Taeyeon's movement, she pulled the trigger. Taeyeon is chasing the last soldier on the ground, ready to slashed her. On that moment, Krystal release the shoot. Tiffany saw this but she currently a few meters away from Taeyeon and she knew she will missed to protect Taeyeon in just split of seconds.

"Taetae! 8 o'clock!" Tiffany yelled and quickly dashed towards Taeyeon to support her. As if everything happened in slow motion, Taeyeon that currently dashing, turn her body around to 8 o'clock and She swing her blade, divided the small bullet shaped magic into 2, the bullet manage to cut 2 strains of her hair due to it's close call. She is not wounded but she is now open for attack as she is about to fall on her back. Amber already heading towards Taeyeon from behind a tall tree that has been covering her whole existance the whole time, ready to launch her attack. For a glimpse, Amber swear that she saw Taeyeon is smiling triumphly. Amber raised her katana and swing it as strong as she can towards Taeyeon. Her attack was stopped by a strong barrier protecting Taeyeon and a figure behind it. Tiffany let out a cold smile and shot Amber's chest without giving her a chance to make an emergency barrier with her katana. Seeing upon her partner being eliminated harshly, Krystal is now aiming Tiffany, she release her shot directly towards Tiffany. This time Taeyeon step up and make a barrier in front of Tiffany, then she swiftly move her head to the other side when a loud roar of gunshot can be heard escaping Tiffany's gun, right towards Krystal hitting her right on the arm, causing her to drop her weapon before she manage to shot her and fall from the tall tree. The timer stopped and the bell rings, marking the training session is done. The training ground was back to normal, everyone is groaning in pain on the place where they're being attacked. Krystal walk limply towards Amber and help her to stand while holding the pain on her arm that slowly turned into slightly purple.

"That was a great match. No wonder you're the chosen soldiers. I can feel that each one of you are in the different league with the other soldiers we have trained before. But that's not enough. For the first half that was being eliminated, you have to improve your reaction towards the situation. The enemy wont wait until you're ready to face them, be aware and prepared all the time. For the other half, work on your teamwork better, we still can sense the disconnection between you and your partner as soon as we individually attack you. You are partners, take care of each others back. And for the last pair to survive, great strategy but you still have to work on the execution. Last questions before we dismissed you, Why do you think we can be the best team?" Taeyeon asked, Tiffany stand beside Taeyeon "Because you have a connection to each other? Because you trained hard?" One of them trying to answer. Tiffany give a warmth smile before answering them "That is not wrong but not the main reason. The main reason is because we trust each other more than anything else. We knew if something happened to one of us, the other one will come to help. Even when we are having a fight as individuals, we never let our guards down on protecting our partner. We fight as if we are one person, not two individuals being grouped into one. Complimenting each other's flaw. That is what you all actually need to work on. You still have doubts on your partner's ability. Let me ask you another question, What is your goal for now?" Taeyeon placed her sword on her back as Tiffany speak. Everyone is silent, trying to think possible answer

"To defeat Mort using the new weapon?" Amber answered with her hoarse voice while still holding her chest that got badly bruised by the shot Tiffany gave her, she is also having a bit difficulty on breathing. "Well that is not a wrong answer, but you have more important goal in front of your eyes right now. Matching your wavelength, so you can use the link bracelet to the optimum function. Here is your wavelength during the mock battle." Taeyeon send the record to each one of their device "it is nowhere near synchronize, panic strikes you and fear gets the best of you. Now compare to what we expect you to have." Taeyeon showed in a big hologram screen, her wavelength and Tiffany's during the battle from the beginning to the end before she continue explaining.

"When Tiffany sense a danger, I can feel it, it can be seen more clearly when she yelled at me to avoid the attack. It was just a brief moment that her wavelength is higher than me to alert me, and I listen to her, matching my wavelength to her and we both work together to finish the job."Taeyeon paused the clip and set it in slow motion to make them see the disturbance in their wavelength during the threatening moment for Taeyeon but they syncronizing their wavelength back to normal within seconds, making the soldiers mouth agape a bit as they're amazed with their instructors' skills. Taeyeon continue her lecture "How can you face Mort if you cannot even face us? Combat skill, yes you guys are the best as individuals. But as a real partners, no. Link bracelet requires both of you to sync, feel your partner's presence, back each other up, feel the connection, close any possible gap that the enemy can attack you by working together. We are here to trained you on that so prepared for that. You may rest now, make sure you have checked yourself to the hospital before going to your dorm. We will meet again tomorrow, 5am sharp nearby the beach. Wear your training clothes and bring your weapons. As for Amber and Krystal, stay here. We will have to talk for a bit. Class dismissed." Everyone leave the room with painful grunt escaping their mouth, bruises and small cuts are visible on their skin. Amber and Krystal stand still, waiting for the instruction.

"Omg! I am so sorry to shoot you right on the chest with that amount of energy and the short distance. It must've cracked your ribs or something! I am supposed to reduce the output for a bit due to the short distance but I forgot! I am so sorry!" Tiffany franctically check on Amber's condition, making the two confused with the sudden change of attitude from the Lieutenant General as they're frozen on their spot while Tiffany is checking on their condition. "Ah well. Fortunately, I set the pain and damage absorbtion to the maximum so you kinda have another layer of protection from our attack, also limiter for ourselves, we couldn't make an attack more than 1% of our magic output or she might actually kill you in the process." Taeyeon pulled Tiffany away from Amber and flicked her forehead "how many times I should tell you that we are not in real battle fany-ah? You also almost broke their arms back then on our first sparing. Don't get way too serious ~" Taeyeon kissed Tiffany's cheek then gently peck her lips, making the two young soldiers' eyes widened in shocked with the situations in front of them, too much PDA in front of a young soldiers. "Anyways, you have improved a lot since our last sparing. Keep up the good work. And I am sorry that Tiffany shot both of you too hard. Please do check yourself to Dr Jung so you can heal faster." Krystal blinked for a bit upon hearing Dr Jung's name. Amber looked at Krystal confused "My father is here? How come he didn't tell me anything." Krystal's aura suddenly darkened and the atmosphere feels like dropped into below 0 degree "thank you for your information Lieutenant General Taeyeon and Lieutenant General Tiffany. We will recover soon and go ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter