Calm Before The Storm

Until Death Do Us Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Pov

D-1 before the invasion

BoA gathered the commanders for special meeting to talk about the finalized strategy and also team assignment. She already have a small meeting with Taeyeon, Tiffany, Sunny and Hyoyeon about the team assignment the night before and they have finally reached the conclusion on how they should divide the team. Seohyun and Yoona are invited to the meeting, they're puzzled why they're even there since they're only special ops soldiers while the rest of the people gathered there either lieutenant or lieutenant general or the other general from other base. "Alright everyone! Please have a seat! I have an announcement to be made first before we continue to talk about our plan for tomorrow. Starting from today, Seohyun and Yoona got promoted to be lieutenant and they will be a commander for their assigned team due to their exellence performance they've shown yesterday. Now I will let General BoA to do the briefing for tomorrow's plan" Taeyeon said and everyone is cheering for Seohyun and Yoona, congratulating them for their new promotion. They're shocked but also happy at the same time upon hearing the announcement. The cheers slowly subside as BoA started to turning off the light and turn on the 3D projector on the table.

"So I will explain about the current situation first. We have the information that Mort is expecting us to invade his place tomorrow and we also have an information regarding to the estimated armies he had prepared. Based on what our intel informed us, they're building their armies from the east to the north side, passing through the dragon's mountain over here. We estimated that there will be around 177.000, and still growing, of dark creatures gathered here. We currently have 200.000 soldiers excluding the one that will guard this city as the last line of defense we have for the worst case scenario. Moving on to the higher ground of the forest, we have Mort's HQ. There must be a tight security here before we can reached Mort himself, we will be expecting the new type of the dark creatures that is stronger and better than the others. I solely will have a duel with Mort till death" a loud gasp escape their mouth as they heard it, most of them disagree and wanted to debate BoA's decision for it. Taeyeon steps forward to stop them "it's already according to the best chance we have, also one of the reason she did that is because Mort has personally challenged her to it. All four of us with our full consciousness support whatever decision she made, we asked the rest of you to also support her and help us prevent any cheating effort from Mort's side." Everyone started to murmurs among themselves as they still doubt everything and doesn't want the General to fight on her own.

"Everybody please calm down. We will personally protect her with our lives. So you may focus on demolishing the rest of the armies." Sunny assured everyone and they started to calm down

"As I was speaking, Team A will be in charge of the eastern region. It will be lead by Lieutenant Sooyoung and Yuri. Team B will be in charge of the western region, lead by Lieutenant General Nickhun and Taecyeon from southern base. Team C will be in the center, lead by Lieutenant General Hyorin and Bora from eastern base. Team D will be lead by General Rain to protect the base alongside with the Prime Minister. The new bracelet users will be spreaded among all of you under Lieutenant General Taeyeon and Tiffany's command, any new kind of the dark creature, contact them immediately and they will be the one who take care of it. We will assemble here up in the hill in point zero where we will penetrate Mort's HQ together. I will go straight to him with these 4. All of you, clear out the base. Lieutenant Seohyun, Yoona, both of you will be in charge with the bracelet users when this time comes. When the base is already clear, you may regroup in this area not too far from our base and be prepared for the worst scenario. The prime minister will be in the highest command for this mission, I will be the second in command, if anything happened to me General Rain will replace my position in the field during the battle. Any question?" BoA explained everything as the 3D map showing blinking red dotted marked of the safety point for the last checkpoint. "No Sir!" Everyone said in unison "Alright then, Lieutenant General Sunny will send you details of your assigned team members. You may enjoy the rest of the day and we will gather tomorrow 5 am sharp, already with your team. One last thing, don't die. Dismissed!" BoA smiled and they gave a salute as they're exiting the room.

A loud sighs can be heard escaping all of their mouth as they slumps themselves on the chair. "Meeting is more tiring than the real battle." Taeyeon complains as she leaned her forehead on the table as she took off her military hat and put it beside her. "Agree." Everyone said in unison and another loud sighs escaped their mouth as some of them trying to cracked some of their stiff bones and joints before slumping themselves again to the uncomfortable chair. "want to have lunch at our used to be favorite restaurant to visit in town? it's been years since we're going there. I even wonder if the place is still open or not. we shall enjoy this day to the fullest right? we don't know what will happen tomorrow." BoA said, standing up from her chair, grabbing her General outer jacket and place it on her arm. "alright let's go then!" Taeyeon said excitedly as she pulls tired Tiffany from her seat, Tiffany let out an annoyed groans as Taeyeon dragged her with her strong arm, Taeyeon just peck Tiffany's cheek to make her less annoyed and it worked really well as Tiffany's face immediately lit up with joy and her eyes turned into crescent moon shaped. "I'll drive, I am a faster driver than any of you anyways." Hyoyeon said as she placed her hat back on top of her head "I'll grab my keys and meet me at the lobby outside." Hyoyeon swiftly runs to her place to grab her car keys before going to the parking lot, leaving everyone behind.

An unusual noises can be heard from within the car park that barely people use. People barely drive their car inside the base and also they usually live at the base and not really often goes to the town as well so it is an unfamiliar noise around the base as Hyoyeon her car. Tire squeaks echoing as Hyoyeon start drive her car with ease to the lobby, a black and green sport car can be seen coming out from the parking lot. Hyoyeon stop her vehicle right in front of the girls as she lowered the window to invite them inside her car. Sunny sit at the front seat and the others sit at the back.

"Hyo, your car is too tiny! it's too packed back here!" Taeyeon complains as she tried to adjust her seat to give Tiffany and BoA more space to sit. "stop complaining. you wont be inside there for like 10 minutes anyways. we will arrive there in 5, so just bear with it." Hyoyeon said as she changed her gear to race her car out from the base to the city in full speed, drifting here and there as they encounter any turns. Everyone inside the car already trying their best to hold onto something for their own safety purpose as Hyoyeon driving dangerously to get to the town. Lots of other vehicle honking on their cars as Hyoyeon drive like a racer. 5 minutes later, they did arrived at their favorite restaurant, Hyo hit her breaks quite hard, marking the road with her tire as she park her car neatly. Everyone at the back burst outside as she unlock the door and they're kneeling down, wanting to puke due to dizziness. "Yah! what was that? you at driving! I am a better driver!" Taeyeon complains again as she rubs her temple, Tiffany already puking her breakfast on the nearby trashcan along with BoA. Sunny casually walks out from the car as she already used to everything. "Well.. She only said she is faster, not better. So yeah. I know she is  but well no one objects earlier. I'll be waiting for you guys to be done with your business inside. Will order a warm tea to soothe the diziness." Sunny walks into the restaurant, linking her arm on Hyo's arm. 

Two stunningly beautiful woman in military uniform with their badge attached on their left chest came into the restaurant casually, taking other guests' attention, including the workers. They sit on one of the empty seat and order a warm tea for 3. The waitress nervously bring the warm tea to the table and handed them the menu. The other guests' whispering within themselves, guessing who are they and some of them already make the guess right. As they're still in the middle of spazzing the two woman, another three woman in complete military uniform came into the restaurant. They can recognize BoA immediately, gasp and small squeals can be heard from the other guests who dine there. The three slumps themseves on the chair and drinks the warm tea to ease their diziness. Tiffany almost passed out as she leaned her head on Taeyeon's shoulder. BoA trying to composed herself as she drinks the tea. "What do you guys want to eat? I'll order now." Sunny said while flipping the menu and called the waitress. A nervous waitress come to their table as she shove out her mini note

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter