The Invasion Part 1

Until Death Do Us Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

It was a cold morning, colder than the usual. Bustling noises can be heard from the base. Busy movements, some weapons are glowing as the holder wants to make sure their weapons worked perfectly. All the commanders are being summoned to the meeting room for final briefing before they're sent to their stations to get ready. The scientists, mechanics, and doctors are doing their final checking on every soldier to make sure they're in their best condition to fight. General Rain commanding his soldiers to set up extra barrier 100 meters away from the base so they will be able to prepare themselves for the worst in a better way, he also set up a traps for the dark creatures if they manage to reach near their base. Dr Jung and his crew distributed a tube that filled with a translucent liquid. He told them to keep it in their shoulder pocket where they can reach it easily, he will explain what it is for later on. All of the soldiers lined up according to the team assignment. BoA steps up to the podium that has been set in the front center of the whole military gathered, Sunny projects the view on the bigger screen on the left and the right side so everyone can see and hear her clearly. They gave a salute before turning their position to at ease.

"Good morning everyone! First of all, I want thank you all for your devotion towards our beloved world of Zein, despite you already know all the risk you'll get in this mission. Let's make this world peaceful like it used to be! Stick to the plan and don't hesitate to ask for help in case of emergency, nearby soldiers will respond to your distressed call and back you up. We are all for one and one for all! Second and last one, let's come back home safely with victory in our hands! For Zein!" BoA raised her sword up in the air while shouting proudly "For Zein!" Everyone followed her and a loud cheers can be heard from the crowds. Everyone is highly motivated and looking forward for the battle in front of them. BoA stepped down from the podium to let Dr Jung stand on the podium. The uproar slowly subside as he clears his throat on the microphone before he started talking.

"Everyone already get these tubes? Anyone who haven't got one may raise their hand and my crew will give it to you immediately. Alright, so these tubes can only be used in case of emergency. It will give you a small boost of magic just in case you're running out of it and in great danger. You can use it to go rush back to the base and all of the medics will aid you as soon as. But it has a side effect of draining and weakened you as soon as the potion worn out. That is why I urge you, only use it to escape from the battlefield to go to safety. Make sure to regularly check on your condition through your devices. I will have a team standby at the safety checkpoint near you. Stay alive and win the battle!" Dr Jung smiled and stepped down from the podium to let the prime minister to deliver his last speech before sending them off. "Good morning brave soldiers! I thanked you all for fighting with us. I want you to stay safe and bring home victory against the dark creatures. For Zein!" He raises his weapon and the rest of the soldiers followed while shouting "FOR ZEIN!!"

"Mission Start!" The prime minister pressed a button and a sirene can be heard echoing the base to mark that the invasion starts now. Thousands of soldiers slowly takes off from the field, flying steadily fast on the air with their wings, making a square grouped formation with their own teams and their commander fly in front of each team. Sunny's seeds spreading out, making a circle all around the big formation, she also command some of it to scout first. "Sunny, any visuals?" BoA asked through the intercom as she looked towards Sunny that has several monitors from her seeds shown in front of her, she looked at each display carefully "Not yet so far. We're almost arrived at the edge of the dying forest area. I supposed it is not far from there." Sunny said while keep scanning through the perimeter. BoA nodded as she held her sword tight while also sensing if there is any unusual movements made from deep within the dying forest. "Amber, can you hear any movements from underground?" Taeyeon asked while looking at Amber who fly not so far behind her, looking down to the ground just in case there is a movement from below the surface. Amber and Krystal descend to the ground, Amber stand still to catch any unusual vibration from the ground. "I catch nothing from underground but I do feel a great vibration from a marching armies coming from the west and east. estimated 500m from our position." Amber fly back to their position and Sunny scouts to the direction Amber was telling them. "I got visual. first waves will arrived within 2 minutes, west and east side. nothing from the north" Sunny said while looking at her monitor as she swiftly swipe the display to be in front of BoA so she can see it as well. "Alright. Soldiers! prepare yourself! impact in 2 minutes from east and west! We will keep pushing to Mort's HQ!" BoA said through the intercom as she readied herself, the soldiers prepared themselves as their eyes all showing determination to win the battle no matter what. "SIR YES SIR!" everyone shouted in unison. The soldiers from team A and B slowly detached themselves from the first formation, they're preparing themselves for facing the dark creatures from the west and east, Team C focusing on keep their steady pace in the center, ready to assist the other two teams while focusing on their region as well. 

Author Note: I was playing this game for a quite long time and it just clicked in my head that this song might be a great BGM for this first part invasion, you can click and listen to the song while reading this, might help you to build the whole imagination Cytus - Entrance (ICE) I hope you can finish reading at the same time as the song ends XD

"shooters ready! on my mark!" BoA raised her glowing sword, every shooter from Team A and B prepare themselves to shoot towards the black waves not so far from them, Team C's shooter dividing the supporting job as they turned into both sides swiftly, waiting for their leader's signal, "NOW!" BoA shouted as she swing her sword down to signal everyone to release their bullets, a various glows of magic bullets has been released towards the black waves, it became one long line of magic bullets like an ocean waves heading towards the East and West. A loud screams and growls can be heard from the black waves as it lost a great amount of armies as they're turned into dusts, filling up the atmosphere and make it slightly darker. The black waves stopped marching and just stand still, confusing the everyone. BoA raised h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter