Saturday, October 21

Loving each day [ FICTOBER ]

Day 21: ONE NIGHT STAND BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF YOUR NEW JOB AND OOPS THAT WAS YOUR NEW BOSS YOU WERE SLEEPING WITH AU

“Come on, come on, give me another one,” he says to the barkeeper who just raises his eyebrow at him. “You’re sure you can handle that, pretty boy?” Minki rolls his eyes at the reply and gives the man a dirty look. “See mister, I’ve heard that before and after all those times I still don’t like hearing it. I want a drink. I pay for said drink and I go again. What’s the problem? Just do your work and give it to me!” The barkeeper chuckles and raises his hands as if he is innocent. “Will be right there,” the man says before actually doing his work. Minki sighs and leans at the bar, scanning the crowd with his eyes while he was waiting for the cola Malibu (with too much Malibu to still be called cola Malibu).

Minki pays the barkeeper and takes the drink, walking to where he came from. His eyes have to adjust to the dimness of their corner since the lights flashing around on the dance floor were ten times brighter. “Ya Minki! What kind of journey around the world did you make? You were gone for ages!” His friend, Minhyun, explains.  Minki lets himself fall down next to the male and drowns half of the glass at once. “The damn barkeeper thought it was funny to joke with me. You know, the jokes apparently every barkeeper has to make when I ask for another drink.”

Minhyun full out laughs at him. “Well, you don’t exactly look like a man that can handle his alcohol. Your face screams ‘One more drink and I’ll lose conscious’ no matter what you do.” Minki punches the man on the shoulder. “Anyways, let’s not make it too late today, I got my first day at work tomorrow,” he reminds the fox-eyed man and finishes the leftover of his drink. “Why is alcohol so expensive? You pay a lot and get two sips,” he mutters and Minhyun once again laughs. Minhyun always laughs, at freaking everything, when he’s drunk and Minki needs to hold himself back from slapping him once more. “Let’s just go back dancing,” Minhyun says and Minki is grateful that his friend still has some sense left in him.

“You see that man there?” Minhyun tries to whisper but it’s more like screaming less than all the others do, but Minki nods (even though there is a horrible sound ringing in his ear).There, in a corner like he and Minhyun had just occupied, sits a man who’s obviously uncomfortable, doesn’t want to be here and would most likely want to disappear. “If you can get him to dance with you, I’ll pay all your drinks next time we go clubbing.”

Mink smirks and shakes the hand of his friend, agreeing to the bet.

“You better prepare some money.”

-x-

Minki groans when he opens his eyes, his back hurts when he turns around and when he stretches his legs pain shoots through them. When his eyes finally focus enough to see the time on the alarm that’s not his he almost jumps out of bed. He can’t be too late on the freaking first day of his new job! 

He picks up his clothes and puts them on with as little sound as possible, trying to not wake the one whose name he screamed all night. He wants to walk away from the bed, out of the man’s room but a hand grabs his wrist and drags him back into bed.

“Stay.”

Minki wines. “I really want to but today is the first day of my new job.”

Jonghyun tugs him closer and presses kisses on his jaw, going all the way to his lips and ending with one that turned heated in one second. “As much as I want to keep kissing you I really need to go.”

“Mm, don’t worry about your job. I’ll call in sick for you.”

“They,” – another kiss – “Goddamnit Jonghyun I’m trying to talk, they aren’t going to accept that on my first day.”

“Oh they will. They will probably know what my status is when they hear my name and if they dare to refuse I’ll let them learn of my status.”

Minki got a job at one of the biggest companies in the world and he was lucky to get it, he didn’t want to waste this once in a lifetime change.

“But-“

“Just tell me the name of the company.”

“Nublutes.”

Another kiss is shared and they keep going like that for a while.

“Jonghyun I thought you-“

“Minki-ah, I’m the owner of Nublutes. Anyone who dares to fire you for not turning up without listening to you tomorrow gets fired.”

(Nothing else than moans are heard after that.)