Wednesday, October 4

Loving each day [ FICTOBER ]

Day 4: “We 100% need to pretend to be married on this undercover mission for it to work” AU

“So, you guys do understand how important this mission is for this organization? If we want to get upgraded to the status of an official organization we need to complete it without any mistakes. And in order to do this, you will need to go undercover as a married couple,” Minhyun finishes his talk and looks up to see his best men looking at him with a “what the hell are you thinking” face.

“Boss, this is an infiltration mission. Why would we need to be going as a married couple?” Minki asks. “Your mission starts at a dining party, being married would explain why you guys are going together,” Minhyun reasons. Minki just closes his eyes, lets out an irritated huff and turns around so he lay his head on Jonghyuns shoulder. “Are you gonna tell him or am I?” He asks his current pillow and doesn’t even lift up his head.

“I’ll do it,” replies his pillow and then starts speaking to his boss again. “Boss, friends go to dinner parties together too. There is no reason for us to act like a married couple, next to that, isn’t it usually Jeonghan and Seungcheols job to be the married couple? Why are you sending us?”

Minhyun rolled his eyes. He is the boss in this goddamn organization yet is own men are too stubborn to listen to orders. “You both know that Jeonghan and Seungcheol are fully enjoying their holiday ing each other and there is no way I want to interrupt that mess. Like I said before, and then you both understood it perfectly, this is important and I want my best men completing it. End of the discussion. You both are dismissed.”

Minki shoots him a dirty look, seriously, if looks were as deathly as bullets he would have been dead already, and turns around to walk out of the door. Jonghyun has at least some respect for him and bows before running after Minki.

Minhyun doesn’t miss how Jonghyun catches Minki’s hand and, later, when he’s looking out of his glass walls over the streets, walk out of the building, holding hands.

At least he can still correct some things before he has to leave.

-x-

The bullet hits the man perfectly in the heart. There wasn’t any other result expected since the shooter was Jonghyun, one that was already fully trained before anyone else even joined the organization. “Mission complete,” he says into the mic that’s on the sleeve of his shirt and his earbud creaks a bit before he hears Minki’s voice: “Almost done,” – a bang that’s highly possible to be a gunshot is heard – “Correction, done.”

He stands up and wipes off the dirt that got on his clothes when he laid on the floor. Checking once more that there’s indeed nobody in the area, he walks to the dead body and hides it in the bushes. Nobody comes in this area anyway and the cleaning team will be here as soon as possible so he knew he didn’t need to worry.

“Minki, you’re at the back entrance?” He asks.

A hum is the only response he gets.

“I’ll see you in a bit then.”

-x-

Minki falls down on the bed, panting hard, and Jonghyun doesn’t follow much later. The smaller curls up and Jonghyun smiles at the sight, wrapping the boy in his arms. “I’m happy Minhyun send us on our last mission together,” he mutters and the younger nodded. “He might have talked happily about getting promoted to an official organization but we all know what will happen to him and to us,” Minki says. A silence follows.

“At least Baekho will be able to lead the younger ones together with Aron. Jeonghan and Seungcheol aren’t little children anymore either, they know how to handle the others,” Jonghyun says.

Minki turns his body around once more, now facing Jonghyun, and gives Jonghyun kisses all over his face. “We did things for which we will need to take responsibility in the end, and that end is now. We can’t do anything about it. At least we ended together,”  Minki says, but even though he says that Jonghyun can feel the tears of his lover streaming down his chest.

Minki pushes his body closer to Jonghyun and they hold each other with more need than ever before.

-x-

Every member of the – now official – organization is present, even the old members like Raina and her old partners are, who stepped down from doing missions years ago. “You all know about the news that we are now an official organization that will be working for the government,” Minhyun starts his speech and confirmations are heard in the crowd, “but this also means I will be stepping down.”

Sure, Minki and Jonghyun knew about this, but the others didn’t. They had joined Minhyun before everyone else did and while the girls were there at that moment too, they haven’t been up to date with the organizations since they were on non-active. “Baekho and Aron will take the lead in the organization and will train Jeonghan and Seungcheol until they are ready to take over. Please accept them as your new leaders by then. With me leaving, there will be also Jonghyun and Minki leaving. I hope everyone respects the decisions that are announced today. Have a good night.”

If the crowd wasn’t already surprised by the news they were shocked by now – Jonghyun and Minki had worked for the organization and been partners for what felt for many since the start of the organization and they were suddenly leaving, something that nobody had seen coming.

When they wanted to ask the partners for an explanation they were long gone.

-x-

Three years since they left and Seungcheol was reading through reports of old missions. Nothing caught his eye and he was getting more bored as time passed until one report about a certain couple caught his eye.

“Jeonghan, come to the office,” he called through the intercom and the door banged open, not even one second later.

“Read this,” he shoves the report at Jeonghan, “It’ll explain everything.”

 

(It's kind of a mess, but longer that it was supposed to be. Hope everyone enjoyed it. Also, happy bday to the angel of Seventeen!)