160310

Holding On

 

 

 

Thursday, 10 March 2016

She was really curious about the owner of the umbrella. For the whole night, she couldn't stop thinking about the boy who gave her the umbrella. 

When will she ever meet him again?

Is there any kind of fate that would bring them together?

Those words kept replaying in her mind as if there's a replay button there.

Whatever it is, she should give the umbrella to the owner back, right? He might need it anytime soon. He won't stay under his hoodie forever, right? Or will he?

She was walking around the park when she had done with her class today. She had her eyes wandered around when she saw something familiar.

It's that hoodie. The grey hoodie boy.

She was internally screaming as if she has found her fate. She approached the figure with a grey hoodie on; adding a 95 sticker at the back of it.

Yeeun tapped his shoulders; startled the boy who was busy having his ears listening to songs. He stopped the music that was playing and turned his head around.

It's a girl. A cute girl.

When the boy realized he had his eyes on the girl for quite a long time, quickly, he lowered his head, looking onto the ground.

She passed the umbrella to the boy. It took few seconds for him to take it away from her grip.

"Thank you for yesterday," Yeeun said in a good manner, "I managed to get to class on time because of you."

The boy stayed quiet as she said that. He has zero response on those words. He lifted his head up and looked at the girl with his big eyes, "Don't you want to sit?" He said; brought his head looking at the ground back.

Yeeun startled by the first words coming out from the boy's mouth. She thought that the boy was not going to say anything till the moment she said she wanted to leave. Wait, will he ever replied to her if she said she would go now?

She quietly took a sit beside the boy.

"I'm Park Yeeun," She introduced herself without even being asked.

Again, for few minutes, it was really tense between two of them.

"I'm Choi Sungyoon," Finally, the boy gave up on being too quiet and opened his mouth for another words. "Do you perhaps study here too?"

Miracle. Another question from him.

She nodded her head but when she felt like the boy couldn't see her reaction because he had his eyes on the ground, Yeeun quietly answered the question with, "Yes. I'm in my first year of Pshycological Studies." She paused. She tried to catch a reaction from the boy but failed. 

He is really emotionless.

"What about you?" She couldn't let herself alone left, live in curiosity.

Again, another silent moment for them.

Seriously, it will be really hard for Yeeun to communicate with the boy. She won't survive this. 100% couldn't. She could assure that.

"I'm," He said in a quiet tone that the girl couldn't hear it and cut his words.

"I need to go," She took a peek at her watch on her left wrist, "Call this number if you have time," She quickly wrote her number on a piece of blue memo pad and pasted it on his hand.

The boy startled by her action but decided to stay quiet till the girl finally tons of miles away from him.

Yeeun didn't realized what she had done until she's halfway to her class.

So, why the hell she gave her number to him? On what reason?

She sighed.

But, it's a lie if she said she wasn't hoping for the boy, to call or at least text her.